Onmyou Taisenki Fan Fiction ❯ Onmyou Taisenki: Another World ❯ Onmyou Taisenki: Another World ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

`How had he ended up in this situation?' was the only thought on the mind of a young brown haired and violet eyed teenage boy as he was led down into a small pit lowly lite with a few well placed torches. The young teenager was only fifteen years old and wearing a wrinkled crimson shirt and a pair of beat up brown trousers while on his feat were a pair of worn sandals. The teenager was lead to a small cell by two well-armed guards employed by the local warlord of this region. The armor the men wore was a deep shade of crimson and black coated with dried stains of blood as a symbol of the many battles they had seen.
 
The rank smell of death seemed to waft after the men from every step they took as they took the teenager to an unguarded prison cell. The brown haired boy had to hold down his churning stomach to keep from losing the small breakfast he had been allowed earlier in the day. Once he was led before the darkened prison cage the teenage boy heard noises that sounded like the devil himself. Taking a small step back the youth was grabbed by both the men standing near him and held in place. He looked to the faces of the well-armed guards but the only expressions on their faces were complete neutrality.
 
Looking forward the young man was able to make out a figure within the small area of the prison cage and what he saw almost made him black out from sheer panic. A pair of burning crimson eyes stared at him from inside the cage of the prison cell with gleaming fangs that dripped clear white saliva onto the dirt floor. Staring into the darkened cell the young human saw one of the beast people from the southern region of the continent, but this beastman was what all parents threatened their misbehaving children with; completely feral. A feral beastman was known to take apart dozens of men so lost in anger and rage and it was natural for the young man to feel alarmed. Looking into the eyes of the men holding him the youth knew what his fate was to be and did the only sane thing; fight with all the strength he possessed to get away.
 
The youth fought valiantly in his effort to escape; he clawed, hissed, pulled, kicked, punched and wriggled his way from the grasps of the two armored warriors holding him. Sadly, it had little effect as the men adjusted and wrestled the struggling youth to the dirt floor of the prison. Once the brown haired teenager was finally calmed he staring praying in his native language in hope that this was all a nightmare and that he would soon wake up.
 
During all this time the encaged beastman was getting even more enraged than he already was at the fear and sadness coming from the human being forced to the ground in front of the metal bars imprisoning him. The beast people were sensitive to magical, spiritual and emotional energies and the feelings coming from the young human were making him even more angry and frustrated then he already was. The beast people normal a peaceful and gentle race of people, a few rouges here and there but they normally live and let live, but when cage liked an animal, denied food for days, sunlight, given only a small dish of water and taunted and teased by humans, well anyone would be angry. This particular beastman was only a child compared to most and the children of the beast people were even more quick to become hostile than the adults because they had not been taught to curb their animal instincts.
 
Looking to the human who was murmuring something incoherent the child beastman could only gaze on in confusion. Another thing about the beast people was that they had a hard time understanding human language. Elves and animals the beast people could understand easier because the two species spoke in the ancient and universal language used since the dawn ages, most life of the planet could at one time speak this dialect but it had been lost throughout this modern era. Humans used sounds formed from their lips and throat that were hard to mimic and so most of the beast people choose not to bother with the funny language. Some of the elders and the older beast people learned it as a way to open trade and communications but the average beast person couldn't understand one word of the funny human language. But, what they could understand was the emotion behind the strange words, sincerity, fear, anger, and other feelings were clear to the beast people and it helped to deal with most of the humans they came in contact with.
 
The young human, with the odd colored hair that looked like muddy water, had feelings of intense sadness and fear and it was making the young beastman upset for some reason he couldn't understand. The human child looked to be the same age as he was, if you measured the ages of the beast people to human years, and so maybe it was the fact that this human was in the same situation that he was that made the beast child so sympathetic. Then again, when the humans opened the metal cage and tossed the boy in and he started to back away, maybe not. Most beast people would have started to fight to get out but this human child only seemed to cower and back away in fright.
 
The two men had picked up the young man, who still praying, and then tossed him into the cell right next to the young beastman. They waited a moment to see what would happen but when the boy fumbled and backed into a corner the child beastman only looked at him before turning to the two guards and reaching out to claw at them. Both the men jumped back as the beastman's claws swiped at their faces and then turned to each other and shrugged before stepping away and leaving. The two guards moved down the long hard clay covered hall of the underground prison, their boots crunching the hard earth underneath them and then exited the iron door that separated the prison from the outside world. Closing the door behind them one of the armored men put a key into the door and locked it with an ominous click.
 
Inside of the prison the young human boy kept his distance from the beastman and tried to make himself even smaller in his corner of the cell. When the young man heard the soft steps of something approaching he looked to see a pair of glowing ruby eyes staring at him. Those incandescent eyes seemed to be intelligent on some level but they held a deep anger that the young teen was unprepared to instigate. The beastman reached out with his clawed hand and the brown haired boy backed away before he could be touched. Just as the clawed hand reached out to touch him, being that he couldn't escape any further in the small space, he let out a yell and then a bright light filled the prison…
 
Meanwhile in another area a young man with bright ruby red hair was standing before an imposing man wearing armor of the grandest kind. The man was far older than the boy standing before him by at least thirty years if stature could be accounted for and the armor he wore was far to stunning to be that of a fledgling warrior, so awe inspiring as it was to look at. It was as black as a starless midnight, it seemed to be made out of some type of metal that was neither steel nor iron from its coloration, runes of blood red covered the finely made suit of metal from shoulder to legs, and even more impressive was the long broadsword that hung from the man's waist. The sword was massive while even in its sheath if one could guess by the handle, solid gold with a distinct pattern that was well crafted and worn from much use.
 
The younger man standing before the black armored warrior was no less impressive; he wore armor made of the same metal as the person standing before him, onyx the same as the man before him but with a glimmer as if it had been recently made, there were no runes covering this warrior but a single pattern in the shape of a great roaring cat donned the front of the black suit of metal, the warrior wore a sword by his side as well, not as imposing as the man's before him but no less impressive. The weapon was a standard issue sword by the hilt but the craftsmanship of the blade's handle spoke of an experienced hand forging the blade.
 
Both men seemed to be impressive warriors from the look of their armory and even deadlier was the air they seemed to carry about themselves. The room they stood in was the older man's bedchambers but the feeling as if a battle were about to ensue filled the small space. There was a fire burning in the red head's eyes that seemed to be hotter than the flames of hell as he looked to the man facing away from him looking out of a window to the countryside. When the older man turned around his features could be better seen and he was a striking looking figure to say the least. His face was rugged from long years of life, his hair was whitening in some places but still as black as a moonless night, his head had many lines from years of worry and stress, and many laugh lines around his eyes.
 
Looking to the young man standing before him he sighed and then waited for the onslaught that was coming.
 
“Father, may I know why you have decided to send Souma in a place that was meant for myself or some other warrior?” the young red head asked while steadying himself and gauging his words carefully
 
“Yuuma, I have told you that the decisions I make are for the best of the clan and are my decision to make as I please. Until the day you become the leader of our people I have no obligation to answer you but since this is a matter of grave importance I will say this. The beastman known as Rangetsu is one of the most powerful warriors of the beast tribe. He was once able to defeat an army by himself and his power and skill would be more than an aid to our people. But, nothing in this world is without a price… In order to insure his assistance and loyalty I have to pacify him with someone he can use to his pleasure and whim. Souma is the youngest of our clan and the most innocent I had hope that the beastman would take the child in trade for his power.” the older man said while looking at Yuuma who was appalled as well as angry. Yuuma balled his fist in anger but kept himself in check as he calmed himself and looked into the eyes of his father.
 
