Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Killer ❯ Chapter Twenty One ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Ian finally let his hand drop. "If that's what you want, Constance," he said. Wiping his hand off on his pants he turned to leave. "But don't say that I didn't try...."

Constance said nothing. She waited for the door close and finished up. Stepping out of the shower, she looked at the red dress. Who was she dressing up for anyways? He didn't care about her like she wanted him to, and she shot him so it ruined what small chance they had. It was all a lie in the end. A big lie that she told herself to help her feel somewhat normal. But she wasn't. She was a killer, a monster as so many had said. Incapable of being loved. That meant that if she wanted him safe, she would have to keep him from her, not that it would be hard. He wasn't the one asking for her to hold his hand or sleep next to him. It was just all a stupid, childish lie.

Ian had opted out for a shower today. Thus he was already in the process of getting dressed. He was trying, that was all he could honestly offer her. So what if he wanted to take things slow, couldn't she understand that? Even when he tried, she just pushed him away. Maybe she'd already lost interest in him. If so...shouldn't he be happy about that?

Constance pulled her hair back, allow a few strands of curls to fall in her face. She slipped on the red dress that was tight around her breasts but flowed to her thighs loosely. The thin straps had little bows on them and she wore red strap heels to top it off. Putting on some lip stick, she walked out of the bathroom. It was just dinner and just a movie...only for fun, nothing more. She needed to make sure that's all she saw it as.

Ian was just starting to put on his shirt when Constance walked out. His jaw dropped slightly as he took in her figure. The dress helped to extenuate her natural curves, and red really was her color. "Wow," he murmured softly. "You look amazing...." He quickly cleared his throat and began to fumble with the buttons on his shirt. "I mean...that dress really suites you."

Constance smiled lightly. "Daniel bought it for me on my birthday this year. I haven't really gotten a chance to wear it until today," she said then sat on her bed, waiting patiently for him to finish.

"Well, it's definitely very becoming." He finished buttoning up his shirt. He opted not to bother to tuck it into his black slacks, and instead just tossed his dress coat on. Looking to Constance, he offered her his hand. "Shall we?"

Constance stood. "Yes," she said lowly and turned from his hand. It was the first time he wanted to hold her hand, but she turned him down. What was wrong with her?!?

He let his hand drop to his side. As he stared at her, his lips formed a frown. "Tell me, Constance if my being shot doesn't bother me...why does it bother you?"

Constance froze. She didn't turn to face him. "I aimed to kill you Ian, and still you are still here. I may not be the brightest person, but I know enough to understand that you don't care about me like I wish you would." She forced herself to turn hard so she wouldn't cry. "I know you want out, Daniel told me. But I fought for you against Boss Man just to keep you here. You aren't obligated to me anymore, just do your job, get paid, then get out. I'll do the same."

"You didn't aim to kill me," Ian told her. Didn't Daniel tell her? "The reason I'm alive is because when you were shooting at me, you thought I was your father. Apparently I'm a lot smaller then he was, because the pullet was too high on my chest to be a kill shot." He was quiet about the other things, however. So much for doctor patient confidentiality. "As for my choice, I chose to stay. No one made me." He couldn't believe he was honestly saying that. It had been his choice to stay...and he had.

She turned to him. "Why? Why did you stay? There is nothing here for you. You had a way out and now it's an echo in my head....repeating that you are here and I can't have you. It's not fair. And yet, it's completely fair. You deserve to do the things you want. Daniel told me they brought you here for me, but am I so bad that I can't be loved? That they have to find some random stranger on the street to make me feel normal?" She looked at her hands. "All I'm good for is killing. I do it so well that I enjoy it and I take pride in it. But I would give it all up....I would die...I would get shot a million times if it meant that you could love me like I love you."

Ian froze. She loved him? She had to be joking. She didn't even know him. "You...love me?" he said slowly, wanting to make sure that he had heard that correctly.

Constance covered her mouth as she stared at him. How could she have slipped?! How could she have messed that one up? Turning to the door, she opened it and ran out. Daniel would know what to do. He could erase his memory. He could tell him it was the medication talking. Anything!

"Constance!" Ian yelled. Crap...why was it always running with her? Luckily she was slightly hampered by the heels...slightly. He began to chase after her. What had gotten into her? He managed to catch her before she got too far. Grabbing her arm, he turned her around to face him. "Why did you run? What's going on Constance?" He wanted to ask her it again. He wanted to ask her if he'd heard her correctly, but she still acted as if she was going to make a bolt for it.

Constance pulled herself from him. "It was a mistake. Daniel will fix it and you won't have to remember. You can go back to not knowing," she assured him. She turned and started waving for a taxi.

Ian grabbed her once again. "Tell me, Constance. Tell me the truth! Do you love me?"

