Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 19: To Love Satan ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

Contract 19: To Love Satan

By: Melissa Norvell/Revamp

XxXxXxXx

Lucifer stood on the sidewalk with Seraj's body dangling from his grasp. The boy looked to the ground with a deep-set frown, disgusted at himself for being in such a dismal state in front of that man. There he was, bleeding and broken and he could do nothing to fight him off now. Those cold, red eyes bore a hole in his soul, staring at him with conviction.

"Lucifer..." his voice trailed weakly as he tried to think of something to say, anything that didn't make him look weak. However, the truth of the fact was the truth all the same. That damned angel saved his life. For now, the man he resisted the most was his hero.

"Yes?" Lucifer asked with no specific tone.

"Thank you...for showing up to save me," Seraj hung his head in defeat, accepting his fate, whatever it may be. For once, he would become vulnerable. He had no choice in the matter, anyway.

"I didn't show up to save you," the boy just happened to get in his way of his original plans. If Seraj thought he was doing anything to save him intentionally then he had another thing coming. If was almost insulting for him to think such a lowly thing.

"What?" Seraj's miserable, shocked gaze leveled the angel's blood red one.

"I was talking to Yaone and Kazuza about their relationship. I was headed toward your house because I knew you were out of school and I happened to run into you here," his answer was simple, but Seraj didn't buy it one bit.

The Nepali boy's gaze hardened and was marred with malice. "Lair, angels have the ability to predict events ahead of time. You knew this would happen." There was no way he was going to let Lucifer stand there and pretend he didn't care. He obviously did or he would have killed him as he did all of his other victims. It wasn't even about the fact that the two were in a pact, Seraj was sure if he wanted out of the pact then he would have found a way by now.

On some distant level, Lucifer cared about him.

He just didn't want it shoved in his face.

"Even so, they aren't allowed to alter it." No matter what an angel could foresee, they could not change fate. That was up to humans to do, if they so wished. Angels could send hints to them in many different forms but if the humans didn't take them there was nothing the angels could do.

"Like you're that holy. You would use it to your advantage and you probably have before, too," Lucifer would never be so honest, nor would he be so kind as to warn anyone of the changing of fate. Seraj knew better than to believe that pile of crap.

"Looking ahead and having knowledge is interesting but it can become repetitious and boring when overused. Uncertainty still plays a role. Even if an angel has the vision, they can change depending on the factors." One second someone could die, and in the very next second to follow they could live. Fate had a strange way of morphing and twisting. It was undoubtedly the most pliable substance known to the immortal and moral plains.

"I give up," Seraj couldn't take it anymore. He had lost so much. Nearly all of his friends were dead, and the more he went against it, the more people he would lose. At least, if they went into a pact together fully, Lucifer would finally leave his friends alone. He was going to sacrifice everything in order to keep what little people were involved in his life alive.

"Give up?" Lucifer sounded a little confused, yet slightly amused.

"I'll go into your contract," Seraj closed his eyes, dark hair hung over his face, shadowing it from view. "I'm tired of fighting it and I'm tired of people dying on me. I'll do whatever you want, this just isn't worth it. I'll have sex with you for an eternity. I'll kill Sajani, Just make this madness stop." He had finally been broken by the angel. Seraj could bear it no longer. The boy felt as if he was going to go insane if one more thing happened to him. This time, the next thing that happened could be the end of him. His situations were just getting worse and worse, and Seraj came to figure out that the foundations of his nerves were built on pillars of sand that Lucifer easily ran over with a steam roller.

"That's not what I want you to agree to," Lucifer didn't react in any way in particular. He was stone cold.

Seraj's head snapped up and shock crossed his face, adorned with a hint of anger that flickered in his eyes. "What? I finally give in to you and you tell me you won't accept it? Why? Isn't that what you wanted all along?" For the love of all things unholy and holy, he could not figure out what the hell this angel wanted from him. If he didn't want him to agree to go into the contract with him, then what did he want?

"If the reason isn't clear now, it will be soon," Lucifer wrapped his strong arms around the boy and lifted him up effortlessly. The angel held the surprised Seraj bride and groom style and black wings as pitch as the deepest black spread out and flapped powerfully as they lifted the two into the air.