“So you mean to say that you plan to use my little brother in exchange for that animal's aid? You would sacrifice Souma's innocence in order to have another hand in your army? Am I understanding you correctly, father?” Yuuma's fury was rising with every word and he spat out the last word as if it was bile rising from his throat
 
“I know that you feel the need to protect your brother and it is admirable but times are changing Yuuma. Very soon our small clan will be wiped out and this is a last hope for us to survive. I have made many enemies in my long years as a warrior and sooner or later they will be knocking on my door. You are young and have experience but you are not ready for some of the opponents I have made. It is my hope that with Rangetsu at my aid if something should happen to me or I fall in battle that he will us his strength to aid the clan.” spoke the older man in a tone that was almost desperate but firm
 
“If such a time should come as you do fall so shall it be but I am no coward to hid behind another for my safety and well being. I would rather take my sword in hand and die covered in the blood of my enemies than cower like a child under that beast” Yuuma said with his head held high and his heart a solid as stone
 
“What of Souma? Who will protect him if you fall or if they should capture him and use him to get to you? Your brother is the only weakness you possess and there are those who would use him to make you into their puppet. They would dangle his life before you and what would you do other that be under someone's command to ensure his safety?” the black armor clad warrior said while looking to his son
 
“I would die before I let anyone lay a hand on Souma and I assure you that he would never be in such a position, even if I must come back from hell herself to see to it.” the fire that was in Yuuma's eyes burned more brightly and more fiercely as he thought of his younger sibling's welfare
 
“Hahaha. That's the Yuuma I know. But as I said before, this is my decision and unless you wish to challenge me you will do as I command and leave this alone.” the older man put a hand on his sword and looked his heir in the eye
 
Yuuma growled and unsheathed his sword. The fire in his eyes burned with unending fury as the young red head warrior stood ready to do battle. For the life and safety of his brother he would risk everything…even if that meant striking down his own father. The two men stood ready to engage in combat as they stared each other down. The hands on their weapons tightened and their nerves steadied themselves in preparation for the other's first opening.
 
A knock at the door filled the room but neither man moved.
 
“Enter.” the older man said while never straying his eyes from his son
 
A man a little older than Yuuma entered the room, his hair was the color of molasses while his eyes were a deep rustic brown and he wore a standard green garb of a servant. In his hand was a tray of tea and some biscuits but on his face was the look of panic and dismay. He tried to say something a few times but his throat was closed from shock at the sight of his two masters about to fight each other.
 
“What is it Gasshin?” the older man asked while keeping his eyes on his son's movement
 
“um…I brought you some tea and biscuits my lord until supper is ready. I…I had no idea the lord Yuuma was here as well. If I had known I would have had the servants make more but…” the servant man babbled while not wanting to incur the wrath of either warrior
 
“Thank you, Gasshin.” Yuuma said while not straying his gaze from his father's hand or blade
 
“Was there anything else, Gasshin?” the older man asked while looking at his son and noticing his hand gripped his sword even tighter. Yuuma would attack soon and he wanted to be ready to counter the moment he did
 
“Oh yes… the young man captured this week was thrown into the dungeon with the beastman that was caught following the raiding party from Rangetsu's village.” Gasshin counted off in his head the list of things he had to remember while not moving from his position at the door way
 
“And…” the older man asked while steadying himself. Soon he thought.
 
“Rangetsu has not given any word to the offer you have presented towards him…” Gasshin thought of the last thing he was to bring to his lord's attention as he closed his left eye and bent his head to the side
 
Yuuma put weight on his right side, as he was about to take a step forward. His hand gripped his blade and began to draw back his sword as he readied to attack his father.
 
“oh yes…Souma is missing. That was the last thing I had to report.” Gasshin said remembered the last thing he was to tell the master. The man smiled and beamed brightly to himself for not forgetting.
 
“What did you say!?” Yuuma stilled his movement and turned to face the servant, his father completely forgotten
 
The older man sighed at his son's lack of concentration and withdrew his sword. He took one step and brought the side of his sword down to his son's unguarded body. Yuuma's hand had never left his blade and he looked out of the corner of his eye to his side and then in a flash of movement and countered his father's attack. The older man was mildly surprised and smiled to his heir in approval before withdrawing from his attack.
 
“Very good Yuuma. I see that your entire common sense doesn't leave you when it comes to your brother. Keep that in mind about our earlier conversation. Now, Gasshin, what is this about Souma?” the older warrior asked while looking to the still smiling servant boy
 
“Well, master. When I went to check on the young lord he wasn't in his room. I asked all over the castle area but no one has seen him. I went outside to see if one of the horses were missing but all were accounted for and the stable hand said he hadn't seem the young one. He may have just wandered off by himself to think for a bit but I was unable to locate him for an hour and began to worry. I know that young Souma is capable of taking care of himself but I still made sure to let all of the guards and castle hands to keep an eye out for him. Uh…lord Yuuma where are you…?” Gasshin started to say while he looked to the red head lord who was dashing past him without a word
 
“That boy…thank you, Gasshin. If Souma is not found within an hour inform me and I will personally look for him.” The old warrior declared while looking at the still confused servant who was standing to the side of the doorway that Yuuma had passed him to leave through.
 
“Yes my lord. I will inform you within an hour. I think that Souma has just wandered off and will return soon but I will follow your orders.” Gasshin placed down the tray on the table in the lord's room and then bowed before getting permission to leave
 
Meanwhile, Yuuma headed to the west wing of the castle from his father's room with a cool smirk on his lips. His plan had worked perfectly and his father was none the wiser. Yuuma knew exactly when his father's planned to capture the beastman Rangetsu when he had heard the whispers from the men about the raid. The red head had known of the beastman's reputation and was able to put two and two together, with the help of Souma, to come up with countermeasures to whatever his father had planned. There was only one real conclusion the two brother's could draw as they brainstormed a few nights passed…
 
Their father wanted Rangetsu's power but how was the old man to get it was the only mystery. The raiding team had burned half of the village, thankfully with no casualties to the beastman's tribe, and all but forced the black tiger warrior to come with them to stand before their clan head at his castle. The old man hadn't gone with them to greet Rangetsu because he had to oversee the raid on the nearby village when some kind of mage or the other had overtaken the raiding party. They had captured the mage only to find that it was a young boy and then brought him to their clan's castle. Yuuma had heard that the boy had given the older man a handful and was delighted to hear such news.
 
Yuuma and Souma weren't the true children of the leader of this clan; the clan leader had just taken them in when he had raided their village years ago. Yuuma had watched his real father fight and be defeated by the old man who he now called father, the red head wouldn't even dignify him by saying the old man's name and barley called him father unless he saw fit to, and from that day Yuuma had sworn vengeance. The red headed warrior had planned to take on the old man once he was of age and leave his clan decimated for what they had done to his village so long ago but the old man was stronger than he originally thought. Yuuma had to train long and hard and under grueling circumstances and harsh conditions just so that he could one day take the life of the man who had murdered his father.
 
For years Yuuma had searched for weaknesses in the old man's clan such as those who were not so loyal to him. His brother, Souma, had trained in fighting arts as well as mysticism in preparation of the day he would take the old man an maybe the entire clan down and now another could be at Yuuma's aid if he played his hand well. Yuuma hadn't managed to see the boy mage the clan had captured the other day but he had heard that the young man was both powerful and well skilled in the mystic arts. Sadly, the boy was younger than Yuuma and not much of a warrior but if he could just buy Yuuma the time he needed…well that was for later.
 
