Original Stories Fan Fiction / Original Poetry Fan Fiction ❯ My One Shots ❯ Poor little Madeline ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Poor little Madeline, some may say.
She lives in a house, not a home.
Her mother and father have been arguing.
So father has left home and mother is all alone

parents are such children! What a shame.
Even Madeline despite her age is much more of an adult.
Children that she watches are not her own, but Madeline takes care of them the best she can.
Her love stays strong, and she stays silent; till one day she breaks.

It's been three days since dad hasn't been to the house.
Well neither has mommy these days as well
but no worries for Madeline's heart desperately clings to hope.
Yet there are cracks in her mask as she lay in bed and says 'smile it's all okay, I'm fine.' 

From her restless sleep she awakens, to the sound of footsteps.
'Yay they made up' she says, but as she tosses and turns she wonders.
With ears to the wall she hears her mother's voice, but why is the other silent.
'Maybe dad doesn't want us to know he's here.' as part of her mask falls.

So she tries to prove her prediction and find the truth she hopes for.
She looks out the window for his car, but only sees mummy's car, so she calls his cell phone
"the person you are trying to reach is not available, please try again later" the phone says.
Though she's confused already, she knows deep inside, but the search for the truth continues without regret.

Another chip falls off as she dials the number to her grandmother's place.
"hello"
"is my dad still there"
"hold on"

Madeline runs her finger through her hair for the longest seconds which has made her body weak.
'Maybe grandma didn't know he left and is in the house right now' she hopes
her heart continues to pound... as more pieces of the mask comes off.
And yet one piece remains, barely keeping in place.

And with just that word 
"Hello"
from her father it was as if it pierced her heart.
Causing the last piece of the mask to fall.

Poor little Madeline, some may say.
No one got to see the art she made.
No one got to understand the story unheard
as her friends and family visit bringing flowers to her house, which still is not her home
 
 
----------------------------------------
for this line `Children that she watches are not her own, but Madeline takes care of them the best she can.' It means her siblings.
 
Thanks to Bn8299 for correcting my mistakes.
 
Sorry iloveanimecartoons if I disappointed you or anything. But home hasn't been all that great so I stopped writing for a while. But I've been feeling a little better and my brain is finally working. So I'm working on the second chapter of story of a girl.