One Piece Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ pirates of the leaf village ❯ A Village On The Horizon ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own naruto, one piece, or any of kishimoto's or oda's characters. The story takes place after the Hidan and Kakuzu arc in Naruto and after Enies Lobby in One Piece. Enjoy the first chapter! ^_^
 
 
 
It was a regular day in the leaf village, and nobody was expecting what would happen in seemingly ordinary day. It was a bright and sunny afternoon, the citizens were going about their regular business without a care in the world, and 15 year old Naruto Uzumaki was expecting a very regular day. He just finished a bowl of ramen from his favorite eatery, Ichiraku Ramen, before running off for training with his sensei Kakashi Hatake and teammate, Sakura Haruno. He arrived to find Sakura already waiting. “Hey Sakura! Is Kakashi sensei here yet?” “Of course not, what do you expect? I swear you're not getting any smarter.” Sakura responded in her usual tone when addressing him. “Oh yeah, right.”
 
 
2 hours later.
 
 
Sakura was asleep under a tree and Naruto was face down on the grass when Kakashi finally showed up. “Oh, hi there you guys.” Kakashi said like he usually did when showing up late (which was all the time.) Naruto moved a bit and sat up. “God, it's about time Kakashi sensei, can you please be on time one day, that's all I'm asking.” Then Sakura woke up from her sleep. “Kakashi, the next time we meet, just arrange a later time so we don't show up hours ahead of you.” “Right, right. I'll try to remember that,” came the bleak response. “Finally, can we start training now?!” Naruto shouted, suddenly out of his drowsiness. “Always so enthusiastic, aren't you?” Kakashi asked. “All right lets get started then.”
 
 
A little while later.
 
 
“Wow, you two really have it in you.” Kakashi told Sakura and Naruto. “Huff, huff, yeah, sure do.” Naruto boasted. Sakura was panting as much as Naruto. “Well that's what training's for, right?” “Well you both did very good for today,” Kakashi congratulated. “Dismissed.” Naruto face brightened up. “Yes! Thanks Kakashi sensei,” Naruto replied as he ran off. “I don't think I can keep up with him” Sakura commented through heavy breaths. “I don't think anybody can.” Kakashi joked.
 
Naruto ran through downtown, eager to get to Ichiraku for the second time that day. Naruto had just four blocks to go when he felt vibrations in the ground and heard an explosion coming from the shore. Lots of people began to panic and started running around, saying it was an enemy invasion. Naruto, now forgetting about Ichiraku, sped towards the water line. Getting up to the highest point he could, he saw a lone ship, bearing a skull and crossbones, was being pursued by five others, shooting cannons. Naruto could hear a voice on a megaphone. He wasn't able to make out everything they were saying, but he could hear the key words. “Navy” “Surrender” “Pirates” But only one thought was racing through Naruto's mind. “Pirates? On their way here?”
 
“WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH! Faster you guys!” came the shouts and hollers from the Straw Hats sharpshooter Usopp. “Dammit Usopp, don't you think we know that already?!” Commanded the ships first mate and swordsman Roronoa Zoro. Their ship the Thousand Sunny was being bombarded by five navy ships that were pursuing them. A woman with orange hair and a map came up from under the deck and began to address Zoro and Usopp like she was their superior. “You idiots had better be able to keep this ship intact. There's land coming up and if we can hold up until then, we'll be able to shelter in the rocks. Think you dumbasses can handle that?” “You're not our commander Nami! Stop acting like you are!” “Well I'm just trying to get you two in gear so we can survive this crisis!” Just then a large man with blue hair, a Hawaiian shirt and a spiked chin came and interrupted the argument. “Hey, we're fighting these guys who're chasing us remember?” And with that he ran to the back of the ship, leaned over the railing, and began to shout at the incoming ships. “Hey! You! If you think you can strike down this ship then you're dead wrong marines!” Usopp then quickly jumped up, grabbed his screaming shipmate, and pulled him back onto the deck. “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING FRANKY?!” “I'm letting them know if they wreck my ship, their going to be in a hell of a lot of pain when I finish them! So bring it on you latchkeys!” “Your ship? Don't you mean our ship?” “Hurry! We're going to be killed! Go faster!” a little reindeer with a backpack and red hat said, suddenly appearing on deck. “Chopper! Shut up!” said a deep male voice. “We're being attacked! We have enough stress as it is without you screaming. “I know Sanji, but it's just so scary!” “Well Sanji is right. We can't afford to panic.” A woman with long black hair and a cowboy hat was sitting on a deck chair, talking as if nothing was wrong. Then Zoro snapped. “You guys are hardly doing any work at all! Especially you Nico! Either pitch in and help or I throw you overboard!” Nami quickly took the chance to intervene. “Well we don't have too much longer. Look. There's the land I said there would be. Just one more minute and we'll be able to shelter.” Just then, without any warning, a boy with blue shorts, red button up shirt, black hair and a straw hat, burst up from under the deck. “Yahoo! We're almost at land?! I can't wait for our next adven…” But he got cut off by Zoro, Nami, and Sanji who all instinctively kicked him in the back at the same time and accused in unison, “WHERE IN GOD'S NAME WERE YOU?!” “I was taking a nap,” Luffy told them. He looked around calmly and finally noticed the five imposing watercraft lumbering after them. “Whoa! Everyone watch out! We're being chased by those navy guys!” Everyone gave Luffy a cold stare, (except Nico, who usually didn't show anger, even in times like this.) But Luffy just gave them a grin from ear to ear and said, “It'll be fun! Just think about the adventure we'll have! Besides we always beat those guys!” Everyone just groaned. Even Nico. Then suddenly, without warning, the land was to close for comfort. Nami began to panic. “Hurry someone steer! Who is steering?! We're going to crash!” Sanji jumped at the chance to help Nami. “Will do Nami-San! I'll save the ship,” and on that note, he ran to the steering wheel (wherever that is) and angled the Thousand Sunny into a crevasse, leaving no room for the navy ships to chase them. But Nami was still screaming her voice dry in Luffy's ears. “Idiot! This isn't enough! They'll lower rowboats and come in after us!” Luffy smiled and said, “don't worry Nami, I can fix that! Gumo-Gumo…” Luffy said, charging up an attack, “PISTOL!” Luffy smashed a corner of the cliff, sending down a massive landslide of rock into the opening that they came through. Everyone just stood there. Usopp broke the silence. “How're we going to get the ship out after the navy leaves?” “Through the hole back there.” Luffy told him matter-of-factly. “There's only enough room for us, not the ship, and that leads out to the land, not the water.” Usopp explained. “Then let's go see what's on the other side!” as Luffy got off the ship and hopped onto a narrow stone walkway and went through the opening. The other straw hats looked at each other, knowing there was no way to bring their captain back, and got of the Thousand Sunny to follow their nutty captain.