Right now Yuuma headed to the room where the beastman Rangetsu was being held. What to do about the beastman had befuddled Yuuma ever since he had come to the castle but when the old man had declared, to his most trusted men, that he wanted the black tiger's power for his own and would do what it took to get it, Yuuma had seen red. He had seen the man do whatever it took to get what his clan needed, regardless of those hurt in the process, and when the graying haired warrior had looked at Yuuma with those sharp eyes of his he felt as if wanted to be sick. The old bastard wanted to use Souma…
 
Yuuma knew that his little brother had a taste for males when he found Souma staring at the men practicing in the training yard and licking his lips. He had confronted his orange haired sibling and gotten a complete confession out of him. To say that he was stunned was an understatement, Yuuma had heard of men who bedded other men but he never thought his own brother was one, regardless Souma was his flesh and blood and he would be there for him. Hypocritically, the older red head didn't speak of his own dreams he had of rutting with men in the lonely nights he spent training by himself…Yuuma had just thought they were hormonal dreams that would fade…hopefully very fast.
 
Yuuma had spent a long night with a bottle of ale as he thought about the whole situation and wondered what his father would have said but then he just got depressed and then angry and decided to do what he felt was right. That had been his real father's one true teaching to his sons…always do what you thought was right in your heart. Yuuma had sighed to himself before he slept the ale off and then deciding once and for all that Souma was his brother and he would accept him no matter what. And if, he happened to also like men, then the red head would deal with that later.
 
Shaking his head Yuuma stood before the door to Rangetsu's room and then knocked before barging in. He would get into this internal conversation with himself at a later time…that was if he lived long enough. A sword the color of the sunset sky aimed at his head and the red haired warrior had to duck before drawing his own sword in retaliation. The room was completely dark, despite this being the middle of the day, the only window had been covered with something and there were no candles lite. Another swipe aimed at Yuuma but he countered with his limited vision before the blade could hilt itself in his body.
 
The red head heard the grumbling roars of the beastman in his ears but he was more focused on the next attack. The red headed warrior listened for the tale tell signs of the sword the black tiger was holding to move or the black beastman's footsteps on the concrete but all he heard was deafening silence within the pitch black room. A sound pierced the gloom and Yuuma readied his weapon for an on coming attack. Two swords clattered in the darkness and Yuuma was able to see the face of the beastman when the blades met and showered the room in sparks of fiery light.
 
The red head had to admit that that face was something to be wary of, not even able to look at the beastman for long and the human warrior felt a fear run up his spine at the sight of such an imposing creature. Darker than even the armor of the clan's leader and even the room the beastman was able to filter into the darkness better than a shadow. His eyes were a yellow as the rising sun with speck of darkness in the middle that were, when last Yuuma could see, slanted like the edge of a blade. The armor, from what little Yuuma saw, was silverfish in color, Yuuma couldn't get a good look from the short time he could see and didn't know if it had a weakness or not.
 
The red head warrior cursed to himself while steadying his blade and waiting. Time and experience had taught Yuuma that if he waited his enemy would make the first move; some gesture, some movement and his enemy would give himself away. The only handicap to his plan was that the beastman could see in the dark and moved with the noise of a wrath. He on the other hand could only wait and try to parry his the black tiger's movements. A noise to his left and the red head looked while steadying his hand to counter on his right.
 
When the attack came Yuuma was able to parry and then counter with a quick thrust at the blade. The sparks of light gave the red head warrior just enough time to see his opponent and then make a decision. Forwarding all of his weight Yuuma attempted to shake the beastman's balance and hope that he landed a strike onto the black tiger's armor. It would buy him just the time he needed to knock the sword from his opponent's hands and then he could try to talk. Yuuma had known that the beastman wouldn't accede to his request if he were weak and prepared for the battle before coming in, but in total darkness was something he hadn't thought of…still he adjusted.
 
His plan worked when he hit the armor of the black tiger and his sword let out a harmonic ring and then Yuuma attempted to strike the sword from the beastman's hand. The only drawback was that when he attempted to knock the sword from the beastman's hand he knocked the blade away but then was crushed into the embrace of the black tiger by a very strong arm and hauled up to face the beastman until they were eye to eye with each other.
 
“Little warrior strong. Have chance to be great warrior but must learn when to back down and surrender.” The black tiger said in a rough and timber voice while still holding onto Yuuma
 
The red head thought about what the beastman said and then realized that he was being toyed with from the start. The beastman could have defeated him at anytime he wanted and was only testing the red head's fighting skills. No better to say, the beastman wanted to know if he would surrender because of his handicap. Yuuma squirmed in the large tiger's hold as he felt his pride shriveling up and then withering away. He hated to be played like a fool and especially while this time was so important, especially now. Yuuma had to catch his breath as he felt the hold of the beastman grow tighter and the air leave his body.
 
Stilling himself the red head warrior tried to look into the eyes of the beastman and was stunned to see such feline eyes stare back at him. It was kind of unnerving for Yuuma since he wasn't that much of a cat person to begin with but seeing this beastman, up close as he was made him realize what a mouse must feel like. No better yet to say what any animal must feel like in the presence of a predator, as if his life could be ended or spared with just a mere gesture from such a creature. Looking into those feline eyes staring at him with something he couldn't define swirling within their depths, Yuuma took a gulp of breath before speaking with as much courage as he could muster…present circumstances taken to mind.
 
“I have come…to ask something of you beastman Rangetsu.” Yuuma said while patting himself on the back for not stuttering
 
“You want my help. You want to kill your father. I know. I heard your thoughts while you journey here.” Rangetsu said while not once releasing or giving Yuuma a chance to get away
 
The large beastman felt the boy within his arms stiffen and then relax while he held onto his tightly compact body. The boy was something to be admired; he had walked in, barley announced into the tiger's den as it were and managed to parry the beastman's blade with minimal force. Then the boy was able to hold his own while the black tiger came at him from several different directions and then even managed to get in a strike and disarm the black tiger. Though the boy's plan was a good one he had failed to realize a couple of critical factors, Rangetsu had watched him move and could hear his thoughts. He knew what the youth was going to do while he was planning his attack.
 
“How did you know that? I never heard of beastmen reading another thoughts. Emotions yes. Thoughts…” Yuuma had to take a swallow before he could even formulate his own coherent thoughts. If this beastman knew and then turned to his father to give him aid Yuuma's entire plan could be endanger. Worse…Souma could be endanger.
 
“Worry not. I have no plan to help that human. I have trained for years and have honed our natural talents and…'I can speak to others through the mind'.” Rangetsu finished saying while speaking into Yuuma's head
 
The red head warrior was startled to hear a voice in his mind that was not his own and yelped a bit before calming himself. Looking at the beastman he wondered something…
 
`If you have this power how did you not know of the raid? Why did you allow yourself to be captured when you could have easily defeated all the men in the raiding party without any effort?' Yuuma thought out loud while he trying to focus his thoughts toward Rangetsu
 
“If I use this technique too long then I overwhelm myself and become incapacitated.” Rangetsu said answering both Yuuma's questions with his earthshaking voice
 
“I see. Since you know what I want here will help me?” Yuuma wouldn't beg but it was integral for his plan to work if he knew where the black tiger stood. He may have said he wouldn't help and if he could become an ally then…
 
“No young one. I will neither help nor hinder. If you wish to take the life of the one who has raised you then that is your fight and yours alone. I will help no side in such a conflict.” Rangetsu said almost sagely
 
“I thank you for that admission but I will see that man dead with my own hands. He took almost everything from me and I will have my vengeance.” Yuuma poured his heart out and he didn't know why but something about the towering black tiger felt safe and reassuring to him
 
“Rangetsu understand. When a cub had been injured then the entire clan raise arms in vengeance but remember that you have not lost everything.” the beastman said while looking into Yuuma's fire lite eyes
 
Yuuma said nothing to this and choose to remain quiet. The only sounds in the room were the even breathing of both the black tiger beastman and the red head human warrior and for minutes on end the silence was somewhat comfortable. Rangetsu looked at Yuuma who was looking back to him and the beastman felt his chest start to rumble and before he knew it he was letting out a small purr. Yuuma looked surprised at the black tiger purring and then let out a small laugh. He would have never thought that beastmen purred, especially someone like Rangetsu.
 
