Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Killer ❯ Chapter Forty Seven ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Eh, I've always sort of enjoyed it," he said with a small laugh. "Sometimes it feels good to let someone else take control." The look on Constance's face was priceless, even if she had no idea what they were talking about. Cutting up his omelet he began to eat, a small smile on his face as he thought about things.

"You can always ask Constance to buy toys," Brian joked.

"For what?" Constance asked.

Brian busted into laughter. "For nothing," he said. Constance shrugged and continued to eat.

Daniel 2 rubbed her feet, wanted his morning love. "Not now, Daniel 2..." Constance said and brushed him aside with her leg lightly.

"Have you grown bored with him?" Brian asked.

Constance dropped her fork. "No!" she protested. Brian didn't take her eyes off her. "I just...don't feel like holding him."

Jack's face turned blood red and he pretended not to hear what all they were saying. This was just embarrassing. Brian was going to corrupt her. "Let's not talk about that during breakfast," he said, still not able to look at either of them. Reaching down, he let the kitten nibble at the ham from his hand before he rubbed its neck and head. "There's no need for Constance to be corrupted at such a young age."

Putting down his fork, he reached down and held Daniel 2 while it nuzzled him.

"I didn't say anything bad. I stopped myself, Jack," Brian said. He looked at Constance her head was done and she was playing with her food. He placed his hand on her knee under the table and she looked over at him. "Hey, it's ok if you don't want to hold him."

Constance didn't say anything. Holding Daniel 2 at the moment just hurt too much. Every time she reached for him, she pulled at her stitches and every time he was in her lap he hit her wound. She couldn't pretend to be fine with him in her lap. She glanced at Daniel 2 in Jack's lap. It was unfair. That was her kitten, not his.

Brian grabbed one of her hands. "I want to change the bandages on your hands today." She nodded. "Why are you so quiet?"

"I don't have anything to say."

Jack rubbed the kitten's head while watching Constance. The kitten began to knead his leg, he winced and set his knife flying under the table. Grimacing, he looked over at Constance. "Would you mind reaching down and picking that up for me? Usually I'm a lot better with knives," he said with a laugh.

Constance took a deep breath. She got out of her chair and to her knees. Crawling under the table she put a hand over her mouth and held back tears while reaching for the knife. Her body shook and she took another deep breath. Finally she had the knife. Slowly she got to her feet and threw the knife in the sick then rushed to the bathroom. She slammed the door and locked it. Finally, she was able to cry. God! It hurt so much!

"Just as I thought," Jack said softly. "She hasn't been taking her pills."

"How do you know? She could just not like your omelet, you know," Brian said picking at the food. "What the hell is in this anyways?"

"It's an old family recipe," Jack said. "And trust me, it's not my omelet. I saw her face, she was in pain, Brian. We need to do something so she doesn't suffer."

Brian groaned. "Well, what do you suggest? It's not like we can pin her down and force her to take the damn things. She's sneaky and will find a way out of it. Where were you when she got shot those months back and she refused medication? Daniel let her deal with it the way she wanted to, so maybe we should too."

Jack sighed, "Fine, we'll just let her suffer." He didn't like this, not at all. Pushing away from the table he went to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Constance, let me in."

Constance dried her eyes quickly and opened the door. She smiled. "Sorry I rushed out," she said and moved passed him. She went back to the table and sat back down.

Brian patted her hand and she began to eat again.

It wasn't worth it. Jack walked back, looked at Constance and Brian and grabbed his plate. Putting the remnants in the garbage he began to wash off his plate. "So, we have clothes, we have nothing to do, and hopefully no psycho killers after us." Putting his plate up he leaned back against the sink to look at them. "So, what do you want to do?" He knew what Brian wanted to do, but alas his charming date wouldn't be back until evening.

"We could go to the park." Constance looked up from her plate. She loved parks. "I could be nice to take a walk and enjoy our time here."

"I'll go change!" Constance said and stood. She rushed to the bedroom to get dressed.

"Well that works." Shaking his head he started to the bedroom to grab his own clothes and his fuzzy hat.

Brian changed into something warmer and Constance met him by the door. He fixed her scarf and hat then kissed her head. "You look cute," he said. She smiled.

They waited for Jack to come out then they went down to the main hall. Brian gave the door man a wink and he waved at him with a smile. The taxi drive was short and once at the park, Constance went straight for the fountain.

"For the record, next time we relocate I want to go to Australia. That way they have beaches, and warm weather, and kangaroos." Jack shivered. Even with his clothes he was cold. His lips curved into a smile as Constance played at the fountain. "She's just like a little kid."

"She loves parks," his eyes narrowed as a man about his age walked over to Constance and sat at the edge of the fountain smiling at her. "Wonder what he has in mind."

"Hello," the man said to Constance.

Constance looked over at him. "Hi."

"I'm Heath," he said and held out his hand for Constance to shake. She just started at him. "I...haven't seen you around. But it's hard not to notice you."

Constance looked back at the fountain. "I'm not from around here." She smiled. "I'm Constance."

He smiled. "A very unique name, but pretty. Suits a pretty girl," he said.

Constance blushed. "Thank you."

He moved closer. "You look like you are about my age. Do you go to school around here?"

"No, I don't go to school at all."

"Oh, well, I suppose you don't know the area that much." She shook her head. He moved a little closer and Constance scooted back. "I don't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just thought I could show you around sometime. I've lived here most my life. And I can't have someone as pretty as you walking around all alone. Maybe we can go to dinner or lunch sometime."

Jack tensed as this random stranger walked up to her. His eyes scanned the new guy's body, trying to see if he had any concealed weapons on him. When he was fairly confident that the guy wasn't an assassin and just a guy trying to score, he relaxed slightly. Walking up to Constance and the new guy, he smiled.

"Hello there," he said cheerfully, putting a hand on Constance's shoulder. "Everything okay over here?"

Heath smiled. "Hello, Sir," he said. Constance looked up at him then back at Heath. "Are you Constance’s older brother?"

Constance laughed. Heath just smiled. "What's funny?"

"He's not my brother, silly," she said.

"Oh! I'm sorry. He just looks so much older than you. I just assumed he was," Heath laughed.

"No, he isn't." Constance smiled.

Jack's face flushed. "So, what might your name be?" He was trying to redirect the conversation so he could find out more about this random stranger that was trying to cozy up to Constance.

"Heath," he said holding out his hand. Jack shook it. "I was just asking Constance if she wanted me to show her around. I was hoping she would let me take her out." His eyes fell on Constance again. "I thought I would ask before anyone else did. All the guys seem to find her interesting."

Constance looked around. It was then that she noticed that there were an awful lot of young men staring at her. "Why?"

Heath laughed. "You're very beautiful, Constance," he said bluntly. Constance pushed her curls from her face. "School got out early today, so a bunch of guys come here to play football. It's hard not to notice you when you are sitting in the center of the park all alone."

Jack groaned. Great, now she was going to be their high school sweetheart. Where the hell was Brian? "Yes, well, she's not alone," he told this Heath person. "And I'm afraid we probably won't be here too long before we have to leave."

"We are leaving?" Constance asked. "But we only got here yesterday."

Brian walked up to them and handed Constance a hot chocolate. "Who said we are leaving?"

"Ian said so," Constance said.

Brian looked at Jack. "We aren't leaving," he stated. Heath looked confused. "Hello, I'm Constance guardian, Brian."

Heath shook his hand. "No offense, but you look really young to be her guardian."

Brian laughed. "I am, but we are a special case." Heath smiled. "So you're chatting up Constance."

"I was just telling...what's your name sir?" he asked Jack.

"His name is Jack, but Constance calls him Ian."

"Strange," Heath smiled. "Well, I was just telling Jack that I wanted to ask Constance to dinner before any of the other boys did."

Brian looked around. "It does seem she is a hot topic."

He couldn't believe it. Couldn't any of them understand the simple fact that they were suppose to keep a low profile? They weren't suppose to be attracting the entire male population here. And while he wanted to tell this punk that Constance was already taken, he honestly wasn't certain if she still was. Looking down at her and then to Brian, he gave them both a confused look. He had no idea what was going on anymore.

"I assure you, Heath, none of you will be taking her to dinner," Brian said with a smile.

"Oh, is she not allowed to date?" Heath asked.

Constance shook her head. "No, I'm in love with Ian," she replied bluntly. "You know, we have sex and stuff."

Brian put his hand over her mouth. Heath paled. "She means that she is taken."

"But aren't you...a little too old to be with her? Isn't that illegal?" Heath asked Jack.

Smooth. Real smooth Constance. "Actually, I'm not quite as old as I look," he said. "And yeah...." Looking at the other kids who were gathering, he did feel rather old all of a sudden. "Can we go someplace else?" All they needed was for one of these kids to call the cops and say that he was raping a small girl.

Brian took Constance hand. "Bye, Heath," she said waving.

Brian walked fast, dragging Constance with him. He called for a cab and they got in. "Constance, you can't just tell people you are with Jack."

"Why?" she asked confusedly.

"Because, legally, he's raping you and can get in serious trouble if people know," Brian explained.

"But he's not raping me."