Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Killer ❯ Chapter Thirty Seven ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"I take it that was good," he said, touching his shoulder which was now bleeding.

Constance stepped back from him, letting the cum run down her legs so the water could wash it off.
"I'm sorry..." she said. Moving closer to him, she liked the blood, not wanting something of his to be wasted.

Jack shuddered as she licked the wound.
"It's not bad. I've had worse."

She pulled back again. "You smell like alcohol," she said wrinkling her nose.

Jack nodded.
"I had a beer while I was in town. That's when I found out that I'd been here before."

She groaned. "I don't like alcohol on you, Ian...you shouldn't drink."

"I've been drinking since I was fourteen," he told her. "It's not that big of a deal. It's not like I do it often."

Constance shrugged. "Then it won't be a big deal to stop."

Jack froze. Crap. Really? "But, I enjoy it from time to time...."

"So?" She smiled. "Whenever you want to drink, just come to me and I'll take your mind off it."

She was really adamant about this whole not drinking thing. He might as well play along with it for now. "Well, we can give it a try," he said as he kissed her.

Constance twirled around the yard singing while playing with the bubbles Brian had got her earlier. It was the second day since they had been in Iceland and Brian had gone to town to get Jack hair dye and contacts but also picked up some things for Constance. Daniel had told him that he didn't plan for Jack to have such a well known face and the only option for him was to sit it out or leave, because moving Constance was out of the question.

Constance turned to Brian. "Look at them all!" she laughed as the bubbled floated around her.

"Yeah, there are so many," he said looking up from his book.

Jack ran his hands through his now blond hair. It was a stark contrast to his darker hair, hopefully it would be enough. Popping in the green contacts, he blinked a few times before they properly adjusted. Sighing, he shook his head one last time before getting dressed and heading outside. A small smile came to his lips as he watched Constance play with the bubbles. "She looks happy," he said as he sat down beside Brian.

"She is," he said smiling. "She finally gets to be a kid, even though she's really not. She finally gets to know what it's like to be free."

Constance ran up to them and ran her hand through Jack's hair. "Wow...you are always changing on me," she said. "Our eyes match!" she pointed out.

Brian looked at Jack. "Watch this," he said and pulled out a ball. He threw it and Constance went running after it. She picked it up and threw it back at him. "She loves playing catch. I'm thinking of getting her a bicycle."

Jack couldn't help but to laugh as she ran after the ball. He didn't know if she was acting more like a child or a dog at that point. "Yeah, a bicycle would be good," he said softly. He hoped that she knew just how lucky she was to be getting a second chance at childhood. Not many people get that chance in life.

"Well then, while you two play catch I'm going to use those tools you bought me today to try and fix up that rust bucket I bought. It a death trap right now, but the guy wanted cash for it so it won't leave a paper trail for us."

Brian nodded to her and stood, throwing the ball to Constance again. She laughed as she caught it. It wasn't long, however, before she grew bored with it and began playing with the bubbles again. Brian went back to reading his book, but stop to write down a list of things he wanted to get for Constance later on. A puppy was on the list, but he wasn't sure if it was the right idea. He would have to consult Daniel about it. He knew her best.

Jack cursed as he hit his knuckles for the hundredth time while trying to replace something on the truck. He was an assassin, what did he knew about repairing vehicles? He just assumed that because he was male he should know this stuff...apparently he was wrong. At the very least after enough poking and prodding he was able to tighten a few things here, and loosen a few things there. He didn't know if anything he did was actually worth it, but at least the truck hadn't exploded yet.

Taking a deep breath of the fresh air, a wicked grin spread across porcelain like lips. "So, the Phantom has finally returned." The velvet voice laughed as she took out a long dagger. "It seems that it's finally time to repay him for his work."

Constance walked over to Jack and smiled. "You need a new carburetor," she said and then put her hands in the engine. "And a new battery wouldn't hurt. I bet the radiator needs to be flushed too."

Brian looked up from his book. "Leave him alone, Constance. Let him enjoy ruining the thing."

"Oh come on! Really?" Jack poked his head out from beneath the truck and groaned. "You know, if you guys knew what was wrong you could have just told me instead of letting me kill myself." How was it that Constance didn't know about simple things like leeches and bubbles, but she could tell him how to fix the truck. That was just ridiculous.

Brian smiled. "More fun for me?"