Seraj tried to struggle against him at first, thrashing around in the angel's arms until he got to an elevation that he didn't want to be dropped at. His eyes gazed down on the slowly shrinking view below him and he felt weightless and cold against the air. His ears popped as he rose higher and higher. "We're...flying?" Seraj could hardly believe what was going on. "What! What...what's going on?"

"It will only cause unwanted attention if I just walk down the street with you in my arms." It was Lucifer's solution to the problem at hand.

"Yeah, like this is going to be any better!" Seraj held his arms out in annoyance. They were flying, defying something that humans considered impossible without the aid of a device or a machine. That was far more bizarre than being carried down the street by the devil.

"Are you afraid of heights?" Lucifer asked.

"No," the boy replied.

"Then you shouldn't complain. Besides, you think that you would be thanking me. You have such pride in yourself that you'd think you wouldn't want to be seen covered in blood, looking as if someone beat you up," Lucifer thought that he was doing the boy's ego a favor by not allowing him not to be seen in public with such wounds and in such weaknesses.

"I guess..." Seraj thought to himself, "where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you to your house," the long-haired angel instructed as they dove down, spiraling in large, lazy circles as they descended to the house, landing lightly in the front yard.

"You think you'd take me to the hospital since I'm bleeding internally," Seraj muttered.

"I am aware of your condition," the angel noted.

"You just like to watch me suffer, you sick bastard!" Seraj growled. He was more than positive the angel got off to pain and death. It brought him sick pleasure as he tormented people like a psychopath.

Lucifer frowned, "Why are you so stupid?"

"What? I'm not stupid!" The boy protested his anger only elevating with each verbal jab he took.

"You don't know my intentions and you will never figure me out, no matter how hard you try, so give it up." At first, Seraj's allegations were cute, but now they were just annoying. Lucifer wished the boy would have just bled to the point of unconsciousness but he decided to be stubborn and defy his pain as much as he could. He would expect no less from him.

"Like I'm interested," Seraj shot. There was nothing that could possibly interest him in anything that the sick angel hid from him. Some secrets were better off kept. He felt the wind through his hair as the two of them walked up to his doorstep. The angel opened the door and the two of them walked inside of the house.

'I hope no one saw us.' Seraj had neighbors close by. Surely they wouldn't notice them if they landed quickly. Surely, they would not see a large, winged figure circling in the sky like an oversized vulture. "You can put me down now," he barked and glared at the angel in irritancy. Why did he insist on carrying him around like a woman? It was embarrassing!

"You don't need to walk in your state," Lucifer bent down and laid the boy flat on the ground. "I don't usually use this power because I'd much rather cause pain, but do you wish to be healed? I can make you feel healthy again with the chant of a spell."

"A spell?" It sounded like something straight out of science fiction or a fantasy novel. "I don't trust that worth anything. I don't trust you...and I don't know what kind of crap you're going to do to my body. You've done enough to me without my consent. I don't want this to happen, either."

Why in the hell would he trust Lucifer with any kind of magical spells? Even if he told him that he could cast the spell, there was no saying that he would cast the right spell. Knowing his luck, he would cast whatever spell he chose and Seraj was going to be left suffering the aftereffects and consequences of them.

"You don't think I'd be legitimate about this?" The angel knew what his words would be, but he decided to test the waters anyway.

"No," it was exactly the answer he thought he would receive.

A smirk crossed his face. "I suppose you have that right."

"What are you doing?" Seraj's eyes widened as the angel removed his shirt and pulled out a needle and thread. He felt exposed and vulnerable as he lay there, shirtless and wounded. What in the hell was going on? He felt his heart rate quicken as his eyes were transfixed on the needle and thread.

"I'm going to sow up these wounds and stop the bleeding," Lucifer instructed as he walked into the bathroom. The boy's eyes followed him intently. Turning around, red eyes stared down the body on the floor. "You want to heal naturally, so that's what I'm doing. I'm going to seal you up and bandage you, then you'll be fine. You can watch me and everything. That way you can make sure that I don't harm a precious hair on your head."

What better way to establish trust than to have him watch as he fixed him up? Surely that would cause the boy to show him some type of trust.