Constance kept waving, but a taxi wouldn't stop. "I don't love, Ian. I'm the Muse. I'm incapable of loving. I'm just a tool...a doll with guns." She had heard the boss say that to Daniel when she was much younger and started hanging around Daniel more than ever. Daniel tried to tell his brother that she loved him and the boss said those words to prove that it was impossible. Now, she felt like they were for the perfect time.

Ian turned her around so that she was forced to face him. "So tell me this, Muse. If I said that I could love you. If I said that there was even the tiniest chance that I could love you the way that you love me. What would you say?"

Constance pulled her body from him again and narrowed her eyes. "I'd say you were doing your job," she said.

Ian's eyes narrowed. "Fair enough, but we both know that I stink at my job," he told her. "Constance, I do care about you. More so then I probably should. I don't know if I love you.... As I've told you, I'm not good with all this emotional crap...but I do want to find out how far this can go. I do want to see if I can love you. Though I may not admit it, I love your childish nature. How you always cling to me, and want to rape me. That's what makes you, you! I don't think I'd care about you if you were anything else."

Constance tilted her head at him. She scanned his eyes for lies but with her heat beating so fast, it was hard to think straight. "Don't toy with me, Ian...I've had too many people do that."

"Do you really think I'd do that? I like my heart right where it is," Ian said, bringing his hand up to where she had shot him. "I wouldn't do that to you, Constance."

She softened her look and let her eyes bat a bit before biting her lip. "I'm not just a job to you?"

Ian took a deep breath. Good thing Brian wasn't around or he'd never live this moment down. "If you were just a job, I would've left long ago."

Constance's heart stopped, she was sure of it. Slowly, she stepped forward and leaned her body onto his chest with care and gentleness. Her hand fisted his shirt as she listened to his heart beat. "I do love you, Ian. More than I'm allowed to...more than I'm suppose to. But I am willing to disobey all orders just to keep you. So don't break my heart, ok?" she whispered while her head rest to the side on his chest and she stared at the ground.

Ian smiled. Wrapping his arms around her, he leaned his head on top of her's. He didn't know what he was doing. This wasn't something they taught you in killing 101. This was uncharted territory to him and that scared him to death. Nearly as much as the prospect of getting shot again did. "I'll try not to." That was all he could say. He wasn't one to make promises that he might not be able to keep.

Constance smiled to herself. Pulling back she grabbed his hand. "Come on! Let's go eat!" she said and pulled him down the street.

At least she seemed to be back to normal. In the chaos of what had just occurred, he'd lost his appetite. Still, a night out on the town still sounded really good. So he decided to follow her. Within twenty minutes they were sitting at an Italian restaurant. Ian continued to mess with his shirt and jacket until the waiter brought them their food. "Next time we're going to a burger joint," he muttered. All the rich people and money makers went to restaurants like these. He'd forgotten just how much he hated their type. Always looking down on the little guy, while using the same little guy to do their dirty work.

Constance smiled at him from across the table. "It's not so bad," she said noting the long table cloths. Her foot rubbed his leg lightly then went to his thigh. "No one can really tell what another person is doing," she said sweetly. "Kinda thrilling."

Ian's face blushed. "That's true," he admitted softly, his eyes meeting her's. Just what was she planning on doing? This was a five star restaurant surely she didn't intend for them.... No, of course not. Ian just cleared his throat as he began cutting up his lasagna. "Very true..."

Constance began eating her food and looking normal while her shoe slipped off and her foot began playing with his crotch. She smiled at the waiter sweetly as he poured her more soda then had a small conversation like she was doing nothing. All the while, her foot teased him.

Ian nearly choked on his food several times as she continued what she was doing. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't exactly tell her to stop or people my stare at them. So instead he was just forced to squirm in silence. He waited for the waiter to leave them once more. He was biting his lips as he stared at her. "This so isn't the place," he whispered beneath his breath, his face a lovely shade of red.

She leaned her head on her hand while her elbow rested on the table. "That's what makes it so exciting," she smiled. She glanced at the bathrooms. "Would you prefer to sneak off to the bathroom and give something for the customers to talk about?"

"No!" His face turned a deeper shade of crimson when some of the other guests stared at them. "No...I wouldn't," he said in a much softer tone.

She pushed her half eaten dish away and again smiled. "You're right, we will have a better chance at the movies."

Ian stared at her, honestly amazed at the way she acted. "You're just sixteen! Y-you shouldn't be thinking about stuff like this!" What was it with kids these days? It must be school...he didn't go to school and he turned out perfectly fine. Definitely not a little nympho that's for sure.

Constance laughed and pulled her foot away then slipped her shoe back on. "It's only fun and games, silly. I'm only teasing. But," she leaned in and kissed his nose, "you look adorable while you squirm." She sat back again.