Constance laughed. "I had to learn about car once when I worked undercover as a mechanic. It was a lot of fun," she said. "But you really need those parts otherwise you will really mess up the engine." She got on the ground and crawled under with him. "You need to change the oil and get a new filter." She smiled at him. "You look so messy for someone who hasn't done anything."

Jack stared at her before rolling his eyes. "I've done work! Just...none of it was apparently useful." Shaking his head, he tried to crawl out from beneath the truck, but ended up hitting his hand once again and just groaning. "This truck is trying to kill me."

Constance moved over a bit. "You did some damage just fooling around. I should be able to fix it so it can be used again, but you really need the parts," she said.

"I'll get them if you ride with me, Constance. You can show me what we need."

"Yay! I get to go into town!" she said happily. Her hands started to work on the things Jack messed up. "Were you chewing on this wire?"

"I was not chewing on the blasted wires!" Jack just shook his head. He was tired of fooling around with the thing. He began to wipe his dirty hands on his pants. "You go fix the truck and I'll have dinner waiting for you when you're done." Shaking his head one last time he headed back into the house to take a shower.

"You can't hide from me, Phantom." Her lips curved into a smile as she watched him enter the house. He was her prey, and he was going to die.

Constance pulled herself out from under the truck. "Let's go!" Constance said and Brian got up.

They got into the car and drove off. Constance played with the radio then sighed that it didn't work. She would get parts to fix that too. It wasn't long before her mind was coming up with all these great things she wanted to do to fix it up.

"I can't already see that you have found yourself a pass time," Brian said. "I'm still getting us bikes."

Jack turned off the water when he thought he heard something downstairs. "Constance? Brian?" He paused...there was no response. Climbing out of the shower, he wrapped a towel around his waist and stared for the bathroom door. Just as he was about to open it someone kicked it in. Jack fell back as a dagger came to his throat. He just barely managed to roll in time to avoid it.

Looking up, he saw that his assailant was masked, but the formfitting outfit revealed that she was female.

"What is it with you females and interrupting my shower?" He ducked under another knife and jumped out of the bathroom. He didn't have any weapons and he was fighting in an enclosed space not good. Just as he was going for his bag she came at him against. This time her knives found her mark, slicing into his back and side.

Jack hissed in pain, but used her movement against her. Twisting his legs, he caught her and made her fall to the ground. She might be quicker then he was, but there was no way she was stronger then him. As he tried to jump on her, she elbowed him in the nose.

"Oh c'mon! That was just starting to heal," he groaned. Of course his joke fell on deaf ears as she came at him again. Rolling over the bed, he fell onto the floor. Since he couldn't get to his gun he was going to have to make do with what he could get to. Grabbing the DVDs which were still on the floor, he proceeded to toss the cases at her, distracting her long enough for him to head to the stairs.

As he turned to go down them she came at him again. Once more her knives made their marks on his legs and chest. His towel was all but forgotten as he caught her arm and pulled her down the stairs with him. They collided on the ground, both momentarily stunned. When he finally found his legs she proceeded to kick him between the legs.

For a second he thought he was going to black out, but pain was a powerful motivator. He jumped back as she tried to stab him once again. Now that they were in the kitchen, he had a fighting chance. Grabbing the skillet from breakfast he used it as a makeshift weapon. Deflecting her knives, he proceeded to smash her left hand, earning him a scream of pain. After taking out her right hand he came forward with an uppercut which knocked her on her butt.

"About time you went down." Every move he made hurt, but at least he had the upper hand. Grabbing one of her knives he flipped it over in his hands. "I don't know who sent you, but you're not getting to Constance."

"Constance? You fool, I don't know who that is. I'm after you Phantom."

Jack's eyes widened. "Oh...well...that's a relief." There was a slight pause. "Wait...me? Why me?"

She growled as she lunged at him. He easily sidestepped her, but she didn't stop. Instead she used the gap to break away from him and make her break for it. Jack tried to go after her, but she was long gone by the time he got outside. "Great...I have a psycho killer after me too. Well, that's great. Now I feel important."

Constance ate her ice cream in silence while Brian pulled up in the drive way. "Don't tell Jack I got you that. He'll say I spoiled your dinner."

She laughed and gobbled it up. He stopped the truck and both of them began getting the things out of the back. Along with the car parts, Brian got three bikes. Constance spent most of the afternoon finding the perfect color for her bike, though she had no idea how to ride it. After getting everything out, they walked inside. Constance dropped her bags as she looked at the blood on the floor and the house a mess. She couldn't see Jack.

"Ian!" she shrieked.