Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Window of the Soul ❯ Window of the Soul ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Window of the Soul

Author: tenshineechan (tenshineechan@yahoo.com)

Rating: G

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. It belongs to Kishimoto Masashi.

Author's Notes: Mainly an introspective piece from Konohamaru's POV.

Eyes are the windows to the soul.

Jii-chan once told me that a person's eyes were like a window to their soul. He said that regardless of how a person acted, their eyes would always show the truth. I had scoffed at this, then declared that I would be the next to claim the title of 'Hokage'. Looking back at Jii-chan's words, I now realise how true they are.

The people of the village act as they always have, with laughter and smiles. But their eyes look frightened. When the new Hokage arrived, they celebrated and went on with their lives. A new hope surfacing in dark times, however the fear still lurked within their eyes as if foretelling an impending doom.

Iruka-senseiwas someone who had kind and honest eyes. Just like his personality. It was easy to know how he was feeling. When he was happy, he smiled; when he was worried, he zoned out; and when he was angry, you made sure that you got the hell out of there. This made it pretty easy to tell when he was hiding something. He would try to hide the truth but his body language would always give him away. Jii-chan always said that Iruka-sensei's nature sometimes interfered with his job as a shinobi. I just think that Iruka-sensei is a very bad liar.

Moegi-chan has nice eyes. They remind me of hot chocolate. Warm, sweet and nice. Moegi-chan could always think of something fun to do. She cared a lot for me and Udon and would always play doctor to make us feel better when we got hurt.

Hyuga Hinata-san was someone who had kind eyes too. Even though her eyes were white and kind of freaky, you could tell that she was really nice. It shows when she looks at someone she cares for. I caught her looking at Naruto-niichan once so I spied on her for a while. She was strange though. She never looked Naruto-niichan in the eye but would look at him when his attention went somewhere else.

They were the people who had nice eyes. Eyes that said no matter what you did they would always care for you.

When I was playing ninja with Naruto-niichan before his Chuunin exam, I remember bumping into the nins from the Sand Village. The one that captured me, K…Kan…a big meanie, had nervous eyes. It was like he was worried about something almost as if he was scared since his eyes would dart around a lot. That was when I met Suna no Gaara. I didn't get to see his eyes for too long but it reminded me of a kitten I once found all lonely and scared. It didn't make me any less afraid when I heard his reputation though.

Hokage-sama may look like she's young but her eyes look old and tired. Like she's seen too much. They remind me of Jii-chan's eyes. I told her that once and she hit me on the head then said that there was no way someone as gorgeous as her could like like her old decrepit sensei.

That Uchiha, niichan's rival, has the Sharingan. Most of the time it's a boring black. But when he's in battle it reveals its true form. It's like a barrier is released and you can see emotion in his eyes. But isn't showing emotion especially during battle, a weakness?

Naruto-niichan has the strangest eyes of all.

It makes me think, what do my eyes show?