Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ My Guardian of Bloody eyes ❯ My Guardian ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors notes: this is a look at how the series would be different should Shinji have been raised by

someone who made him feel like he had a place in the world, and that their were people who loved

him. And now, on with the story.

My Guardian of Bloody Eyes

Prologue

By: Konous the grey

The rain pelted on the asphalt of the sidewalk, the world had been painted an everlasting grey, the curtain of rain clouds had hidden the sun from those who would seek its comforting rays. The city, Osaka 2 had seen worse storms, but you could not deny the terribleness of this storm, not that it was powerful, by any means, it was a light drizzle at best. But it was the kind of storm that came when one was saddened, possibly from the loss of a friend, or from physical pain. But no, this storm was not from loss, or harm of physical nature, this sadness came from....... ......abandonment. In an alley, between two competitive clothes shops, sniffles and whimpers could be heard as tears, mixed with rain, splashed into the ground below.

These tears came from a boy, no older than perhaps three or 4 years of age, huddled in a fetal position. What one would first notice was the unruly mop of brown hair, matted against his scalp. Next his Cobalt eyes which until recently, had carried the innocence that all children share, for they know not of the evils which infest this world, yet it seemed the boy had lost his innocence already. The boy seemed to be wearing a horizontal striped T-shirt, brown shorts, and strap on shoes. The boy, so caught up in his depression, that he did not notice someone approach him, until that is they spoke and made their presence known.

"Why is it that one so young as you should be crying young man?" Inquired the person. The boy looked up from his spot lying on the concrete alley. When he looked up he saw a rather tall man possibly 6 ft 7in. The mans hair was one of his most, if not the most, noticeable feature on him. It was red. Not the dark orange that is normally associated with this color, no, his hair was a blood red. Then his face which was extremely pale, very pale so pale he could be considered albino. His eyes were the same color as that of his hair, with the pupil so small they seemed to not exist.

The man was wearing a black jump suit so tight that it conformed and molded over his body like a second skin. Because of its skin tight nature the boy could clearly make out the large set of abs which were a symbol of a man who had gone through great lengths of physical training and endurance. Last but not least were the runes located all over his jump suit once again blood red was their chosen color. The ruins, if one was well versed in Old Catholic traditions were symbols to represent every sin a person had committed.

The young boy sniffed once, trying to not look weak in front of the stranger. "P- p- papa l-left me." He stuttered still in the effects of crying. This caught the mans attention it seemed, as he asked another question. "Why did he leave you young one?" The man asked kneeling before the boy. The child, having regained more control over his speech spoke once more. "Because Mama left." The then returned to his tears.

The man was shocked; this boy had faced similar circumstances to his life. "Hey, don't cry little one it'll be alright, wipe those tears from your eyes." The boy looked at the man then began to wipe his eyes clean, the boy stood up getting eye level with the man. "Now, what's your name little one?" Asked the man. The boy looked down for a second looked back up and put on his best smile. "Shinji Ikari, sir." Answered young Shinji. The man was taken aback by that name.

It was not the Childs first name, but his surname. There was not a day that went by that he didn't think of the last person he knew by that name. 'So you let him take on your name instead of you taking his, well see what your choice in a husband has done!' The man thought to himself. Shinji was looking at the man expectantly with his eyes still blurry with tears. The man gazed back at the lad and put on one of his first smiles.

The man place his hands on Shinji's shoulder, the man smiled and asked. "Now don't you worry Shinji, your Papa won't leave you anymore, from now on I will be your Papa. Would you like that Shinji? Young Shinji you see did not posses the knowledge of distrust of deals too good to be true yet, so the idea immediately appealed to him. The boy of no older than 4 looked at the man smiled so wide and happily that at that moment the storm stopped, the clouds disappeared revealing the sun once more. Shinji of course agreed. The man, understanding Shinji took the boys hand in his own, and the two walked out of the alley both smiling at their new found friendship. Shinji looked at his new Papa, and using the curiosity that all children have, asked him a question. "Um, Papa ...... what's your name?" The man looked at Shinji, his smile becoming even warmer, if that was possible, answered him. "My name Shinji, is Id."

Author's second note: First off I'm planning on taking this series from episode 1 to EOE, which will definitely have a happier ending than the original. Please excuse any grammar errors or spelling mistakes I may have made. Comments and Constructive criticism will be appreciated.

I'm also looking for pre-readers, would anyone be willing to do some charity.

Disclaimer: I don't own Eva or Xenogears, if I did Xenosaga would have been a lot better.