One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Island of the Devil Fruit Gods ❯ Magnetic Personality ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 25: Magnetic Personality

Franky was standing paralyzed before his opponent, a look of confused anger on his face. "What the hell is going on? Why the hell can't I move?!" he growled.
His opponent walked up to him slowly, his hands behind his back, a vein just over his forehead throbbing softly. He tapped Franky's chest, feeling the metal beneath it. "You're made entirely of metal, aren't you? You poor thing...that meanst you're helpless against me." his opponent laughed. "Allow me to introduce myself-Jishaku, eater of the Magnet-Magnet fruit. I control all metallic objects. I normall use them offensively like my arrowheads, but in this case..." he used his magnetic abilities telekinetically, and turned Franky's body upside-down and started bouncing him so his head kept hitting the ground, dribbling him like a basketball. "I can use your own body as a weapon against you!" he laughed sinisterly. He spun Franky around, making the cyborg scream.
"Stop it, I'm getting dizzy!" Franky gulped, trying not to expunge his stomach contents.
"This is fun! I think I'm going to like destroying you! The gods truly could not have sent me a better opponent!" Jishaku laughed.
"You'll be sorry!" Franky warned him.
"Oh? Then I guess I better earn it..." Jishaku grinned evilly, forcing Franky to punch himself in the groin. Franky's eyes bugged out.
"Y-you...bastard...I'll make you regret you were ever born..." Franky gasped in agony.
"Well, I guess that's one place that isn't made of metal." Jishaku chuckled. "But it's unsporting of me to do that, isn't it? Where else can I do some damage?" he cracked his knuckles, getting ready for another round of torture.

Luffy had quickly jumped off of Ryuumaoh's back, allowing the dragon-man to go off and check on the others. Still smoking from the skin in his Gear 2 state, Luffy stretched his arms behind his back and put his legs up behind his head. It looked a bit like he was trying to touch his head to his buttocks, but Luffy knew what he was doing. "Ready, Sanji?" he cried, grinning.
Sanji wasn't entirely sure what Luffy was up to, but looking closer as Luffy descended, he realized what Luffy was planning. "All right! Let's do it!" he agreed.
"Gomu Gomu no PACHINKO!" Luffy was perfectly curled up into a ball. Sanji leapt up to meet him, his leg outstretched, and he prepared to help Luffy with the attack.
"Shoot!" he announced, and Luffy bounced off his leg like a rocket-powered soccer ball, straight at Daikyojin. Luffy connected sharply with Daikyojin's right pectoral, leaving a large, throbbing red welt and ushering a roar of pain from the giant. It was as though he was being shot with a pellet gun. Luffy rebounded off again, as Sanji ran full-pelt to catch up with him to launch him again. He whirled through the air and kicked off with the back of his leg. "Backhand Shoot!"
Luffy whizzed back up at Daikyojin, this time hitting him on the thigh. He was now moving so fast Sanji could no longer catch up with him. But that didn't stop Luffy's momentum, he was now bouncing off of the ground, the side of the mountain, and somehow still never hitting any of his friends, though he did come close. But every few bounces off of something, Luffy managed to strike Daikyojin somewhere on his body, until the giant looked like he had a severe outbreak of the chicken pox. By then Luffy was beginning to fell the fatigue of Gear 2 and uncurled, releasing the flow of air from his blood and returning to his natural state, panting and sweating. "I'm dizzy..." he moaned, and fell backwards, fainting.
"Luffy!" Usopp cried, being near enough to go after him as Chiyu followed. "Wake up, stupid! I thought you were going to finish him off, not pass out before you got a chance to!"
"I'll help!" Chiyu put her hands on his face and forced her glowing energy through him. Luffy's eyes opened quickly and he sat up.
"Oh, my head...that stupid Ossan didn't tell me I wouldn't have my full power back when I came out of the volcano!" Luffy complained.
"What are you talking about, Luffy?" Usopp's eyes narrowed.
