Original Poetry Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Rose, May You Grow Ever Strong ❯ My Little Rose, May You Grow Ever Strong ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

My Little Rose, May You Grow Ever Strong
Decay and famine have touched all of those around you and you yourself, and yet you stay strong. Though small and looked down upon you are bright and seemingly untouchable, though I know you are delicate. Blossoms larger and fuller with far more petals have come and stolen your attention and love. They received praise and adoration while you received none.
Long admiring gazes were shown to your brethren while you were spared less than a glance. You did not plot for revenge or grow bitter. Nor did you wither and die. You worked to survive, to move through the loneliness. While the beauty of those who smothered you fades, they darken from weakness, and droop with fatigue, you stand tall and proud, your color grows more vibrant, and your beauty grows incomprehensibly.
You still remain small.
You're still soft.
But you have out lasted the rest and remain strong. Some may believe at a mere glance that you are naïve and far too innocent, but you know the world's cruelty and had to bare shame. And for all of this I am proud of you and the love that shines throughout everything you do. And though I may never get to kiss you or hold you, speak to you or touch you, know this, I love you. With all that I am my little rose.
Never forget that and never give up.