Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Necromancer ❯ Love to Death ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Copyright & Disclaimer: This is my own work, with minor inspirations for some of it from the game Wizard101. If you want to understand those minor inspirations, go play the game at www.wizard101.com. Everything else is mine. Likenesses to real people or events is coincidental. If you want more information, email me at FierceWolfDragon@gmail.com. Please ask before using!

Thank you ^_~ Sage-chan

~*~*~*~*~

I remember the first day I met her. She was trying to find her way through the dining hall and had almost run into the main table when I spotted her.

I must have surprised her when I called out, for she jumped and spun in circles trying to find the source of my voice.

It was then when I realized that she was blind. It didn't matter to me, however. She needed help, and I could help her.

I guided her out of the main building and back to the Storm School. We talked the entire way, and at one point she looked up at me. That's when it happened.

I took one look at her storm grey, sightless eyes, the shock white hair, and the angelic features, and was ruined for any other. One grateful look from her was enough to make me love to Death.

Or perhaps the look was curiosity. I've never asked, and she's never told me. I think we prefer it that way.

I took her back to her room. As luck would have it, she had the private room right next to mine, 754. She clapped after opening the door, sounding the room out. She seemed somewhat surprised by how large it was. That made me wonder what her room with her father had been like.

I hoped he wasn't like my parents. She'd told me that he read to her, but I still didn't trust that. She seemed exhausted, so I told her I'd wake her in an hour for dinner.

~*~*~*~*~

I came back exactly an hour later, but she didn't answer my knock. Worried, I ignored propriety and entered her room. I was met by a heartwarming sight, if only to me.

She was curled up in her bed. I tried to wake her twice more, but she didn't wake. So I decided to bring dinner to her.

I left, closing her door again, and went down to the dining hall. Once I explained what I wanted, the staff was more than happy to oblidge. I guess they were glad to see I had a friend.

They loaded up a tray with enough food for the both of us, and I returend to her room. She was awake and answered my knock this time. I brought in the food and began to serve her.

She was curious about what it was, so I described everything for her as I put some on her plate. She thanked me as I handed her the plate. It made my stomach flip-flop.

I gave the customary response, then began to serve myself. But my appetite had lessened, and my stomach continued to flip-flop and turn. I wasn't able to eat much.

She was angry with the Masters when she learned that I was to skip my first year when she knew as much as I did and they were making her "learn" it again.

She was angry at my Masters; the men and women who had raised and taught me. I'm afraid I wasn't very polite. Ill and upset though I was, that is no excuse for being impolite to a lady.

I never did apologize, though I did offer to aid her. I wish I had. Perhaps things would have been different. In any case, I apologize now.

I went to bed, then, after clearing the food and dishes, and collecting a healer. It was a good thing I did. As soon as I got back to my room, I threw up what little I had already eaten, and some blood.

The healer gave me what help she could, but there's not much anyone can do for a Death Mage dying of love. I just had to convince my magic that we were too young for what it wanted.

I managed, then blacked out.

~*~*~*~*~

I was woken up the next morning by a small snuffling. An air elemental, one I couldn't see, was sniffing me. It asked my name into my mind, and I gave it. It chirruped in joy and flew away.

A few moments later, she knocked on my door. I sat up as the healer told her to come in. She did, but when she sensed illness in me, she moved closer.

She was as beautiful as aever, and seemed truly worried about me. She'd slept in, and missed her appointment with Master Venyr. He wouldn't be pleased with that explination.

I sent him a message telling him my health had made her late, not her oversleeping. He accepting this and said he would come to her. I hoped she wouldn't refute my lie. Since I'd promised to take her to him, techinically it wasn't.

I hope she forgave me for that. I was ten. I didn't want her in trouble. Me on the other hand...

~*~*~*~*~

I had to spend a few days convincing my magic that I would tell her when we were old enough, but after that it rarely attacked me.

I say convincing my magic. Most people don't realize it, but their magic is a being seperate of themselves, with a will all its own.

So when I say 'convincing my magic,' That's what I mean. But back to the story, yes?