Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Uncomfortable Team Bonding (Pt 1.) ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

How did this even happen? Emmit and Shasha can't get rid of her. Shasha turned her head.

"Why do you keep following us?" she asked. Sayako lifted her head.

"Hm?" she asked. Shasha sighed and rubbed her head. Emmit rubbed her on the back

"Don't!" the girl wailed. "Just... don't."

"Sorry," the boy said as he drew back his hand. Shasha threw back her head and groaned.

"Is something wrong?" the fallen heir asked. Emmit turned his head.

"Nothing," he lied. Shasha glared at him out of the corner of her eye. Sayako didn't say a word. How the hell did this happen? Shasha and her friend remembered what happened.

-Two Days Ago-

They wandered into a small village near the woods. Shasha threw her hands up in the air.

"We're saved!" she shouted. She threw back her head and laughed. Emmit, on the other hand, grimaced.

"You sure about that?" he asked. Shasha turned her head.

"Oh, come on!" she said. "We came all this way and we didn't have anything to eat! And I need a bath." Shasha ran forward to the village.

"Shasha!" Emmit yelled. He ran after her as he sighed. Why did he even bother anymore? She never listened. (Maybe if she had they wouldn't be in this situation.) Still, she did have a point. They hadn't had a good meal in days. Maybe... Just maybe...

There weren't many people around in the village. It looked like some of them were hiding. Shasha felt her soul die a little inside as they kept walking.

"Is there anyone here?" she asked. Emmit stayed behind her. Shasha looked out of the corner of her eye.

"Maybe we should go back?" she asked. He didn't say anything. Instead, he pointed in front of her.

"Huh?" she asked. The girl turned her head to see what looked like a cafe building made of bamboo in the distance. Shasha's jaw dropped as her eyes widened. This tiny place might as well have been a castle in her eyes. This cafe in the distance was going to have to do. Shasha took off running toward it. Emmit ran after her without saying a word.

---------

Sayako just wanted to die. How did it come to this? She wanted her old life back. She wanted to get out of the miserable village. She just... Sayako dropped back her head and groaned.

"I hate my life!" she wailed.

"Hey, Sayako! Stop lollygagging and get back to work! We have customers!" the owner yelled from the front. The fallen heiress frowned. Really? They had customers here in this dying place? Even the regulars stopped coming here after a while. This had to be a joke. Please kill me!

"Sayako!" the owner shouted again.

"Coming," the fallen heiress said. She straightened herself up and walked out to the front with her tray.

Meanwhile, Shasha and Emmit took their seats at the first available table they could find.

Chapter Seventy-Seven: Uncomfortable Team Bonding (Pt 1.):