"Aw, nothing important!" Luffy laughed. "But I'm going to finish off that giant-man now!" Luffy stood up and began to stretch. Daikyojin was still rubbing his body, trying to get the pain to subside, so for now he was ignoring Luffy. The weakness of the giants was their speed, and Luffy was fast enough to take full advantage of that.

Franky was looking more or less the same as before, unable to be hurt too badly by Jishaku, except for the part of him Jishaku had refused to hurt again. "You're very annoying, metal man! What does it take to hurt you? I should at least be able to dent you up so badly you look like a deformed monkey!" Jishaku growled frustratedly, lifting Franky into the air and smashing him hard into the ground. The earth around him was covered in imprints in the shape of Franky's body from previous attacks.
"Ha! What's wrong? I'll tell you! If you kiss my ass first!" Franky stuck his tongue out.
"Oh? Why don't I make you kiss your own ass, mongrel?" Jishaku bent Franky's body forward so Franky's face was pushed into his speedo. He released Franky after a few seconds. "Explain! What does it take to hurt you?!" he demanded.
"Fine, I'll talk." Franky panted. "All you've got on this island is primitive metal that couldn't put a scratch on me! Listen! The only things you have here you've probably either stolen off of outsiders, or stuff you've found in the earth here! If that's so then the things you've gotten from outsiders are probably ages old and rusty, and if they're from the earth they're poorly crafted!In the REAL world, we have ways to make metal way stronger than it is in its natural form! And you call yourself a master over metal? Don't make me laugh! Ever heard of steel? It's a lot stronger than anything you've ever heard of and every part of my body is filled with it! You'll never so much as make me cry 'ouch'!" Franky stuck out his tongue.
"You've got to have some weakness..." Jishaku said bitterly, unable to spot one on Franky at a cursory glance.
Franky's face became nervous. If Jishaku found out about his back, which he couldn't reach when he made his modifications, he was done for. "Why don't you take a closer look then, smart guy?" Franky sneered. It was risky but he needed to get Jishaku in just the right position for a desperation strike.
Jishaku looked at him warily. "I guess I can. You can't move any part of your body except that stupid mouth of yours." he sneered back. Going in for a closer inspection, Jishaku crouched, examining Franky's legs, up to his torso. "It's all the same, that metal runs all throughout you..." he grumbled.
"Not quite!" Franky shouted. "I've got you right where I want you!" he laughed out loud, and his stomach cavity opened. Thankfully, the materials that made up the refrigerator inside his stomach weren't all made of metal, so he was still able to maintain control of them. Shooting the empty cola bottle he had drained when he used a Coup de Vent to eject himself, Usopp and Nami from the village the first time, he blasted Jishaku with it at point-blank range at great speed. It struck Jishaku square in the face and shattered on impact, leaving several shallow, but bloody, cuts all over his face, particularly around his nose and eyes. Jishaku clasped at his eyes, temporarily blinded by all the blood, shrieking in pain and surprise, and falling to his knees. Franky felt some of the movement returning to his body, and grinned.
"You bastard!" he cried, preparing to launch Franky into the air and drop him until he would be squashed no matter how strong the metal in him was. But Franky used the brief moment of weakness in Jishaku to launch his next combo.
"It's not my fault you fell for such an obvious trap, moron!" Franky snapped. "I'm the underworld boss from a place called Water 7! If you'd have bothered to ask me who I was I would've told you and you'd have known better than to trust me! It's your own fault, stupid! Now take this! Fresh Fire!" Franky inhaled deeply and exhaled, a huge burst of flame emerging from his mouth, engulfing Jishaku. "That glass wasn't metal, and neither is the fire, is it?! You think that metal's all there is to me? Stupid! You got too cocky, mister master of metal!" Franky howled triumphanty. "But just so you know, here's how powerful steel really is! STRONG HAMMER!" Franky now felt himself completely free of Jishaku's grasp, and rushed forward, punching him with a hard right hook across the cheek and jaw. Jishaku spat out a mouthful of blood and flew into a rock, which shattered upon impact, burying him in the rubble. He was down for the count. "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!" Franky cheered, laughing, and made his way to where the others who'd finished their fights were waiting.

