Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers the Angel Battles ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A meeting was taking place deep within war torn Iacon. While Ultra Magnus was the leader since Optimus Prime was gone he wanted the advice of trusted Autobot generals and commanders left on Cybertron. Ultra Magnus, Elita One, Thunderclash, and Starsaber were all there to discuss how to find Optimus Prime and the Ark.
 
“We need to get Optimus Prime back.” Ultra Magnus said. The interm Autobot leader wasn't sure if he could handle Deathsaurus or Skyquake and their plans. With Megatron gone they and several other Decepticons would try to become Decepticon Leader.
 
The other Autobot Leaders understood that Ultra Magnus had an issue with his confidence. It was that he lacked self confidence. He'd find he was a great leader and soldier if he didn't keep thinking he had to more then he was.
 
Though it didn't make Ultra Magnus's black moods and self pity any easier to put up when they reared their ugly head. They were thankful it that Grimlock was missing on the Ark.
 
Dealing with a depressed Ultra Magnus and Grimlock being his usual would be an even bigger nightmare then the one they had. And likely with Grimlock taking control of the Autobot army. And none of them wanted to see how many astroseconds it took power to go to Grimlock's head.
 
“The Ark and Nemesis's disappearance make it problematic to find them.” Starsaber said “That was an unstable Transwarp opening they entered.”
 
“Perceptor had a huge report on it.” Elita-One said “It melted down to that he has no idea where they are.”
 
“I told you all to ask Jetfire to write it.” Thunderclash said “You can at least understand his reports.”
 
“Anyone but Brainstorm and Perceptor.” Starsaber said.
 
“At least we don't have to worry about Huffer or Gears giving a report.” Elita-One said “Optimus showed some of those rants.”
 
“That had to be interesting.” Thunderclash said “And on a more morbid note how are we sure they're not all dead?”
 
“With the Matrix Flame still burning we know they are still out of there.” Starsaber said “As small of a comfort as that is.”
 
Out of the myrid of ways to give life the Matrix Flame was the one closest linked to the Matrix in the chest of a Prime.
 
“We need Prime back.” Ultra Magnus said “We have to find him.”
 
“Look Ultra Magnus.” Thunderclash said “We know. You don't need to repeat yourself about it.”
 
Elita One put her hand on Ultra Magnus's shoulder. The femme then looked Ultra Magnus in the optic.
 
“And I want Optimus found even more then you do.” Elita One said “However we have to worry about the Decepticons. Without Megatron to keep them in line every single commander other then Strika and Shockwave will try to do something that'll show they should be leader of the Decepticons.”
 
“Be it an internal power play or victories over us.” Thunderclash said “Or both.”
 
Ultra Magnus thought for a moment and realized they were right. He was no Optimus Prime but he had to be the best he could be. He had to use the Decepticon's weaknesses against them.
 
Braver ran into the conference room. The Autobot scientist looked excited. Given Braver was saner then Wheeljack and beta tested on the small scale before showing his inventions, the Autobot leaders were sure that it won't blow up in their faces.
 
“I've found a way to track where the Transwarp opening went.” Braver exclaimed.
 
“That's great news.” Ultra Magnus said.
 
“It took Jetfire, Mainframe, Windmill and I to figure it out.” Braver said “And they're 300 light years away from us.”
 
“Good.” Thunderclash said “I was afraid they ended up in another galaxy or even another reality.”
 
“The strange part is it's a system Jetfire was going to explore before the war broke out.” Braver said “That's what made it so easy for us to figure out where they are.”
 
Ultra Magnus sat more straight in his chair and looked like the weight of the world had been removed from his shoulders. He turned to Starsaber.
 
“Starsaber.” Ultra Magnus ordered “I need you to find Optimus.”
 
“I'll need Galaxy Shuttle for this.” Starsaber said “If Megatron survived he has two combining teams.”
 
“Understood.” Ultra Magnus said “Assemble who you think you'll need for the mission.”
 
“I got just the bots in mind for that.” Starsaber said. He looked at Braver and he nodded and knew who most of those Autobots would be.
 
“Thunderclash I need you and Elita-One to raid several Decepticon supply depots and make it look like rival Con groups are doing it.” Ultra Magnus commanded.
 
“Devious.” Thunderclash said “Sounds like it should work though.”
 
“The Decepticons won't be expecting that.” Elita One said “Especially with Grimlock lost.”
 
“He might be an arrogant, unAutobotlike brute with all the finesse of a detrailed tank but when his plans work, they work extremely well.” Ultra Magnus said.
 
“We just have to be careful for what Ratbat will do.” Thunderclash said “Slagger was a politician before the war.”
 