Back at the cell down in the underground prison the young red-eyed beastman was getting up from the other side of the small prison cage after being thrown from over where the young brown haired human was. He shook his head and then snarled before turning to see the boy who was lying very still. Instinct demand that he go and return the pain the boy had somehow inflicted to him and then slowly the beastman stalked his way over to the boy. Looking at the human he saw that the young boy was completely unconscious and defenseless. Raising up a clawed hand the beastman looked down at the human child and then stared at him before lowering his claw back down to the earth.
 
The human boy was a helpless as a cub and he had been taught that cubs were to be protected no matter what. The beastman sniffed in the boy's direction before stalking over him and rubbing his head in the human's body. The boy was completely asleep and unaware of what was happening around him. The beastman rubbed his head over the young human's body before he inhaled the youth's scent. Reeling back the beastman was surprised to smell such a scent from the human child, the boy smelt just like those sweet cakes that Horin made.
 
The beastman bent down again and then inhaled more of the human boy's scent just to make sure he was positive. When he pulled back again he was sure of it. The youth smelt like those strawberry cakes the rabbit girl made whenever it was the spring season. The young beastman was always happy to get one whenever Horin made them, it was hard since the entire village liked the sweet cakes so much and usually the rabbit beastwoman was out before he came by. But sometimes, if he was really good or had helped out the village a lot, Horin would make him a special one. She even put his name on it with the white, sweet stuff she called…fro…frost…frosting that was it. Thinking and saying human terms were so tough so he called it `the white sweet cream'.
 
It was so much fun to lick the sweet cream from his claws and then eat the red fruit inside of the cake when the strawberry juice splattered onto his chest whenever he ate them too fast. Horin would scold him a bit before laughing and handing him one of her…nap...napki…napkins that was it. The others would be proud that he remembered some of the human words he had heard some of the older clansmen saying. Then again he often got scolded whenever he said something his kitmate had said when he was angry. He wondered where his kitmate was anyway; he had followed him when he left with the humans who had burned down part of the village.
 
The beastman's eyes glowed a violent red as the young beastman thought about the human's who had hurt his clan and then taken away his kitmate. He knew his kitmate could care for himself but he was worried like any other young kitmate would be. He had tried to follow and rescue the older beastman but as soon as he got near the humans he had been captured and then thrown in here. He wondered if his kitmate knew he was here, wherever here was. He shook his head and then turned back to the sweet smelling human. Looking down at him the young beastman wondered why the human smelt like those sweet cake.
 
Nosing around the human's chest the young beastman tried to see if the boy had any on him. He knew that Horin kept a few in her…poc…pocke…pockets that was the word, whenever she wanted one for herself or was saving it for later on. Not finding any in plain sight the young beastman decided to see if the human had any under his clothes. Using his claws he managed to tear the top clothing off only to reveal a smooth and flat chest. Sighing and then pouting the beastman decided to try to see if there was a sweet cake in the lower clothes the human wore. Tearing away the lower clothes the beastman pouted and then stomped a clawed foot onto the dirt floor of the cell. No luck there either.
 
Halting the beastman thought he smelt something though. It was sweet like a sweet cake but it also smelled like the heavy spring rains. It was odd to the young beastman to smell both of them at the same time but then again his kitmate had told him that humans could smell very strange at times. Sniffing over the still sleeping human the child beastman tried to find the source of the smell. Narrowing his search to the middle of the human he trained his sharp sense to the boy's…wait that couldn't be right. The beastman smelled around again and then found himself back at his original place at the human's middle.
 
The beastman was really confused now, how could this human smell like he did around that area? That was the same area he had been told about by his kitmate…the place one mated with another with at; the long pole of flesh that could get hard and then make the seed of life. Looking at the human again the beastman could only stare confused while he looked over the human. A little bit smaller than he was, he had no fur or claws, his hair looked like muddy water, his body wasn't as muscled as the young beastman standing before him and he smelled like sweet cakes and heavy rain. The beastman was really confused and his head was starting to hurt.
 
Sitting down while moving his tail out of the way the beastman didn't know what else to do. The human boy was very strange to him, his scent was funny, he had hurt him with that strange light, and he looked and sounded like a cub. It didn't make much sense to the young beastman and the more he thought about it the more he was sure that if all human's were like this he would be staying far away form them as possible. The humans that had taken his kitmate away didn't smell like this one did but then again the young beastman wasn't interested with their smell only what they wanted from his kitmate. Looking to the human boy the young beastman decide that he would try something.
 
Going back over to the sleeping human the beastman stared down at him and the sniffed around his seed pole. That's what he had called it and his kitmate had only laughed before nodding his head and wondering off into the village when the child beastman had asked about it months ago. Trying to ask his kitmate about the seed pole making life seed was hard since whenever he had asked his kitmate got very red in the face and usually stuttered a lot before walking off. One time he got his kitmate to talk to him he said that you could make the seed pole give life seed if you touched it and then stroked it. Mystified the young beastman had asked his kitmate to show him and very slowly had his kitmate shown him with his own seed pole.
 
The older beastman had taken off his clothes and then showed him his long seed pole. His kitmate had taken the column into his dark paw and started to gently touch it before rubbing the long pole up and down over and over again. It looked boring to the young beastman before a funny scent hit his nose. The scent was very sharp and musky like his kitmate after he worked in the hot sun all day. When he had looked up at his kitmate's face the darker beastman was sweating and panting and when the young beastman had looked down he had seen something really strange. The seed pole had gotten longer and was still getting longer and something was leaking from it like honey from the bee's nest by the village, but this stuff was as clear as tears.
 
Watching on with his moth open a little in awe, the child beastman stared at his kitmate while the pole dripped clear stuff onto the floor of their den and the dark paw of his kitmate being soaked in it. Whatever the stuff was it was making the young beastman's kitmate very happy because he stroked and rubbed the seed pole more and more and it seemed like his paw was water running over it. His dark paw turned even darker, his kitmate started breathing a lot faster and then with a mighty roar that shook their den the older beastman had shot white musky stuff all over his younger kitmate's face. Totally confused and a bit scared the young beastman cried out and then hissed at his kitmate who was panting and holding onto his dripping seed pole.
 
When his older kitmate had finally stopped breathing in and out in such a harsh manner he had looked down to see his younger kitmate looking at him with glowing red eyes and a face full of white seed. The older beastman couldn't help it and let out a rumbling roar of laughter before brining his soaked paw to his mouth and licking it clean. The younger beastman was shocked to see that you could consume the seed and then he rubbed a small bit of the seed on his face onto his paw and stuck his white-coated paw in his mouth. To say the least seed had an odd taste to it but it wasn't repulsive and before long the younger beastman had wiped his paw clean and lapped up all the seed was off of his face.
 
The younger beastman wasn't happy at the lack of the musky life seed and then looked at his kitmate and then his still dripping seed pole. Being the youngling he was he immediately went for his older kitmate's seed pole and started lapping and sucking on it. His kitmate was both distressed and pleased to have his younger kitmate suckling on him. On one paw it felt good to have a mouth nursing on him since he had lacked any good partners to mate with in the last couple of months. Bad part was his kitmate was his kitmate and he was too young, even though he was seventeen autumns old and close to an adult by beastmen standards he was still a child.
 
