Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Murderous Past ❯ Murderous Past - I ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Murderous Past~
 
Author: Schwarz tot schwarz das Bloot.
 
Storyline: When a young man finds himself in the middle of Alexander's conquest for Persia, dazed, scared and with a sword pointed at his throat, what could do? Other than scream, and try to cover himself as best his could. He wasn't ready for death. When his eyes gazed upon the man who pulled the guards away, he knew he shouldn't do so, but he couldn't help but let Alexander know of his future.
 
Days before they crossed the Hellespont, his soldiers getting agitated from the heat and impatience. To have someone from fall from the sky into the middle of their camp was enough. To have them speak their language, and claim to know of Alexander's journey put them on edge. He spoke of things that were yet to come about. Could he really be from the future?
 
That is not what is on their minds anymore. Soldiers are being killed off, poisoned. Many turn the blame over to the stranger, though Alexander knows it was not him. There is someone else doing all these hellish deeds, and Alexander wants to know who. He doesn't want one of his best men to be the next target.
 
Disclaimer: These lots of characters do not belong to me.
 
~ * ~
 
“I don't get what your fascination with Alexander the Great has to do with this program, but go ahead. Can't hurt.”
Gabriel smiled, sitting in front of the computer. His fingers whizzed over the keyboard, his eyes trained on the screen. He was to establish how time travel would work; dissecting it the best he could, make it understandable even to a four year old.
He had been working on the project for nine months. He was getting close to solving it. All he needed was a specific time to jump to and it would be complete. He had chosen the era of Alexander the Great, knowing everyone would know that time slot.
Gabriel had been working on this, along with seven others. He hadn't made the time to get to know them; he knew it wouldn't be for the greater good. Everyone that worked there had their own rules, their own ethics to get to the top.
They would manipulate, steal, lie and cheat. Gabriel couldn't be like that if his life depended on it. Squinting his eyes slightly, he saw a flaw. An entire page of his work was missing. He didn't know how it was possible. Everything on this computer was password protected, and he knew for a fact that no-one knew how to spell Bucephalus.
With a weary sigh, Gabriel looked through his back up files, hoping he would find the missing page in there. “What the…?”
He jumped when a loud rumble of thunder sounded over the top of the building. His heart raced within his chest, and he cursed himself for being so stupid. He continued to scroll through the ancient texts. Something was off in those as well.
At least, that's what he remembered before a blinding white light invaded his vision. The next thing he remembered he was falling. It seemed almost endless, until he came to sudden stop, the wind leaving his lungs. He stared up at the sky, bright blue, flickers of white spotting here and there before them.
He closed his eyes, groaning as he rolled over. Trying to, being more the action. His back hurt, pain throbbing over his body with every heart beat. Gradually, he got to his feet. His head swam, his vision blackened for a second.
When it cleared, he heard thumping. He saw his suitcases falling around him. He had just gotten a new job, and was trying to finish the project before he left for good. New job, new town, new apartment. He got to his feet, still feeling groggy.
He squinted. The sun to be unnaturally brighter. “What…?” he mumbled, looking round at what could be someone's camp?
Gabriel looked over his shoulder when someone cleared their throat. He turned, his eyes taking in the man's appearance. He was dressed in armor; usual marching sandals covered his feet. A shield in one hand, a bronze sword in the other. His helmet was open, not covering his face at all.
“Um…Hi?” His eyes widened when the tip of the sword was barely millimeters away from his throat.
Gabriel wasn't sure why, but he did the first action that came to mind. He screamed, not shouted, but screamed, falling to the ground, covering himself with his arms. He wasn't going to let them skewer him like a pig.
He could hear the soldier muttering amongst themselves. Gabriel lowered his arms when he noticed the language they were talking. It was Greek. More like Koine Greek to be precise, and better still, he was almost fluent in the language. He could understand what was being spoken round.
Most of the soldiers were curious about his clothing, his hair, his eyes, and his skin. Others were speaking of the way he cowered. What was he meant to do? Let them impale him on their swords? He wanted to live to see age nineteen.
Gabriel stood, dusting himself off. “Good one, guys. Who put you up to this? Was it Dean? Tell me it was Dean.”
The soldier that had first pointed his sword at Gabriel stepped forward, his eyes taking in Gabriel's clothing. It wasn't much, just jeans, joggers, and cotton shirt. The soldier mumbled something to the man standing beside him, who inclined his head; leaving the group.
Gabriel put his hands behind his back, rocking and forth on his heels, which dug into the sandy soil. He stared at the soldier, giving a nervous smile. He wasn't sure what he was meant to do. Whoever these actors were, they were brilliant at staying in character. He wondered if he had landed in Hollywood, accidentally crashing into one of the sets.
He inhaled deeply through his nose, salt filling it. There was the small trace of horse manure, along with wine. These people were very good at keeping in character. He wasn't sure where he was, or where he was meant to be, but it certainly wasn't Perth.
Gabriel continued to rock on his heels until his calves hurt, forcing him to stop. He sighed, glancing at his watch. It read twelve fifty. Whether it was morning of afternoon, Gabriel wasn't sure. He glanced up at the sky. It seemed real. An eagle soared past. Very real.
Gabriel bit his lower lip nervously. He was uneasy, yet the men stood their ground, weapons drawn, ready to attack if needed. He wanted to do something to pass the time, anything would have done. Nothing to come to mind. He had already made a fool out of himself by screaming like a girl and cowering like one.
Off in the distance a horse whinnied, a man shouted, and the eagle screeched. Gabriel was about to ask what they were waiting for when the soldiers moved away from him, standing in formation, weapons sheathed. Gabriel stared at the man who was approaching him.
He couldn't really see his face. All he could see was wheat colored hair. He was dressed in purple tunic with gold hemming. Marching sandals on his feet, and carrying not weapon. The man raised his head, stopping in his tracks as he stared at Gabriel.
“Alexander?” Gabriel stared at the man. “Okay. I am sorry if I ruined your set, but I didn't know. I swear.”
Gabriel had no idea they were bringing out another Alexander movie. Best of all, he had just crashed into the set. Maybe that wasn't a good thing. This group looked royally upset at him just popping in. Like it was his fault.
The newest person to join the group approached him slowly. Gabriel raised an eyebrow curiously. Something was off. If this was a set, why couldn't he see the cameras? Why hadn't the director yelled `cut'? Gabriel's body seized up. He started gasping for air, staring at the man as he stared back. Finally, his vision went black and he fainted.
 
~ * ~
End Chapter I.