“So was Starscream.” Starsaber said “I wonder what the pit he's up to stranded on a planet with Megatron and Optimus.”
-
The mood in the repair bay of the Nemesis was tense as always after a battle. No one even bet on Starscream saying that if he was in command the battle would have gone better. Some placed bets that sooner or later Mindwipe would be the only one to have contact with Starscream.
 
“Some plan Megatron.” Starscream snapped “Have us just go and assault the Autobots like a headless Guardian class robot? And I didn't notice you doing anything but fighting Prime again.”
 
With a swift motion Megatron knocked Starscream to the ground. His optics cut through Starscream like his fusion cannon would.
 
“I didn't notice you giving any leadership.” Megatron growled “As for Prime…if he falls so do the rest of the Autobots. They can't function without a leader.”
 
“Oh that's brilliant.” Starscream said his voice dripping with sarcasm “And of course not have Devastator do it.”
 
“Some things require a more personal touch Starscream.” Megatron snarled.
 
Starscream wisely kept his mouth shut how many Vorns that hadn't work against Optimus Prime. He simply left the repair bay and went to study the local life forms and how they think.
 
He doubted they would be work much or have any good ideas but it at least was something to do. All the other Decepticons in the repair wondered how Starscream kept from being shot dead.
 
“You think there are any humans like Starscream?” Sunstorm asked Long Haul.
 
“I hope not.” Long Haul said “One Starscream is more then enough. I mean it's bad enough there's bots like Leozack around.”
 
“And he thinks Deathsaurus doesn't know that?” Smokesniper said “Every bot in the Decepticon army knows he intends on betraying him and taking his place.”
 
-
Gendo didn't like how things had changed. Oh he was right it was a time of trials for humanity but everything else was off. His scenario required the Third Child to pilot Eva-01 against Sachiel and awaken Yui. It was a plan he doubted there would have any major problems.
 
That alien machines would wage their civil war on Earth was something he couldn't have believed a possibility. Yet he had seen them with his own eyes and the Dead Sea Scrolls made no mention of them.
 
The whole thing was giving a headache on how to get things to go his way. So far he had no idea what this was all about. He wanted to kick himself for how complacent he had become. He had become used to knowing who all the players in his scenario were.
 
Gendo wondered who or what made the Transformers and for what purpose. Military and consumer lines that now running a muck across the galaxy perhaps? Learning their origins was a must now. Knowledge was power, and he needed all the power he could get over the Transformers. Definitely needed to find out all he could about the Transformers. They were going to be a bigger annoyance to his Scenario.
 
And even worse for his plans Tokyo-3 had every major and minor power trying to get their hands on the Transformer corpses. He himself had of course managed to acquire a few and hide them where MAGI won't know.
 
Another gulling fact that Naoko's personality had survived and was in love with one of those machines. One of his major resources now with the enemy. And Gendo knew that the Autobots and Decepticons would have agendas that clashed with his. And the Autobots were in his backyard and fortifying themselves.
 
“And MAGI too necessary to run this city and facility.” Gendo thought “And I believed she was one of the few things I could always depend on.”
 
Of course Gendo was avoiding the fact that MAGI though every human was too stupid to be worth talking to directly. He never imagined that was the truth or even possible.
 
At least without his being seen as worthy for MAGI to talk to.
-
“The scenario is doomed!” SEELE 4 said “Those giant robots are destroying everything!”
 
“Quiet.” Keele bellowed.
 
Suddenly a silver head appeared on the SEELE monoliths. They all knew who it was.
 
“Pathetic.” Megatron sneered “You're the rulers of this planet and what I do see? A group of squabbling children. You're not worth expending the energy to hunt down and kill.”
 
The Star Chamber bristled at being dismissed like that.
 
“Now see here.” Keele started.
 
“Slag off fleshling.” Megatron snapped “I don't care if you are immortal or not. I don't care if you run this miserable mudball. You just stay out of Cybertronian affairs and you might live to see another day.”
 
With that Megatron cut the transmission. There was a deafening silence in the room for several minutes afterward.
 
“We can not let some group of tinker toys get in the way.” Keele snarled “We will find a way to rid ourselves of these Transformers.”
 
Unseen in the corner Buzzsaw's optics glowed and the condor shaped Decepticon seemed to smirk. He might not have much to work with, but he was already planning the masterpieces he could make using the bodies of SEELE.
 
And he could give his brother Laserbeak a datatrax of his masterpieces. He always seemed to enjoy viewing them.
-
 
“Interesting.” Ratchet said as he scanned the LCD. The stuff was blood of some creature or creatures. He wondered where or how NERV could have vats of fresh blood. The Autobot medic ran some scans over what effects the blood would have on the human body even hyper oxygenated.
 
He didn't foresee any problems, but wondered who thought using this unknown blood in the Evas was a good idea. Or what they were doing with the animals they killed to get this much blood.
 
Or why they thought such a substance was a good choice in the first place. For an untrained pilot they would think they were being drowned. Ratchet didn't even want to think how that blood would taste to Shinji or anyone else for that matter.
 
His scanning of the food used in the NERV commissary showed it wasn't used to feed them. Which left the question of where were getting it to be this fresh. And what they were doing with the bodies of the animals they got it from.
 
“You have any idea what this stuff is?” Ratchet asked Wheeljack.
 
“I couldn't make heads or tails of that stuff.” Wheeljack admitted “I thought it was some kind of coolant but materials in it made no sense for that.”
 
“That would be because it's organic animal blood.” Ratchet said.
 
Wheeljack ran some quick calculations of how many animals would need to be killed for this much blood using various sizes of common human animals. And on a daily if not hourly basis given how fresh the LCD was.
 
“The logistics of that.” Wheeljack said “Would be inefficient at best.”
 
“And we'd have to ask MAGI but I have a feeling this isn't from slaughterhouses.” Ratchet said “We need Steeljaw to find where they're getting this stuff.”
 
“And I need to design a new suit for Shinji to use.” Wheeljack said “One with an internal air supply.“
 
“This place makes less and less sense the more I think about it.” Ratchet commented.
 
“And I doubt we even want to know what Prowl thinks of NERV.” Wheeljack said. The Autobot Tactician liked things logical and orderly. NERV was run anything but logically and orderly.
 
One of the Section 2 agents turned to a techican and asked “You understand what they said?”
 
“No idea and how would I know an alien language anyway?”
-
 
Starscream found the programs humans watched interesting. He saw several zombie films and found the idea of reanimating dead human bodies interesting. Their bodies could be made to work with enough energy.
 
His watching of the movies drew the interest of several Decepticons.
 
“Though only the recently dead will work for it.” Starscream mused.
 
“You really going do that?” Skywarp said. He really didn't see the point of using decaying organics. Plus removing them from their graves would difficult given they were so small.
 
“It would make the perfect terror weapon against the humans.” Starscream said.
 
“It would have to be before the nerves degraded beyond being able to receive signals.” Hook said “Rigor Mortus is also going to be a problem.”
 
“Humans have a fear of the dead rising.” Starscream said “And while they are panicking, it would give the Autobots more they have to do.”
 
“That'd be funny to see.” Frenzy said gleefully.
 
“I hope I won't have to inside me to transport them.” Skywarp said.
 
“Your jet mode isn't big enough to haul many of them.” Starscream said “Even if we crammed them into your cockpit.”
 
“Doubt Astrotrain will like having to haul them around.” Skywarp said “But better him then me.”
 
“Looks like we'll need to make a high pressure hose.” Hook commented “I am not going to clean Astrotrain's insides any other way.”
-
Shinji found himself in some sort of limbo. He was trying to sort out exactly what had happened to him. NERV barracks weren't the most comfortable place to spend a night but there weren't any hotels he could stay at after the Autobots and Decepticons fought a few days ago.
 
Which was why he was in a lounge flipping through channels.
 
“...Sources say these machines are UN military machines gone rogue...”
 
“What do you mean it looks like a sci fi movie got crazy? I wish I could get special effects that good if that was the case.”
 
“Aliens come to Earth and start beating the shit out of each other in ways that would make Micheal Bay drool and take down notes.”
 
“What we clearly have is alien life. We are not alone in the cosmos.”
 
“We're all going to die!”
“We have a giant monster that was hit by a starship! And giant robots blowing each other up in Tokyo-3! What the hell is going on?!”
 
“We have movie sign!”
 
“The end of the world is at hand or have things just gone to sci fi fanboy's fantasty? Well at least without the hot alien chicks? Welcome to the Cobert Report.”
 
“KHAAAANNNNN!”
 
“At least this makes for interesting television.” Shinji mused out loud before turning off the TV.
 
At the moment the Autobots were being quiet and fixing up their busted up starship. Only place they walked around in their robot modes was in the Geo Front. Shinji wondered if he could be there when they went public. It was likely to be a complete and utter media circuis.
 
His father had been…quiet and brooding somewhere. Of course Shinji knew he was a control freak. And giant robots from another planet threw that control out the window and then ran it over a few times.
 
Shinji walked out of the building and into the very green and lush Geo Front. He needed some fresh air.
 
“Hey Shinji.” Shinji hear. He looked around, and then looked up at the looming shadow.
 
“Sideswipe right?” Shinji asked.
 
The Autobot warrior nodded and said “Yeah that's me.”
 
Sideswipe sat close to Shinji and asked “So Shinji what is there to do for fun in this town?”
 
“I won't know.” Shinji said “I haven't been able to get out much. What do you for fun?”
 