Taking his kitmate away from his now reharden seed pole the older beastman had told the younger beastman that if he wanted more seed to stroke and suckle himself since he could make life seed at his age. Disappointed but happy at finding this new revelation the young beastman had ripped off his clothes and proceeded to stroke himself off until he splashed his face with his own seed which he proceeded to lap up as he did his kitmate's. When the younger beastman was finished he was tired but happy and decide to see if he could get more of the life seed but when he started to stroke himself it hurt and he yowled out. His kitmate, who had been watching the whole thing with great amusement, lifted him up onto his broad and black furred shoulders and told him that it took time to make more seed and he would have to wait a day before he could make more.
 
The younger beastman had asked why his kitmate's seed pole got hard again so fast and it hadn't been a day. The dark furred beastman told him that only good cubs who helped out the village, worked hard and were older could do that. It was from that day on that the young beastman had worked as hard as he could around the village and when all the chores were done his kitmate had trained him and wrestled around with him to wear off the extra energy the young beastman seemed to produce. A few months later the young beastman had been with his kitmate in their den when he asked to try to make his seed pole make life seed. Since he had worked so hard the last couple of months his older kitmate had agreed and then they both removed their clothes, this time without having to rip them apart, and then stroked their seed poles until the harden and pulsed with clear seed.
 
By the time they had finished the younger beastman could make his seed pole shoot three times back to back but each time he produced less and less seed. On the paw his kitmate had done it six times with just as much seed being made and still got hard again but at the sight of both of them covered in seed the older beastman had stopped and cleaned both of them up with his long and broad tongue. Since that day the younger beastman had never again done what he did with his kitmate, he wanted to work really hard and then he would make as much seed as his kitmate, but here with this human who smelled like sweet cakes and rain and the younger beastman wondered.
 
Reaching out the young beastman watched for his claws since the human boy didn't have fur to protect himself and started to stroke his seed pole. The funny smell that always came before the seed pole lengthened and got hard filled the room and it was the exact same smell as the sweet cakes. It took a moment but soon the pole hardened to its full size then wept out those clear tears it did and finally the seed pole shot out sweet smelling life seed. Again, something was off because this seed was really white; so white it glowed and lite up the entire room. From the light one could see the entire cell and the occupants inside; the beastman looked very young in the luminescent light, he had pure snow-white fur and blue stripes that covered him from head to toe, his ruby red eyes blinked from the bright light while his clawed hands covered his face. The beastman wasn't wearing any clothes save his torn red pants that the men had mercifully not taken from him, the fact that the person who took his shirt and torn it was sporting a nasty gash on his arms probably helped that situation.
 
The young beastman was dirty from his days of not having a bath and his hair had bits of dirt and grime in them but he still remained as handsome and feral as any beastman. The young human on the other hand was something else to look at; the boy was in the picture of health, very young by the looks of it to, his body was lightly muscled more than the beastman had thought but still not measuring up to himself. The skin of the human was smooth as he had thought but it was the face that was the most interesting, just like a cub the human boy was sleeping with his mouth open and little sounds were coming out. The young beastman's kitmate had told him that he made those sounds from time to time which usually lead to a bout of wrestling between them.
 
Watching the human's face and then looking at the glowing seed the beastman was at a lost. But then, his stomach solved that problem by letting out a ferocious rumble, without food for the last couple of days he was hungry and since there was nothing else to eat the young beastman decided to try the human's seed. Sticking a clawed paw into the shimmering mix the beastman put his seed covered into his mouth and then waited.
 
When the taste hit his mouth and then the seed entered his belly the beastman was more than elated. The human's seed tasted just like sweet cakes and a little like the fallen spring rains but still good no the less. Without thinking the young beastman stuck his face into the glowing seed and then hungrily lapped up the life seed. He lapped until not a trace was left and the room was plunged back into darkness. Finished the beastman sat back on his rump and then licked his lips to get the last taste of the human off his face. Satisfied the beastman felt tired and soon dropped to the floor almost completely drained and then closed his eyes to sleep.
 
What the young beastman didn't know was that the moment he closed his ruby eyes his entire body rumbled before it pulsed with black energy. Something long dormant had been awaked and soon it would be released unto this entire area.
 
Rangetsu and Yuuma were busy in the black tiger's room staring at each other in the now brightened sleeping quarters since Rangetsu had moved the bed from standing in front of the window. The beastman had set the red head boy down and now they both sat on the bed looking at each other. Yuuma's face was as red as his hair but the warrior refused to let his pride be tarnished by being weak and just stared at the imposing beastman. Rangetsu was smiling at the human with a toothy grin showing off all of his pearly white fangs when the black tiger stiffened and then roared out loud. Rangetsu jumped from his place on the bed, causing Yuuma to fall over and off, and rushed to the window.
 
The black tiger had felt something he hadn't in almost twenty seasons, it was a sacred beast on the rampage. It was a secret long kept hidden from the world by the docile nature of the beast people. They kept a gentle smile on their faces while hiding a terrible secret their clan had hidden for centuries. Only few of the younger generation knew but once in a hundred years or so the beast people become towering monsters that decimate towns and cities before returning to their natural states and sleeping for days on end. It was the sole reason the beast people had been given a region of their own to live in and keep far away from humans and other species unable to handle such power. A terrible destruction lay in wait for those who challenged an enraged sacred beast.
 
Looking outside Rangetsu looked and saw what could only be a nightmare to him, it was the shadow of his younger brother becoming a sacred beast. It should be impossible since the last person to become a sacred beast this century was the older brother of both Rangetsu and Kogenta. But he was long gone and his transformation had been over years ago but in spite of that stood his towering brother who was roaring and thrashing around. Kogenta had never been told of the beast people's secret in fear that he was too young to handle the burden but somehow…
 
“What in the nine hells is that!?” Yuuma's voice cried out as he looked under Rangetsu's shoulder to see a monster like no other.
 
“That is my kitmate. Kogenta.” Rangetsu said with a quiet but deadly air about himself
 
The transformed beastman, Kogenta, was a towering beast with rich ivory colored fur, ebony stripes that seemed to pulsate negative energy, and glowing blood red eyes that looked upon the castle with rage the likes Rangetsu had seen only once before. Yuuma looked as if he was staring upon the devil himself and couldn't move one finger in the wake of such a creature. A large white-clawed hand stretched out from the body of the monstrous form and headed straight for the room Rangetsu and Yuuma were in. On instinct the beastman grabbed the red head boy, buried him into the hollow of his body, and prepared for the pain that was soon to come.
 
With a devastating crash the massive clawed hand ripped through the bedroom and caused the stone ceiling to fall onto Rangetsu. Instantly the black tiger beastman was buried in the rubble and disappeared from sight.
 
The furious Kogenta was enraged at everything and nothing, no longer was the child like and rambunctious white furred beastman present. Now there was only a creature told of in horrible legends and evil prophecies tearing into the castle of the humans that had captured it. Why he felt such anger was unknown but the sacred beast Kogenta had transformed into only knew that the humans must pay for their transgressions. They had captured what was important to him, precious to him, hurt his village, taken his kitmate and then made him suffer great pain. The humans would pay…they would all suffer. These were the only thoughts in the mind of the sacred beast gone mad.
 
