Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Why Can't This Be Love? ❯ Why Can't this be love? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Van Halen’s song “Why Can’t this be Love.” Furthurmore, I do not own the anime Naruto, it is property of Kishimoto Masashi. I do own this songfic.

Why can’t this be love? -Van Halen

(Naruto)

Oh here it comes

That funny feeling again winding me up inside

Every time we touch

Hey I don’t know

Oh, tell me where to begin cause I never ever

Felt so much

Naruto felt Sakura push past him towards Sasuke and sighed. Her warmth hit him for just a moment. But to him, it felt like the searing heat would never leave his arm.

If only he was lucky enough for her to show him the same kind of affection she showed Sasuke. Naruto would give anything to show Sakura that he was there too. For her to see he was there too. Anything.

And I can’t recall any love at all

Baby this blows ‘em all away

Naruto looked towards her sleek figure running towards Sasuke. He glared a bit, “I don’t care.” he lied. He knew he lied. There was no love in that relationship. There was unrequited in his and Sakura’s. ‘Why?! What has he got that I don’t?!’ his mind cried out.

It’s got what it takes

So tell me why can’t this be love?

Straight from my heart

Oh, tell me why can’t this be love?

Naruto paced, Kakashi watched the lonely ninja. He knew what he was thinking. He saw it from the beginning. He went back to his book and then looked back to Naruto sorrowfully.

Naruto caught his glance and came to Kakashi, “Am I invisible Master Kakashi?”

“Only to those you want to be visible to.” Kakashi said calmly and went back to his beloved little book.

I tell myself

Hey only fools rush in an only time will tell

If we stand the test of time

All I know

You’ve got to run to win an I’ll be damned if

I’ll get hung up on the line

Hey

Naruto practiced his jitsus, he practiced with his chakras, he practiced till he almost passed out. And when Sakura came back after an obvious emotional battle because of Sasuke, she didn’t even ask how he was doing. Or what.

But Naruto was determined. He cursed Sasuke, making Sakura feel like she was nothing but a crutch till he got what he wanted. He used her feelings, maybe unintentionally but he used them nonetheless.

No I can't recall anything at all

Oh baby this blows them all away

Woo

Naruto watched Sakura as she sat by herself on a tree limb. “Hey Sakura?!” he called up.

She looked down, her features showing him her every emotion. He was surprised she wasn’t in tears. “Naruto.”

He jumped up on the branch and looked at her strangely, “What’s wrong? You ok?”

She looked away and shook her head, “Am…am I invisible?”

Naruto sighed and looked in the other direction, “Only to those you want to be visible to.” he repeated Kakashi’s words.

It's got what it takes

So tell me why can't this be love

You want it straight from the heart

Oh tell me why can't this be love

Naruto watched Sakura try so hard to impress Sasuke. He had enough of it and stormed up to his teammate and took him by the collar, “What do you have to do to her before you can finally have a good night’s rest, you jerk!”

Sasuke looked at him coolly, “She won’t learn I don’t like her. She‘s annoying.”

A twig snapped and they both turned to see Sakura’s face. It was so distraught, Naruto didn’t know if he wanted to punch Sasuke into a tree or if he wanted to bury himself under six feet deep.

“Sakura…” Naruto dropped Sasuke back to his feet and looked at her.

“I know.” she looked away. “I always have.” she turned and ran from the two boys as fast as her legs could carry her.

(2nd chorus)

(solo)

Woo!

It's got what it takes

So tell me why can't this be love

Straight from the heart

Oh, tell me why can't this be love

Naruto followed her, catching up with her as she rounded a tree. He slid in front of her as she dodged him. She flipped backwards and glared at him, “What do you want Naruto? Leave me alone!” she pushed at him to get past but he held fast.

“Sakura. I know you’ll never look at me like you do him.” she tensed and gasped, looking at his serious features.

“Naruto?”

“But I don’t want you to be hurt because he doesn’t love you.” he said truthfully.

Sakura frowned and then looked away, “I know he doesn’t love me.”

“Sakura…”

Sakura made a move to get away but then hugged Naruto, pulling him close. “I…just don’t want to give up.” she admitted.

Baby why can’t this be love

Got to know why can’t this be love

I wanna know why can’t this be love

Naruto held Sakura in his arms. He knew it was only momentary for she pulled away and looked at him with a genuine smile, “Thanks Naruto.”

“Yea. Sure, whatever.” he blew it off and looked away, “Just…try not to get hurt anymore. Promise?”

She nodded, “Promise!”