Defeated, Seraj closed his eyes and let out a defiant 'fine' as he turned his head to the side reluctantly. "If you molest me, I'll rip your wings off."

Lucifer agreed as he came back to the boy's side with all of the first aid supplies that he could and laid them beside of him. Then he began to wash the wounds out the best he could with soapy water. As he did so, he could hear the boy question him as to why he was helping him.

"We are bound by a contract-"

"I thought that you didn't want me to be in a contract with you," Seraj's eyes were full of skepticism. Either he wanted their alliance or he didn't. The angel didn't need to keep changing his story.

"I don't want you to act as if it's a burden." That wasn't how contracts worked. Both people had to be willing, there was no forced contract that ever worked effectively otherwise. All contracts required a bond and the deeper the bond, the better and stronger the contract was.

"Well, forget about that because it's not happening. I'm not going to willingly be in a contract with you," Seraj changed his mind about his offer. He took it all back. There wasn't a thing the angel could do that could make him give him another offer like the one he had. Lucifer can forget anything that happened between them in that moment. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

"They will be back, you know."

Seraj was silent.

"Do you still love her?"

The Nepali boy was absolutely flabbergasted that he would ask him something like that, knowing the foundation of his pact, pushing him to continue to carry it out against his will. Why would Lucifer even think such a thing? Was he crazy?

Nevermind. He already knew the answer to that.

"No, why would I still love her after all of this? She blamed me for killing Iwao and then she almost killed me," Seraj had many more reasons to list on why he no longer loved Sajani but he didn't think the angel needed anything more.

The angel got close to his face, inches away from the tan-skinned boy. Seraj could feel the occasional prick of the needle as he was sewn up and the warmth of the elder man's breath on his face. "Then, are you ready to sell your soul to the devil?" His voice was low and seductive, temptation leaking from its tone.

"Why not? Don't tell me you're still going to accept your denial to cover up your desires? Why don't you give in to reason?" There was no way that he could cover up any of his misdeeds by now. They had done things, unspeakable actions in that bathtub. Those were things that he could not deny. The wicked attraction he had to another man was something that was undeniable. No matter how much he tried to cover it up with his religion, his sins could not be washed away.

"You're just seducing me," and that's all it was before.

"Is that really what you see it as?" Lucifer finished sowing up his laceration. He did a pretty damned good job if he could say so himself.

"What do you want me to see it as? All you do is torment me. You've made me miserable and you took advantage of me." That was hardly a relationship, and the key point that made it all the more confusing was the tone in which the angel asked him that in. Did Lucifer actually feel something towards him, or was he imagining it? No! It was probably some plan of his! He had to stay strong. Seraj had to remain defiant against the angel.

"If you like it, it's not rape," Lucifer pulled out the bandages with a deep-set frown.

"Its how I feel," Seraj uttered bitterly, almost in a way in which he had to force the words from his mouth.

"Still dodging it? You'll deny it all the way to your grave, won't you?" The angel grabbed the boy's arm and yanked him up. His grip was so tight that it felt as if he was being squeezed in a vice grip.

Seraj flinched in pain. "Ouch, that hurts," his voice strained as he leveled the angel with a harsh glare. "You could act like you care, if you like me so much. Don't act like I don't know what this is about."

"You don't," Lucifer's voice held a little edge to it as if he were being defensive.

"Yaone told me what you want me to be, and why you formed this contract with me. I should have known that the two of you were in this together," his look hardened as he jerked his arm out of the vice grip and stared into the angel's red eyes. Those cold, uncaring eyes the color of hell, the color of blood.

"Oh? Did she?" Lucifer mused with a finger to his chin. "I suppose it's about time that you did know what was going on."

"I never agreed to any of this."

"Very few people do," the angel remarked.

"Go find a woman. A man cannot be a bride."

"You will become my mate. It's already been decided." The pact was solid proof that no matter how he tried to resist, Seraj was already his, in more ways than he could possibly imagine. There wasn't a part of him that was left untainted by the angel.

"I refuse," Seraj spat.

"It's not up to you to decide," the boy revoked his freedom by entering the pact in the first place. He should have thought about that before he went around trying to get revenge on his girlfriend.

