Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ when you are mine ❯ arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the naruto character mentioned in the story. They are owned by a very successful guy named ….. well we all know his name.
 
 
 
It was summer when Sakura was released, but it might as well have been winter. The sun did not touch her. Nothing did. They'd called her cold-hearted and she'd become so.
The day of her job interview was especially hot. In Konoha, people usually paraded tanned limbs in white shirts and shorts. Sakura wore black. Black jacket. Black skirt. Black boots. The only relief was a cream colored blouse. She'd aimed for respectability and succeeded to the point of drabness. She didn't care.
Need alone had prompted her to go for the job. Her prison visitor Yuuhi Kurenai, had a brother who needed a housekeeper. She believed Sakura might suit the post. Sakura didn't. She didn't think her brother would either, but Kurenai had badgered her into an interview.
She walked from the rail to the bus station, caught the two o'clock to Kazama district and got off at Uchiha Avenue. She walked perhaps quarter of a mile, before she reached two iron gates set in a six-foot wall. `UCHIHA MANSION' was etched into the stone.
She peered beyond and saw only a tangle of woodland through which a tarred drive disappeared. She pushed at the gates. She'd been told they would open. They weren't. There was no chain on them and she wondered if they were electronically operated. She pushed again and they gave a little. She looked downwards to discover they'd been tied shut with a string.
She bent down to untie the string and heard a sound. She glanced around her but saw no one. She started to unpick the string and heard the sound again. This time there was no doubt. It was the sound of a child's laughter and she caught a glimpse of a head bobbing up from a clump of shrub on the far side of the gates.
“Hello,” she called out to tell the child he'd been spotted.
There was no response, just the rustling of bushes as the hidden figure made a getaway. That, she assumed would be the Master Sanosuke Uchiha. A sweet boy according to his aunt Kurenai. Sakura wondered if tying gates together came under the category of `sweet'.
The string had been knotted many times and it took about ten minutes to untie it. The next hurdle was waiting for her round a bend in the drive. She could hardly miss it-a piece of twine, a foot off the ground, running from tree to tree on one side of the road to a tree on the other side. Presumably she was meant to trip up and take a flier.
Instead she stepped over it and called out, `Sorry. Too obvious, I'm afraid.' This time there was no response, not even a rustle of leaves, but she was still sure he was watching her. She sensed it as she went to the winding drive to the house.
It was a large mansion of considerable size. Kurenai was wealthy and apparently so was her brother.
She passed a Subaru and a Honda and went up to the huge door. She pulled the bell at one side and waited. Assuming it hadn't been heard she rang again. By her third attempt she decided it couldn't be working.
She lifted the lion's-head knocker on the door, and it came away in her hand. She was wondering how the heavy object could have possibly unscrewed itself from the door. Then she heard the sound of childish laughter again.
It was clear that one member of the household defiantly didn't want a new house keeper, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to volunteer for the post either. It wasn't as if she knew much about children. Just Naruto and that had been a long time ago-so long she could almost think of him without pain.
She felt this other boy's eyes on her as she circled the house, searching for signs of life. She heard the drift of voices coming from and open window, and came closer. She recognised the Kurenai's voice as the female voice. The other she assumed belonged to Uchiha Sasuke , eccentrically named the master of the house.
Sakura approached the doorway, intending to announce her presence but got as far as lifting her hand to knock before the man's voice arrested her on the spot.
`Honestly, Kurenai , you don't expect me to give this woman a job. Ask me for a donation-fine you'll get one. But if you think I'm going to open up my home to some…some…whatever the hell she is.'
`She's a very nice girl who's had a rough time of it' Yuuhi Kurenai replied in a soft kindly tone that sharply contrasted with her brother's. ` If you knew what as happened to her-`
`Well I don't do I?' Sasuke jumped in again. `Because you refuse to tell me'.
`Only because you'd get the wrong idea, Sasuke ,'his sister went on calmly, 'and what she is convicted of is irrelevant.'
`to you maybe ,' the man countered. `But then you aren't about to share you home with some thief or drug addict or murderer. Possibly all three for all I know.'
`I've told you. She was innocent,' Kurenai said with utter conviction.
It drew a scoff of laughter in response.
Sakura pursed her lips. She couldn't see Sasuke , because he sat in a high armchair. But she saw Kurenai, standing before him, looking upset as she tried to appeal to her brother's better nature.
Sakura could have told her not to bother. The owner of that deep sarcastic voice had no better side, and Sakura felt no compunction about eavesdropping.
`Sakura has never discussed her case with me,' Kurenai claimed in perfect truth. `She has never asked anything of me, either. I was the one who suggested this post to her, knowing she needs work and you need a housekeeper.'
`Need, yes,' he agreed, 'am desperate for no. And I'd have to be to employ this woman, do you really want Sano to be exposed to her influence?'
`He could do worse,' Kurenai said on the defensive.
`He has already done,' Sasuke reminded her. I don't think I fancy him adding lock-picking or safe-cracking to his other list of other doubtful interests.'
This time Kurenai didn't respond, but her face gave her away, coloring slightly at the reference to safe cracking.
Her brother was quick to spot it. `So that's what she is -a professional thief.'
`No don't be ridiculous,' Kurenai dismissed the idea hastily before ruining Sakura's chances with the admission,' Stealing may have been one of the things she was accused of, but-
`One of the things?' Sasuke's voice rose in disbelief. `How many more are there?'
Kurenai shook her head. 'I told you. It doesn't matter. You have my word she is a reformed character.'
`Really?' His voice became a sarcastic drawl. `I thought you said she was innocent .'
`She is.'
`Then she wouldn't need to be reformed, would she?.
`I…'Kurenai frowned over her brother's logic.
`Stop trying to confuse me, Sasuke. We both know how cleverer you are with words and pretty much everything else. But I do know people better than you'.
`Possibly,' he conceded. `At any rate, you saw through that bitch I marred.'
`Sasuke!' his sister reproved in a shocked tone.
`What? I mustn't call her a bitch, because she's dead,' he scoffed. `Is that it?
`Well, yes….' Kurenai admitted that that was what she meant.
`I called her such long before she drove off a cliff with her toy-boy lover,' he pointed out. `I don't see any reason she should be canonized now she's dead.
`May be not,' his sister agreed, 'but you have to be careful. It wouldn't be nice if Sano heard you.'
`Sano isn't likely to,' he dismissed. `Having discovered there was another candidate for housekeeper, he took himself off to his hut in the woods and is no doubt scheming on how to get rid of the lady, should I be rash enough to employ her.'
`You told him about Sakura?' Kurenai asked in exasperation.
`That she was coming, yes,' her brother confirmed, `that she was an arch-villain, no. If I had knowing Sano he would probably have wanted me to hire her.'
`And you won't consider it?' Kurenai's tone switched to appeal.
But Sasuke was adamant, responding with dry sarcasm,' Not unless I go barking mad, in which case I'd want you to have to me committed first.'
`Very funny'. His sister replied pulling a face at her brother's sour humor. `Well, I hope you'll at least be polite and give her an interview.'
`If I must.' He sighed heavily, and then apparently consulted his watch as he ran on, `Always assuming she turns up. It's already twenty minutes late.'
`Yes I wonder where she's got…..?' Kurenai trailed off, her question answered as she looked from her brother and to the open window and caught sight of pink hair….
 
A/n: hi fellas. While thinking for the continuation of my first story this came to my mind and I had to write it. Pls read and review.