Ian grumbled slightly the area that she'd been teasing was thoroughly upset by this point, which in turn made him uncomfortable. "I do not look adorable," he muttered. Waving his hand, the waiter came by with their check. "Now I'm almost afraid to be a dark theater with you." There was a small smirk on his lips, even as he stood and pulled his jacket down lower to cover certain parts of him.

Constance said nothing, but kept her smile even as they bought their tickets for the theater and took their seats. She sat in her seat with her hands in her lap and face glued to the screen as the previews rolled. She didn't go to movies a lot; in fact she could count the number of times on one hand.

Ian relaxed in his seat. Sadly, his favorite part of most movies were the previews. He had a short attention span when it came to things like these, so the previews were good enough for him. "You're lucky they didn't ask for I.D.s or you couldn't have gotten in here," he said as the screen opened up with two naked girls getting stabbed by the slashed. As he said, mild grade porno, but what else could you expect from Return of the Psycho Stabber with a Hook?

Constance was glued to her seat. She had a hard time with movies like these. She always analyzed them too much, pointing out the killers flaws in his kills and exactly what he could have done to prevent being caught. If she wasn't with Epsilon, she figured she would make a great serial killer.

When he realized that she wasn't much of a talker during movies, Ian just relaxed for the long haul. About half way through the movie he had seen enough naked females to last him a lifetime. The only naked male he got to see was for a brief second, and even then it was only his back side. Boring. Looking over at Constance, he smiled. She was taking in everything as if her life depended on it. He was curious whether or not horror movies were here thing. He knew some assassins found it boring to watch movies about killing when they did it for a living. He had always considered horror movies to be a comedic relief to him.

Constance sighed. Stupid idiot. He could have avoided dying if he just moved on to the next town, but no, he had to stay and hunt down this one group of girls. Why is it that the girls always scream and ran? Why not fight back!? Jeeze, one of them had a gun and couldn't even use it. What a bore. At least it had good sex in it. And even greater pictures of naked girls. Her lips went thin, she was so bored now.

"I'm going to go grab a drink from the concession stand," Ian whispered. The killer was the girl's ex-boyfriend. She was going to live, he was going to die. The plot was so readable it was insulting. "You want anything?"

Constance stood. "Can I go with you?" she asked quickly.

"Uh...sure...why not?" He excused himself as the two of them scooted out of the theater and into the main lobby. Ian stretched his legs before walking over to the concession counter. "I'll have a soda...you want anything?"

"Nope," she said as she stood next to him. She just wanted out of the theater. The movie was getting old.

Ian could tell she was getting restless, and he really couldn't blame her.. After paying for his soda he leaned against the counter and nodded to the exit. "You wanna head on home, go to the mall, or sneak into another movie?" Personally he didn't care what they did as long as it didn't involve cliché psycho killers.

Constance took his soda and sipped on it. "Doesn't matter to me," she said and handed him the soda back.

Well that wasn't helpful at all. Wrapping an arm around her waist he lead her outside the theater. Tossing his empty soda in the trash can behind him, he gave her a small smirk. "Well, let's see...what do normal people do on their night off from work?" He thought about this for a moment, before compiling a decent list. "Let's see here are our options, either get drunk and have sex with a stranger, cheat on our spouse with a prostitute, get weird tattoos and body piercings on private parts, or go home and watch mind numbing television. I picked the movie and restaurant, so you get to pick what's next."

"I don't know, so many great options...I like the one about having sex with strangers..." she teased.

Ian frowned. "And here I was leaning toward the body piercings," he smirked. "But if you wanna have sex with strangers by all means. The guy at the concession stand was pretty cute. I think he'd do me."

Constance laughed. "Let's go home, it's getting late," she said and started for the apartment.

Oh well...home it is. Ian shrugged, the night was still young, but she was a growing girl that needed her sleep. It was on their walk home that Ian came to the realization that he needed a hobby. Something to do in between killing, healing, and babysitting. Perhaps he could take up knitting.... No, he'd probably end up having to kill someone with the needles. Jigsaw puzzles? Nah, too boring. He'd probably just pick up video games. That seemed to be addictive enough.

Once they got home, Ian tossed off his coat and shirt. After kicking off his socks and shoes he began rummaging through their fridge. "I'm not tired, so if you wanna sleep I'll be quiet," he told her as he pulled out a bottle of water and began to chug it.

"I've got something to do before bed," she said and went to her computer.

She plugged up her phone and downloaded some of the pictures she had taken of random people while they were out. Clicking on a few things, she waited until the pictures were done printing then went to her bed and sat on the floor. Reaching under her bed, she pulled out a decorated box. Opening the box up, she set aside a scrapbook and pulled out some scissors. Being ever so careful, she cut out the people from the pictures then opened her book. The pages were full of random people, mostly of children with their parents and people holding hands. She went to an empty page and began pasting the new pictures on it.