Shinji was expecting something involving math that would give Steven Hawking a headache or some sort of activity he'd never heard of.
 
“I like to pull pranks.” Sideswipe said proudly.
 
That was definitely something he didn't expect.
 
“Really?” Shinji asked.
 
“Yeah. One time I covered Sunstreaker in motor oil.” Sideswipe said “He didn't stop complaining for a quartex.”
 
Shinji laughed at the mental image of that.
 
“Pulling pranks is fun.” Sideswipe said “There are some human ideas for them I think would work great.”
 
“Really?” Shinji asked.
 
Sideswipe nodded and commented “Of course I'm sure there are some improvements I could make to human ones.”
 
“Tell me more.” Shinji said interested in what could be done.
 
“The possibilities are endless.” Sideswipe said “Especially if we get Wheeljack to help.”
 
“Can we use them on my father?” Shinji asked.
 
“That guy really needs pranked.” Sideswipe commented.
 
“You have no idea. The commander of NERV is a jerk.” Shinji said.
 
“I think Shockwave is nicer then him.” Sideswipe said “For Primus sake I've seen Grimlock treat his subordinates with more respect then he did.”
 
“And all he sent me was a one word letter.” Shinji said.
 
“We need to glue a multi color afro to his head.” Sideswipe said.
 
Shinji laughed until it hurt thinking about Gendo with one of those on his head.
 
“I'd go with nanobots or something like that, but Wheeljack just invented something that makes crazy glue look pathetic in terms of strength.” Sideswipe said.
 
Shinji smiled evilly and said “We have to do that.”
 
Sideswipe laughed and knew he had an apprentice. And he was going to enjoy teaching him the ins and outs of pranking. What he didn't know was he was the first friend Shinji ever had.
 
Misato stayed as quiet as she could and watched the pair.
 
“Hound couldn't stop laughing for Orns after Jazz and I pranked Huffer.” Sideswipe said.
 
“You can say hello.” Misato heard behind her. She turned and saw an Autobot with a formula one racer alt mode. She couldn't believe something that big and made of metal could be silent enough to sneak up on her.
 
“Who are you?” Misato asked after calming down.
 
“Mirage.” Mirage said.
 
"Exactly how many of you are there roaming the Geo Front...and how did you get in anyway?" Misato asked.
 
"Four." Mirage said "Ratchet, Wheeljack, Sideswipe and of course me. And Wheeljack's girlfriend is allowing us access."
 
Misato still wasn't sure what to think about MAGI being self aware. Granted it wasn't as shocking after the Transformers had shown up, but it was a human created computer and not an alien machine.
 
Though it was disheartening that MAGI managed to get a decent boyfriend. Wheeljack had been spending time working on Eva-01 and Misato could see he was a kindhearted absent minded scientist.
 
“Yeah she really likes having us around.”Sideswipe said.
 
“Hey can I move in with you guys?” Shinji asked “The barracks aren't much to speak of and really don't want to stay here.”
 
“Well there is this one kid your age with glasses that is camped out around the Ark.” Mirage said “We're debating letting him stay if he's going to spend so much time watching us.”
 
“And the fact that Wheeljack might find trying to install the various things Shinji needs on the Ark.” Sideswipe said “It won't be a good idea. Given I don't think we want to see an exploding toilet. Or listen to Huffer whine about setting up new wiring and plumbing.”
 
“He could sign a petition to live with the commander.” Misato said. The fact Sideswipe, Mirage and Shinji frowned at that suggestion didn't fill her with confidence.
 
“The Commander washed his hands of the kid for over a decivorn.” Sideswipe commented “And even if he did want Shinji around he had several days to get that done.”
 
“He's definitely not ever going to win a father of the year award.” Mirage intoned.
 
Shinji gave her a hurt look. What happened a few days ago made it clear the only reason he was still around was because the Commander had 'a use for him'. It also hurt he'd never hear his father say how proud he was or anything positive.
 
Misato's heart went out for Shinji. She made a decision right there and pulled out her cell phone.
 
“Rits I'm taking in Shinji.” Misato said.
 
“That's...surprising.” Sideswipe said.
 
“Verbose statement there Sideswipe.” Mirage commented.
 
“Leave the humor to the others ok?” Sideswipe said.
“You're no Armorhide yourself.” Mirage said.
 
Sideswipe dramatically held his hands over his chest.
 
“Owe right in the lasercore.” Sideswipe said.
 
"You get the weirdest people to be your friends Shinji." Misato said.
 
Shinji looked completely surprised. He'd never even tried to get friends before this. Then again he never had aliens try befriending him before.
 
It left Shinji with a warm feeling. Maybe coming to Tokyo-3 wasn't so bad after all.