Souma had felt the life force of his brother being swallowed by something with a great amount of power and animal influence and surmised that Rangetsu had done something to the red head warrior. The orange haired warrior mage still felt life coming from his sibling so he deduced that his older brother was alive because of the beastman but for how long was the question. The young spell caster warrior had never seen such a terrible monster as he gazed upon at this moment. The creature was nothing more than the embodiment of destruction and more than happy to use its uncontrollable power to destroy everything in its path.
 
This presented Souma with two options: One he could leave things be and more than likely watch as the clan was destroyed while racing to his brother's aid. Two he could try to help the clan in somehow dealing with the beast before them and maybe save a few lives in the process. Closing his eyes and then weighing the options the orange haired youth decided to…save his brother and then haul ass out of the creature's way! The spell warrior laughed to himself with an evil chuckled as he cast a levitation spell on his body and then flew from his hiding place in the castle gardens to where he felt his brother's life force pulsing.
 
Nearing the ruins of what was once the west wing of the castle, Souma chanted in a low tone and searched for Yuuma. Clapping his hands together the orange haired youth used his two clasped together index fingers to point him in the direction of Yuuma's life-force energy. While the younger mystic warrior searched for his brother Kogenta howled and roared as he knocked over the castle walls and punched through the stone structure. The sacred beast wanted every human who had been involved with his kitmate's kidnapping and burning of their village and he wouldn't rest until he had them all. The white monster of a beast desired to feel the bones of the filthy humans being crushed in his clawed hand, he wanted to hear their tortured screams as he crushed every last one of them underneath his massive foot paws and the joy he would experience at the last of their cries before they died a horrible and painfully torturous death. Roaring so loud that the earth seemed to tremble under his onslaught Kogenta searched for the one's responsible.
 
Souma had walked until he came upon an area of rubble that was slowly quivering and the orange haired boy unclasped his hands before digging through the broken mess that was once a stone ceiling. The weight of the broken debris was heavy in his hands but Souma refused to listen to his body's complaints when the rocks cut into his hand, his back shaking with the effort he put into pushing away columns of rock, and the soreness of his arms as he pushed them to the limits to dig his brother out from under what could be his grave.
 
When Souma could see a body of black fur he rushed in an effort to get the fallen castle from off of the beastman shielding his brother. Once the beastman could move from his position Souma could see that his back was bleeding from where his armor had shattered and the stones of the roof had torn into his back. The orange haired boy looked worried as he put his hand on the black tiger's body and swept away the bits of debris before chanting a spell and healing the bloody mess that was once Rangetsu's back.
 
Souma heard the beastman grunt something he would take as a gesture of thanks before the black tiger stood up and look down at the wide eyes of Yuuma. The red head was unharmed from the ordeal and staring at Rangetsu as if he were some kind of god sent from on high. The beastman offered a hand to the red head warrior and then watched as the young man's hand slid into his before the black tiger warrior hauled him up onto his feet. Both tiger and human stared at each other for long moments unable to say anything until the piercing sounds of screams echoed through the air. Souma, who had watched the spectacle between his brother and the beastman, looked to see the men of the clan ready their weapons in an attempt to waylay the rampaging sacred beast.
 
“That thing is your kitmate Rangetsu; the same small beastman that was brought in just days before attacking the raiding party? How is that possible?” Yuuma asked while being awestruck by such power and humbled by such fury.
 
No human could hope to match that type of power head on and win and as the red head warrior looked to the men who were being annihilated by the enraged beast he could only pray for their souls. Though Yuuma wanted revenge he only wished to leave the clan broken, the only blood to stain his hands to be that of his father's murder, Yuuma never wished to see so many of these people being killed in such a way. This was beyond barbaric; this was nothing more than pure savagery.
 
“Yes. This is the burden my people carry with them. This why the beast people prefer peace to war. To willingly unleash the power within us could create a far worse monster than my brother is now. Kogenta knows not what he is doing, so lost in rage and anger; he only knows vengeance and bloodlust. But he should not be able to take on that form! There was only one other who could take upon that form and he has long since vanished into the wind.” Rangetsu pounded his fist into the ruble under his pawed feet as he bent down on one knee and thought of his brother who Kogenta was too young to remember.
 
It had been twenty years since their brother had taken on the form of a sacred beast and tore threw the land before returning to his normal self. Once the young beastman had awoken and seen the destructive rampage he had caused he immediately left the beastman village and hadn't returned since. That was the curse of the beastmen who where the descendents of the animal gods who had descended to this world long ago and chose to give up their godhood to live in peace. Once every hundred years, wherever the symbol for one of the beast gods shone brightly in the night sky, and when the first rays of dawn emerged, so did the anger and rage of the gods who had left their celestial home for this mortal one. One of people whose totem was of that god's would become a ravenous monster bent on destruction.
 
Thankfully the beast people would live in an area where when the sacred beast emerged no casualties were made. But now, so many people rushing forward into death's embrace. So many lives lost and end the end it may destroy Kogenta. Rangetsu hung his head and growled low in his throat at the thought of the torture his kitmate would suffer through. Rangetsu felt a hand on his shoulder and looked to see Yuuma staring at him with a determined look in his eyes. Whatever that look was it gave Rangetsu hope, hope for what he didn't know, but hope that maybe in the end…
 
“Brother, should we leave for the underground prison?” Souma asked while steeping over the rubble, his levitation spell still active
 
At the strange look both Rangetsu and Yuuma gave the orange haired mage the youth only sighed before going on.
 
“Kogenta, as it were, has not left the dungeon in three days since he was capture and locked away. Coincidentally, the young mage who was capture just two days prior was thrown into the cell today. It would seem likely that the mage may have done something to this Kogenta and caused his transformation. We should look for him and then decide on our next course of action. Do you not agree, brother? Rangetsu?” Souma asked while looking to both warriors
 
The two looked to each other before nodding and then turning back to stare at Souma. The orange haired spell mage warrior stepped in between both his brother and the beastman and then chanted an ancient spell. Soon the three were transported from the site of the destroyed west wing to the underground prison in a flash of pale light but without knowing it someone had been watching them the whole time.
 
In what was left of the prison the two brothers and beastman looked around for the mage that had been captured earlier but only found a nude young man curled around something. Taking a step forward Rangetsu moved closer to the boy and then turned the young man over to see that he was holding onto the body of Kogenta. Stunned the beastman didn't know what to make of the situation but at the screams of more men dying he quickly turned back to the sleeping figure before him and tried to awaken him.
 
Shaking the boy had no effect and trying to pull him from the hold he had on the motionless body of Kogenta did no good either.
 
“Rangetsu, be careful. Something about that human child isn't right.” Souma warned while keeping his distance
 
The black tiger beastman growled low in his throat before he reached out and tried to pull his kitmate from the human once more. A brilliant spectrum of color showered from the human's body and then the still boy unconscious boy rose from place he was laying into the air with Kogenta' body shielding his own. The hold he had on the white tiger beastman didn't fade and soon the human's mouth began to move.
 
“Why do you interfere with our retribution?” though the human appeared to be within the land of dreams he spoke with a odd voice that resembled someone talking through a filter of some kind. The voice was garbled and distorted and not only Rangetsu but also the two humans standing next to him watching with awe could understand it.
 
“Who are you? What are you?” it was the only thing Souma could think of saying while wanting to turn tail and run away. No human could accomplish such as a feat as what was going on right no but the orange haired spell mage couldn't refute what he was seeing.
 
The human was glowing with an unearthly light and floating mere inches above the ground while the beastman in his arms was still sleeping unawares. Yuuma was stunned as well from what he was seeing but held his ground, although his hand was poised on the hilt of his sword, just in case. Rangetsu looked the most shocked of the three standing before this very weird scene. Never had he heard of such power before and he had journey far over the entire continent during his lifetime. All three looked as the body of the white tiger beastman quivered and then looked up from the hold of the boy.
 