Luffy shot out his arm as far as it would go, grabbing Daikyojin's arm hair, and rocketing up to narrow the gap between them. Running up Daikyojin's arm as the giant tried to shake him off, Luffy popped a thumb into his mouth and began to blow. "Gear 3!" he announced, as his other arm began to inflate once more. Daikyojin seemed to be ready for him this time, however, and grabbed him with his other arm.
"What are you going to do now, rubber boy?!" he snarled, deciding to bite Luffy's head off. As his head neared Luffy's body, however, he realized how big a mistake that was. Luffy's giant arm was twisting like a coiled spring.
"GOMU GOMU NO GIANT RIFLE!" Luffy roared, and his spiraling arm connected squarely with Daikyojin's face, breaking his nose and several of his teeth. Huge droplets of blood fell, causing everyone below them to duck and cover, and the teeth shook the ground when they finally hit. Daikyojin's eyes rolled back in his head, and he fell back, shattering the mountain completely as he lay unconscious upon the wreckage. Luffy's arm returned to normal and he expelled the air from his bones to end his Gear 3 powerup. "Yosha! I did it!" he whistled.
"Luffy, that was incredible! I can't believe it! You beat Daikyojin even easier than you did Ryuumaoh! And you've still got strength to spare!" Usopp and the others ran over to him.
"I couldn't have done it without Sanji's help." Luffy smiled.
"Oh, I didn't do that much." Sanji shrugged. "I just wonder how you ended up popping out of the volcano when you got slammed into the ground from here..."
"I saw the final blow, you took him out like nobody's business!" Franky laughed, running up to them and waving.
"Oh, but wait!" Chiyu piped up urgently.
"What is it?" Sanji asked her, confused.
"Daikyojin's still a giant!" she pointed. It was true; even though he was knocked out, his size still remained tremendous as he lay upon the shattered mountain that formerly overlooked the village. "When Devil Fruit users are unconscious, they are supposed to go back to normal, like when a Zoan goes back to being human from their animal form! I don't think he's beaten yet!" she explained.
They all looked back up at Daikyojin's sleeping form. "He must be tougher than I thought! I guess I have to beat him up all over again." Luffy cracked his neck and warmed up for another round.
"No, I don't like this...something's wrong, when you beat Ryuumaoh he stayed beat. This isn't the same." Sanji shook his head. "What's going on? Is something strengthening him so he can take more punishment?"
"Wait! I think Ossan said I had to beat the giant-man to win some kind of prize or something!" Luffy clapped his fist in his palm, remembering his encounter in the darkness.
"There he goes talking about his imaginary friend again..." Usopp mumbled, rolling his eyes. "And I thought I was the liar..."
"Maybe that means the Ossan is giving him a second chance because he's the second King I fought!" Luffy snapped his fingers, guessing why Daikyojin was still able to maintain his power.
"Luffy, no one knows what the heck you're talking about! Stop acting stupid! Tell us what the hell you're talking about!" Franky interrupted.
"It's okay, I'll just beat him again. Maybe then Ossan will tell me where the Thousand Sunny went!" Luffy chuckled.
And just like that, the volcano reacted again, only it didn't expel anything this time. The green light emanated from it, and an image of the Thousand Sunny was projected on it like it was a video screen. Everyone's jaws dropped seeing it. Their way out of this nightmare, so close, and yet it vanished after a few seconds. "See! Ossan had it the whole time! He's been holding it safe for us! I guess I just have to beat giant-man until he can't get up anymore, and Thousand Sunny will be spit out like I was!" Luffy explained.
"But who is this Ossan you're talking about, Luffy?" Usopp asked desperately.
"I don't know." Luffy grinned, and everyone fell down in exasperation at their leader's incompetence.