Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who Has it Worse? ❯ Who Has it Worse? ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

There are no pairings in here, just to let you know. This idea just randomly popped into my head, like a lot of my other stories. It's really short, but I hope you enjoy it.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Thinking
 
“Normal talking”
 
 
Who Has It Worse?
 
Team 7 had just returned from another D rank mission, and was doing their normal routine.
“Ahhh…chasing that lady's dog all around the forest sure made me hungry,” said Naruto. “I'll probably go get some ramen after we turn in the mission. Wanna come with me, Sakura-chan?” He smiled hopefully.
“Yeah right, baka!” She punched him lightly on the head.
Sasuke snorted at him. “You think he would have learned by now.”
Naruto growled at him. “What was that, Sasuke-teme?” He prepared to lunge at him when he was again whacked on the head.
“Stop bothering Sasuke-kun!” Sakura snapped.
Kakashi continued to watch this argument while peering over the top of his book. He sighed. I worry about them sometimes…
He couldn't stop his mind from wondering as he eyed the two boys of the team. Naruto and Sasuke…they're both orphans, they both have been alone for long periods in their life, and they both have so much sadness in their eyes. However, they both turned out extremely different. Kakashi watched Naruto's cheery smile, and Sasuke's emotionless face. Naruto is always so happy and warm, while Sasuke is always so emotionless and cold. So it makes me wonder, who's the most pained?
His thoughts wondered back to their pasts. Naruto…he has always been alone. He has never had any family to love and care about him. He has always been shunned and hated by the villagers because of the demon sealed inside of him, which is a problem that isn't his fault.
Sasuke, on the other hand, wasn't always alone. He used to have a family that loved and cared about him. However, they were all killed by a person that he cared about, his own brother. And now he is haunted by the regret of not being able to do anything. He sighed again, and followed his now non bickering pupils as they went to turn their mission in.
What hurts the most, never having anyone to love you and being alone your entire life, or having people to love you, but to lose them forever and be forced to live alone?
So between Naruto and Sasuke, who has it worse?