"What? I'm just as involved. I'd like to think I matter."

"You were chosen. You either adapt or die. You can choose to be involved and make yourself happy, or you can fall to the depths of misery. For you, it seems that even if you get away from me, you're still going to be miserable. Sajani hates you, and now she wants to see you dead." Which was worse, being in this pact or having to deal with that girl alone? In Seraj's case, it was a lose-lose situation that neither of them could get out of. They were tied together by the red string of fate, even if it was like a noose around their necks.

"Yeah, I know that just makes your day," Seraj shot.

"Perhaps it does," Lucifer sat up the boy as he wrapped bandages around the afflicted area. He took his time to scan over his body, paying attention to every crevice and indent in the boy's muscle tone.

"I don't know what you want from me. You're so damned hard to figure out." Honestly, the more he was around the angel, the more of a cryptic puzzle he became.

"The answer should be obvious, especially if Yaone told you all there is to know."

XxXxXxXx

Yaone and Kazuza walked towards the blonde's house, both of them were speechless as they listened to the sounds of distant birds and insects. The gentle wind blew through the threes, rustling their leaves as they took gradual steps towards their destination. Yaone looked to the man walking beside of her. Something about the fact that they were in this type of symbiotic relationship, the fact that the two of them depended on each other for survival was that they needed each other to live was a great responsibility.

Pink eyes connected with blue as the flower prince spoke to her. "Was that Lucifer who walked by us a moment ago?"

"I think so. He must have an agenda. He usually does when he heads off in that direction. He usually does when he heads off in that direction." That was more than likely the case, especially since he was headed off in the direction of Seraj's house. More than likely, he had business with that boy of some kind.

"Isn't that where that boy lives? The one you were talking to?" Kazuza cocked his head in question.

"Yeah, Lucifer tends to stay with him."

"He seems so attached. How interesting for an angel to have such forbidden feelings for a human. Such a sinful relationship that is." Angels lived by strict laws of creation. Because they were considered creatures that were divine and holy, they were forbidden by God to mate or have relationships with humans much less the one that Lucifer and Seraj had.

Then again, this was the very angel who defied god in every way.

Like Lucifer listened to rules.

Yaone shrugged. "Like ours is any better. How can you love someone you don't even know?" The sheer concept seemed impossible. The blonde was never one to believe in such idealistic and childish things like love at first sight.

Kazuza looked to her and gave her a gentle smile. "I was created just for you."

"He's doing this to punish me," the girl frowned, her gaze crestfallen on the ground.

Doubt reflected in the flower prince's eyes as he averted them from his partner. "Do you not like me?"

"I like you," the girl's voice was low and sympathetic. "You're a beautiful creature that was so kindly created for me. However, we should spend more time together. The first thing I want you to do is get to know me. No matter what I want you to always stay faithful to me."

If he was to be her servant, then a vow of loyalty was in order. As they were getting to know each other, she was sure they would form a bond. Perhaps that would be best for now. It would kill off any aspect of love she had for Lucifer so that the pain would go away. For now, Yaone would convince herself that all of this was for the best.

"Even when my mortal body is gone, I will follow you faithfully to the depths of hell. You are my everything, and I hold an undying love for you," the prince walked in front of the girl and took her hands in his, kissing them lovingly," my little daffodil."

A light blush was airbrushed on her cheeks, and she was taken aback by his kind words, "Flower Prince Kazuza..."

XxXxXxXx

Lucifer frowned at the boy, his eyebrows furrowing. "You don't even know how to feel, do you? Our uncertain relationship status bothers you."

After all, this boy had everything in life set up for him - his life, who he married, his schooling...what else could he possibly want? Seraj had never known what it was like to live on the edge, or to wing it every day in your life. Uncertainty was a loss of security for him.

"You've blurred all of the lines, and I'm scared like hell," Seraj put his head down, finally admitting his weakness. There was no use fighting things anymore. He was hurt and vulnerable and he really didn't feel like putting up a fight.

"Why?"

"I think I might actually be succumbing to this madness...and falling for you..."

Hearing those words brought a smirk of satisfaction to the wicked angel's face. Now he finally had Seraj right where he wanted him.

...To Be Continued