Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ March of Death ( Chapter 90 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"How many of them are there?" Ryuji asked.

"Don't ask questions," Kasumi said. She fought to keep her eyes forward. She blocked out the scent by now. The woman clinched her fists by her side.

"Are you alright?" Ryuji whispered next to her. His woman didn't look up. She pushed herself to keep marching forward.

"What exactly are you looking for?" Haruko asked. Kasumi knew the answer, but she couldn't come out and say it. She wasn't really sure herself. Find the knot. Find the knot. Find the knot. Ryuji held onto her arm. Kasumi looked out of the corner of her eye. He doesn't need to say a word. The woman took a breath through the smell of decay and kept walking.

Drip.

Kasumi looked up at the sky. "Oh..."

"What?" Hisako asked. Everyone looked up. It suddenly started to rain. Not just any ordinary rain. The rain was inky black.

"Run!" Ryuji shouted. The group took off running as fast as they could. The smell and the rain made them run faster. Kasumi tried to focus on the knot as they ran.

---------

Sayako felt a drop on her cheek.

"Uh-oh," she said. The black rain came pouring down. The former heiress screamed as it started to soak through their clothing.

"My dress!" Sayako shouted.

"Run!" Anna screamed. Akimi started to run without saying a word. The others started running after her. The smell of the bodies on the road grew worse. Anna grabbed onto her brother. Shasha and Emmit held onto each other as they ran faster. Sayako did her best to shield her long black hair. The whole time, Akimi kept walking over the bloated corpses. She had no emotion on her face. This girl was going somewhere. She didn't even look down.

"Akimi-chan!" Anna shouted. She ran ahead of her brother and tried to reach out for her sister. Akimi didn't turn around. She was moving like she was going somewhere. Maybe... Something was calling out to her? That can't be right. However, that thought took a backseat.

"Why won't it stop?!" Sayako shouted over the rain. Nobody even bothered to answer. They had more important things to worry about. They didn't know how much worse things were going to get.

---------

Kasumi knew on the other hand. By now, the rain got heavier. The inky substance started to stain their clothes. Hisako had Coni under her shirt but that did little to change what was coming next. Kameko let out a loud scream.

"It's burning me! It's burning me!" she yelled. Her voice got lost in the wailing filled the air. Haruko covered her eyes as she kept running. The drops kept hitting their skin and burning them like acid.

"Kasumi-san! Do something!" Hisako shouted. Kasumi could barely hear anything around over the rain and the wailing. She only had one thought in mind. Find the knot. Find the knot. Find the knot. Find the--

The woman stopped in her tracks and looked up.

"There!" Kasumi shouted. She pointed up to a white hole in the clouds.

---------

Kasaru's body convulsed as he chanted louder. Blood started running down his chin. But that still would not stop him. The next part of his spell was coming next.

Chapter Ninety-Two: March of Death: