Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Exit to the Land ( Chapter 87 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was time to get off the road. Kasumi started to remember the way.

"Stay behind me," she said. The rest of her group didn't say a word. Kasumi took a breath.

"Keep moving and don't look down at the bodies," she said. "Look up at the sky if you have to. Do you understand?"

"Yes," everyone whispered. The warrior woman took a breath.

"Okay," she said. They began their walk again. The smell got heavier. Ryuji breathed through his shirt. Kasumi didn't know where this voice inside of her came from. Something inside of her told her to listen. This was the end way to end things. The woman had her own questions. What was going to happen after they found the Cove? What was she going to do after she got the cursed sword back? What about the others? What were they going to do at the end of this? Were they going to be okay?

Kasumi froze when someone grabbed her hand. She looked out of the corner of her eye to see Ryuji staring at her. The woman quieted down her mind. Right. They had to get off this endless road. Kasumi lifted her chin.

"We're just about out of here," she said. "Stay by me, okay?"

"Yes," everyone said.

"Okay," their leader said. "Just keep up with me."

"Right!" Haruko shouted. Kasumi took off down the road.

"Kasumi!" Ryuji yelled. He took off running after her. The girls and the dog took off running after them.

--------

Shasha's group were finding their own way out. Akimi led the way. She knew where she was going. The others didn't question her.

"Where is she going?" Emmit asked. Akimi's brother and sister shook their heads. Sayako frowned as she covered her nose.

"It stinks here," she complained. Everyone was ignoring her by now. They had more important things to think about. Like how they were going to get off this road. Akimi seemed to know the way. She didn't even look behind her. Why did the others keep following her? Her brother and sister are scared of her. What about the others? What were Shasha, Emmit, and Sayako's excuses? They could just leave. Leave and go their own way. So why do they stay?

Akimi smirked to herself as she kept walking. She isn't fazed by the corpses on the road or the smell.

---------

Karasu already left the road. He's just waiting for everyone at the final destination at the end of the road. He sat upon his dark throne and waited. Everything was just about in the right place. He just needed to do the final step. He held up two fingers and started chanting.

Chapter Eighty-Nine: Exit to the Land: