Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ True Heir ( Chapter 83 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She's hearing the voice again. How long had it been before it started talking to her again? The voice sure picked a weird to do that. When it started to talk, Kasumi felt her body freezing. Her whole being went stiff. The whole world disappeared around her. Silence surrounded her. Everything just ceased to exist in that moment. It felt like she was floating off of the ground.

Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!

Her eyes shifted to her right. She was along but she could feel someone was there. The woman could tell that someone was staring at her.

Who are you?

You don't remember?

She shook her head. An invisible hand rested on her shoulder. Her eyes glazed over. Images flashed in her eyes. There was that sword again. The one that Karasu kept at his side. The one that was supposed to be her family's. Kasumi reached forward to the hilt. Why does that sword always look so far away? She never could reach it. First there was her uncle, the Karasu, and now whatever this apparition was. Something always tried to keep that damned sword away from her. But...

It doesn't have to be this way.

There were those words again. Why did this spirit or whatever it was want her to have the sword? She had been told it was cursed. Kasumi closed her eyes.

Why do you want me to have the sword?

It is your legacy.

But I can't have it. My uncle won't let me have it.

Your uncle was a fool. He never listened to the whole story.

Kasumi froze. What do you mean the whole story? Whispers filled her ears. Her body tensed up before her head lulled to the side. Invisible hands held up her hand.

Stay with me. You have to know everything. This is your family's legacy. You have to take it back. You have to take back what is yours.

But Karasu has it now.

It was not meant for him. The sword has corrupted him. It tempted him and took over his soul. He wasn't meant to have it. He wasn't meant to have it. They were telling the truth. Kasumi knew that all along. She didn't know what it was. Maybe her brain tried to repress that information due to her love for the man who used to be her lover. Remembering all of that gave her her answer. She managed to press her lips together in the dark void.

"Tell me what I need to do," she said. It almost shocked her that she was able to talk for once in this empty space. The invisible hand withdrew from her shoulder. Kasumi felt her body drop back into reality with all of the bodies on the road. The rest of her group didn't notice. How could they given where they were? That didn't matter now that Kasumi remembered the truth.

She knew what she needed to do.

Chapter Eighty-Four: True Heir: