Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Thirteen, Chapter Fifty: Big Rotten Apple ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

Where are we going now? New York! This one had me confused.

“Uh… Why?” I asked.

“Why? Why? Why?” She got close to my face. Her grin made me shiver.

“Does there have to be a reason?” Valentina asked. I stared at her. She's so happy. I should be worried. It doesn't help that my wife was the one in control. I just follow her lead. That's all I do.

Back on another plane. I looked out the window. When can we ever stay home? Valentina had her hand on my lap. I turned my head. There was nothing in her expression. What was that in her eyes?

“What?” Valentina asked. I slowly shook my head. She let go of my leg. Okay, Valentina was plotting something. I don't think I want to know what it is.

--------

New York actually was kind of nice. That was my first time in America. We landed at JFK Airport around ten in the morning.

“Gah! It's too bright!” I complained. I had to shield my eyes. Valentina nudged me in the side.

“Suck it up,” she muttered. I frowned.

“What are we doing?” I asked. My wife rolled her eyes.

“Again with the questions!” she said.

“Well, yeah,” I said. “We're here.” Valentina turned and peered over her sunglasses. Uh on. She's smiling again. My mouth started to form a question. She put her finger to my lips.

“Just go with it,” Valentina said. She almost whispered this. My eyes widened. What the hell? What is this? What is she up to? Valentina grinned as I was thinking all of this.

---------

What all did we do in New York? Shopping. Eating. Shopping. More shopping. A movie. Shopping and more shopping. Museum trips. Shopping. And looking for someone. Wait…

Let me back up a bit.

There were three bodyguards with us. However, that was not going to matter. I had a guess of how she was going to ditch them. But first…

Valentina stretched her neck from side to side.

“I want a nap,” she said.

“A… nap?” I asked.

“That's what I said. Is that a problem?” she asked.

“Nope,” Valentina said. I breathed out in relief.

“An old friend of Daddy's does,” she added. Yep. There it was. Why was I not surprised?

------------

The room looked fancy. I should be used to it by now. God knows how much gold I have seen as decoration. If I got one yen for every room that looked like someone threw up gold dust in it, I would be rich on my own.

Valentina got the keycards from the front desk.

“Thank you,” she said. My wife touched my arm.

“Let's go,” she whispered. I followed behind. Yes ma'am. You are the boss. You are always the boss.

-------------

I wouldn't see the real motive until days later. For now, I tried to figure it out. Valentina unlocked the door. Right away, the gold in the room was blinding. I backed up as I shielded my eyes.

“Gah,” I said. Valentina walked in without flinching. The bodyguards walked past me. They got to spraying down disinfectant. Valentina lay on the bed and went to sleep. I shrugged and walked into the room. I was a bit tired myself. Maybe boss lady had the right idea.

I lay down on my bed and went to sleep.

“Hey!” I heard moments later. I woke up to someone shaking me on the arm.

“Huh? What?” I rolled over to see Valentina leaning over me.

“Get up! We've got work to do,” she said. I lay there, still waking up.

“Huh?” I asked.

Big Rotten Apple