“ We are and are not. Mortals call us gods. But we are as we are and nothing more.” Kogenta's body said in the same strange tone as the human behind him
 
“Gods, if you are gods then why do you cause such destruction to this land?” Yuuma asked trying not to seem as confused as he was
 
“Your race call us gods, but we are as we are. These two have formed the pact between each other unawares and the power of that bond is out of control.” the being that was within Kogenta spoke
 
“If not contained the force of the bond between them with seep out of control and this world will suffer because of it.” the god that dwelled in the boy's body spoke while looking with closed eyes
 
“What do we do to stop Kogenta from ravaging the land?” Rangetsu asked while praying there was a way to save his kitmate
 
“Until the bond between them is made whole the child of beast will continue to plague this land. Help this two cement their bond and then the power of the angered beast will no longer flow out of control.” the godling manipulating Kogenta said
 
“We will calm the anger of the great tiger. But only these two can halt the destruction of the angered beast.” the god within the young man said before a wave of light surrounded the two figures and then encompassed the land
 
When the bright light of the gods faded away the raging Kogenta settled down and then the form of the beastman shrunk down to settle back into Kogenta. Rangetsu looked and remembered that this was the exact way it happened to his and Kogenta's kitmate long ago. The massive form would settle down and then become like a shadow before returning to the beastman's body. As expected when the angered beast was no more Kogenta was sleeping like a rock and making cute purring noises that seemed to be an odd contrast to the roars of the beast he had just been. The form of the young boy and Kogenta settled down onto the ground but never released each other and before the Rangetsu, Yuuma, and Souma's eyes a black collar appeared around the white furred neck of the sleeping beastman.
 
Astonished at what had just happened no one knew what to say or do but when the shouts of men and horses filled the air the three warriors turned to see another incredible sight. An army of what seemed to be beastmen and humans charged into the destroyed castle. Rangetsu looked to see the face of the leading beastman and was surprised at who it was…
 
“Kibatchiyo.” The dragon beastman was leading the army against the remaining humans and were swiftly defeat those who stood before him. The dragon beastman was laughing all the while and using his lance to tear threw the herd of humans who tried to attack him.
 
Along with the dragon beastman there was a rabbit beastwoman, a bird boy beastman, and a red beetle beastman along with a few more storming the castle. Rangetsu had to laugh to himself at the fact that he would hear about this when he returned home. Turning around to look at his kitmate and the sleeping human the black tiger had a feeling that things would soon change.
 
“It seems that they came at the right time. What should we do Yuuma?” Souma asked his older brother while looking at the snuggled human boy and white furred beastman
 
“Let's just get out of here. This day has been to confusing so far and I need to think first.” the red head warrior said as he placed his hand over his forehead and sighed
 
“What about them?” the orange haired spell mage questioned
 
“You can leave the boy behind and take the cat away.” A voice answered from somewhere unseen
 
Yuuma pulled out his sword and readied himself for battle while looking around. Souma stood near his older sibling and prepared for whatever was to come. Rangetsu looked to the area of the fallen prison before turning to one side and pointing a clawed hand into thin air.
 
“Show yourself!” Yuuma shouted while raising his sword
 
From out of the air emerged the face of the servant Gasshin with a cheeky smile on his face. The two brothers began to lower their guard when Rangetsu growled and unsheathed his ruby broadsword. The black tiger growled out loud and then centered his shoulders while brining his sword to his out to point directly at the man before him. Something about this man wasn't right, this wasn't the same person who seemed humble and ignorant before, this man was a killer. Cold, calculating, and efficient.
 
“Rangetsu, what are you doing it's only Gasshin.” Yuuma said but keeping his eyes on the servant none the less
 
“It seems I was right about a few things to say the least.” Looking directly at Rangetsu, the man called Gasshin, gave him a smile that could have frozen running water before stepping forward with the grace of a hungry lion
 
“Gasshin, what are you doing?' Souma asked while noticing a chill in the air as the man steeped forward
 
“If I could fool you, Souma, the I am much better at this then I thought. My name is not Gasshin by the way. It is Masomi, one of the knight of the Feraldine nation.” Masomi said while stepping in front of Rangetsu's blade and taking a single bow
 
“Feraldine nation. The nation that rules this continent? What are you doing serving in this clan's court?” Yuuma asked while holding his ground. The red head had heard of this nation, who couldn't, it ruled the entire continent and had hands and eyes everywhere.
 
“My king has to have eyes and ears everywhere. The clan of the Black Moon has long since been a menace to the country and now that they have dared to commit such an atrocity as they have, they must be punished.” the brown haired man stated while looking between the beastman holding a sword to his face and the two brothers standing behind Rangetsu
 
“What atrocity had the clan committed so that they would send one of their generals into enemy territory?” Souma asked while casting a spell into his hand hidden behind his back
 
“First, the Black Moon clan dared to raid the villages of this country, taking food and provisions against the will of the people. Next they would assault the peaceful tribe of the beast people. Finally, they would kidnap a figure of the royal house and dare to ransom him off like mere cattle.” Masomi answered while looking to Souma and shaking his head
 
No longer was this man a simple, babbling servant. Now he was a warrior of the fiercest kind. The kind of warrior who understood, planned, and attacked without mercy. The cold ice that seemed to hover over his eyes almost chilled the flames that burned in Yuuma's gaze. Souma had to respect this man and stopped the spell casting in his palm before pulling his hand out in front of him.
 
“Well, as I said before, why don't you run along and leave the young man behind. I'm sure that you have things you need to do as well Rangetsu. So let's move along and get out of each other's way.” Masomi said with a smile on his face that beguiled his frosty undertone
 
Rangetsu stood in his place between his kitmate and the general before him and refused to move. Whoever this human was his status had no meaning now, as the fact remained that his fate was tied to Kogenta's. It had been along time since he Rangetsu had seen one of `those' collars on the neck of a beastman but the meaning behind it was clear. To separate the human boy from his kitmate know would destroy Kogenta and Rangetsu would never allow that.
 
“You wish not to move I see. I had hoped that I wouldn't have to fight today, but if need be…” Masomi backed away from the black tiger and then formed his hands into a circular position, as if he were holding onto a sphere. Rays of blue light phased into existence and then drew themselves towards the general's hands. The sky seemed to darken as the light from within Masomi's hand grew brighter and then form a ball of intense energy floating in the man's grasp.
 
Rangetsu gripped his blade tighter and then a red luminous energy filled the area. Flowing from the beastman in waves the red streams of light danced and swayed before rising into the air and filling the sky. Masomi scowled and the mystic power within his body was unleashed to clash in the air with Rangetsu's. The two warriors looked at each other and then just before they could react a ray of light shot between them. Their individual powers ceased to answer to their call and both man and tiger looked to the source of the beam of light.
 
“Please. No more fighting.” a voice the likes of an angel said and all attention was directed towards the once sleeping young man
 
“Your majesty.” Masomi answered while dropping to his knees and bowing his head
 
“Your majesty, this little kid!?” Yuuma who had been awestruck by the whole spectacle shouted while looking at the young mage sitting naked on the ground with the young beastman curled around him. The young mage looked down to the furry head of Kogenta and then started to stroke over the white tiger beastman. Kogenta, unconsciously let out a purr at the soft treatment and buried himself even further into the boy holding him.
 
“Your majesty, what is going on? Why is that young one…?” Masomi started to ask but at the look the young man gave him stilled his words and froze his heart
 
“We have bonded, general Masomi. We've bonded.” The clothes less teen answered never ceasing his gentle ministrations over Kogenta
 
The general didn't want to believe what he had heard but at the look from his royal highness, the warrior knew what was said had been true. The king was going to have his head for this one. Gazing to his majesty one more time Masomi sighed and then stood onto his feet and looked to Rangetsu. He understood now why the black tiger was adamant about not separating the two from each other and bowed to the beastman.
 
From the distance a lighthearted voice came laughing to stop just between Masomi and Rangetsu. In a flash the dragon beastman, Kibatchiyo appeared and looked between his two closets friends. It was the look on both of their faces that made the dragon loose his cheerful demeanor and stare between them confusedly.
 
“Masomi. Rangetsu. What's wrong with the both of you?” Kibatchiyo asked while hoping his two friends wouldn't fight each other
 
“It would seem that the young prince has bonded himself to the white tiger.” Masomi said closing his eyes and feeling a headache coming on
 
Kibatchiyo gasped and then looked to the young man still stroking Kogenta on the head. The look in his eye was the same as those of the beast tribe who were mated and the dragon could feel a headache of his own coming on. Now was not the time for such things, especially when…
 
“That's right. I came to report that most of the clan have been destroyed but the clan leader and a few of his men are still holding the inner area of what's left of the castle.” Kibatchiyo reported while looking down to the problem that was soon to get worse
 
“Souma.” Yuuma looked to his brother and then both siblings nodded to each other. Souma chanted a spell and son the red head warrior vanished in a array of white light
 
“Well, I don't know about this bonding situation but, it would be my suggestion that we leave here and take the royal prince and his `bonded' somewhere safe.” Souma suggested while looking at everyone
 
All three warriors nodded when a sparkle of magic filled the air and over took the prince and Kogenta.
 
Yuuma teleported into the heart of the ruined castle and looked around in search for the clan leader. What the dragon beastman had said was true, the entire place was almost destroyed but the red head warrior looked to see one of the clan leader's men standing out in front of the door to the old man's room. Walking up to the guard Yuuma withdrew his sword and pointed before the soldier.
 
“What are you doing Yuuma!?” the black armor clad man asked
 
“It's over for the Black Moon clan. Bring out the clan leader or die.” The declaration was said in such a way that left no room for argument. The guard looked at Yuuma as if he had gone mad but nodded and knocked on the door.
 
“It is alright. I am coming out.” the voice of the clan leader could be heard from the other side and moments later the black haired man stepped from his den
 
“So was this your plan from the start Yuuma?” the older warrior asked while drawing his sword
 
“Maybe not like this but that was my general plan; to leave this clan broken and desperate with nothing. This is retribution for all the lives you have stolen and the people you made suffer.” Yuuma answered while steeping away from the space of the aged warrior
 
“All this time. I knew you had wished for my demise but I never thought you would go so far.” looking down to his adopted son the warrior knew this day would come but never he guessed like this
 
“The raging beast was not my idea but it added a nice touch to things. How does it feel to loose everything you hold dear and watch helpless?” Yuuma and the old warrior began to circle each other once they ad the space to maneuver around
 
“Fool boy, have I taught you nothing. This clan is like my possession; something for me to cherish but easily discard.” The black clad warrior stopped moving once he and Yuuma were in perfect position and then he dove for the boy with his sword held high
 
“That's why this day, you die.” Yuuma charged for the advancing warrior and then met him head on with his sword
 
The two men struggled while facing each other. Both men used force in their attempt to dominate the other but it was Yuuma who seemed to be gaining the upper hand. Pushing the older warrior away, the red head swung his sword to his opponent's body and watched as his sword struck and cleaved through the metal. The man reached for his injured body and watched as his blood seeped from the wound and flow over his hand.
 
“Very good Yuuma. I have truly underestimated you, but do not be fooled. This battle is just beginning.” The man steadied himself onto his feet and drew his sword again
 
In a clash of steel and iron the two swords met again, a shower of sparks danced between them before settling onto the debris-covered floor. Yuuma and the other warrior due for what seemed to be minutes on end with each landed shallow strikes upon the other and draining his opponent's energy. It was amazing to watch the older man fighting with blood coating the side of his armor and running down to the floor and Yuuma with sweat rising on his forehead and then dripping onto his face as they both danced this furious ballet.
 
As if some song were being played by the heavens and the two men were coordinated actors in a stage performance they met each other and then drew away. Both warriors were breathing heavily and their life force seemed to be drained away from the arduous fight they each held strong and then raised their swords for one final attack.
 
“Yuuma!” roared while dashing to his adopted father
 
“Kaisen!” the man yelled and charged for his adopted son
 
The men met each other with a clash of metal and time seemed to freeze as both men rushed passed each other.
 
“Yuuma, tell me something. Why did you call me father?”
 
“Though you took everything from me, you sheltered both myself and Souma. We would have had nowhere to go and our lives may have been very different. We may not have survived and for that I honored you with the title of `Father'. But have no delusions, I hate you with everything that I am. Even if you had not taken us in I would have found a way to take the life of the man who defeated my true father. That I promise you.” Yuuma answered before falling to his knees with his sword carrying the burden of his weight
 
“I thank you for that. I have had no children in my life, save you and Souma. I believe that it is the happiest day in any man's life to have two sons such as you boys and watch them grow into fine young men. Yuuma live well, my son.” The older man named Kaisen said as he fell to the ground
 
Yuuma rose from his place on the floor and then walked over to Kaisen.
 
“Farewell…father.” Yuuma whispered before leaving the body of the man who had raised him
 
A small smile grace the face of Kaisen as he took his last breath and his soul flew from his body.
 
Outside, Souma, Rangetsu, Masomi, Kibatchiyo along with the prince and Kogenta stood waiting for the red head. Yuuma looked into the faces of the people around him and gave a smile to them. Souma rushed up to his brother and took him into his arms and cried, letting out all the worry, fear and sadness in his heart.
 
The two brothers held each other and then Yuuma fell into Souma's embrace. Backing away the others saw that Souma was covered in blood and Masomi wasted no time before screaming for a doctor. A rabbit beastwoman and a small girl wearing a priestess robe rushed to the scene and then they laid Yuuma onto the ground before inspecting his wounds. The most severe was a large tear in the human's flesh that was cut diagonally from his shoulder to hip and was gushing out blood with every second.
 
Both women placed their hands on over the wound and then began chanting in their respective languages. A prismatic light filled the area and soon the wound Yuuma bore closed and then healed. Once they were finished both women looked to their individual leaders and ordered someone to take Yuuma to camp they had made. Rangetsu kneeled before the prone human without a thought and hauled the boy into his arms then walked away without a word.
 
“Seems that more than one pair have bonded today, eh Masomi?” the dragon beastman told his friend while watching the leader of the beast people take the red head warrior to safety
 
“Yes. I think that it is for the best, don't you Kibatchiyo.” The human general stated while looking at the dragon beastman.
 
Kibatchiyo felt the heated gaze of his friend on his body but refused to turn towards Masomi. They would deal with their own particular relationship after their respective leaders were returned home and all was peaceful again.
 
“We should leave then, but what about the men who are left behind?” the dressed young prince questioned while looking to the crumbling castle. The beastman Kogenta was by his side and had his tail wrapped around the youth's waist in a hold that was stronger than any metal known to man
 
“More than likely the men will scatter to the four winds and lead their own lives. Some may become mercenaries or bandits but we shall deal with that when the time comes. As for now, let's just go home.” Masomi said before walking away to where Rangetsu had trailed off
 
The others fell into step behind the human general into the plains of the nearby fields and the camp that had been made.
 
Owari