Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of the End ❯ Respect and Revenge ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Beginning of the End
Part 7
 
"Is it him Mahiko?" asks Raryn.

"Yes," Mahiko replies. "He has found us again."

A moment later, the room begins to darken, and from the darkness emerges another shadowy figure.

"Good to see you again, Amalgum."
 
"Who is that Mahiko?" Vannaka asks gripping his sword.

"He's an old friend, you can relax for now," Mahiko says waving his hand.
 
"Wait a minute," Raryn says. "Wasn't he on a triad about killing us?"

"Oh that was my misconception." Mahiko replies. "When we met back in that town awhile back, he just wanted to talk. That was why I got away without any harm."

"That doesn't make sense, but ok, let's see what he wants."
 
Amalgum looks at Vannaka for a second and starts. "I have seen one of your kind before, but you're not from here are you?" Amalgum says as he advance toward him.

"Are you talking about the Demonic's?" Vannaka asks.

"Yes, you are a Gate-Keeper type no?"

Vannaka stare at him in amazement. "How the Hell do you know about the three Demonic types I've never told anyone?!"

"Because I've been to your Realm... Your master, The Red Sage, told me about them, but you have not switched form yet, why is that?"
 
"I'm....not of the right age yet," Vannaka says unwillingly as if he is ashamed.

"Don't feel bad there buddy," Raryn says patting Vannaka's back. "Your time will come soon. Hey Amalgum, long time no see yes."

"Raryn? Is that really you?" Amalgum asks.

"Yes, who else would dress like this?"

"Oh in that case......DIE RARYN! FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOD OF WAR!" Amalgum shouts as he strikes out at Raryn, hitting him square in the chest and sending him sailing across the room. "That was for what you did to me. Now, to attend to the rest."
 
 
With lightning speed, Amalgum transports his large self around the room and strikes out at the party of heroes. In a valiant attempt to fight back, they all converge on him with their own unique traits and attacks. Syriantus uses all the magic that she has gathered in her long years of study, launching a constant wave of high level magic. Mahiko rushes around the room with his flash technique, hitting whenever he sees an opening. Staim fights with both his weapons, twisting and twirling around Amalgum's attacks and striking when he gets in range. Vannaka keeps his distance, summoning the power held within his amulet, letting it strike the giant's body.

Even with the onslaught of the attacks, it is apparent that Amalgum is not sustaining any kind of damage what-so-ever.

In little less then a minute, he counters the entire party's attempts at attacks and sends them reeling toward the back wall with Raryn.

"You must have done something very bad to him in the past Raryn," Staim says.

"Hey, it was Mahiko's idea to do it, I just completed the task."
 
"Does it really matter what happened in the past? What's done is done and there's no fighting it," Vannaka said as he got up from the wall. "But I would like to challenge him to see what he learned in Croft." He grips his sword and gets in a stance.

"Very well, if you insist," Amalgum said he began to charge him.
 
 
Datenshi is near a corner looking at the two beginning to fight he is not interested who lives or dies he just there to find out who is stronger. He anticipates there movements and already knows what they are going to do next. Now all that is left is them to do it.
 
"Do you expect to win Demon boy?" Amalgum said holding of Vannaka's attack.

"Yes actually, I have more plans up my sleeve." Vannaka said as he took out his amulet.
 
 
Mahiko being so engulfed in the fight didn't notice a new presence at first but once he finally had he looked over at the newcomer. "You, what's your goal here?" he inquired.
 
Through the darkness Mahiko could not see Datenshi's face, only saw the glint of his eye. Knowing all to well that that is a look of evil

"Nothing that concerns you," Datenshi says while looking right into Mahiko eyes.
 
Hmm, I have a bad feeling about him, Mahiko thinks.
"As long as you don't interfere with us you're welcome to stay," Mahiko tells him in a gentle manner.
 
"I have no interest of interfering in your battle. I am here to observe. If you don't pose a threat to me you won't die.....but if you do pose a threat," Datenshi says with a evil grin "Then surely my blade is the last thing you will see" Datenshi snickers.
 
 
~Back with Vannaka

"You know what this is? This will be the last thing you see." Vannaka says as his amulet glows a black/purplish color. "Constrict, ^&%^%%&$!" Vannaka chanted as the amulet shot out a great black arm that grabbed Amalgum's chest making it to where he couldn't move.

"What was that you said Vannaka?" Mahiko asked.

"One of the secret Hitokiri spells."

"That's not what I asked..."

"That was Demonic for Claws of the Devil."
 
 
Datenshi looks at the two fight he smirks to himself. Thinking "one of these guys is going to die, but which one." It is true that he can see there moves before they make it, but Datenshi can never tell the outcome." Pa, how boring."
 
 
"Ha! Do you thing this magic can stop me?" Amalgum says as he brakes free of the Claws of the Devil.

"Damn! So close!" Vannaka says as he jumps back. "Looks like I have no choice," Vannaka says as he strikes the ground with his sword twice, and the fire and lightning energies flow around the blade. "Here I come!" he shouts as he starts a charge toward him. Suddenly he stops, noticing a difference in his surroundings. "OII, who are you up there." He says as he shoots a fire ball at the new-comer.
 
Datenshi looks at the fireball as it passes about an inch from his head. He even hears the sizzling of his hair." I am Akuinnen Datenshi," he says as he steps from the darkness revealing his face and a sword at his side. "And that my friend, was a bad choice" Datenshi flash steps right next to Vannaka. Datenshi's sword, already unsheathed, is now at Vannaka neck. "This is my blade. He has been very thirsty. I wonder if he thinks your blood is sweet."
 
"I'm sorry to break it to you but Demonics, well, especially Gate-Keepers are hard to take down," Vannaka says as he disappears and reappears behind Datenshi and has his blade flowing with energy right at his neck.
 
Datenshi snickers. "Looks like I'm going to have some fun. Are you ready to meet the Darkness." With that Datenshi turn his blade back so that it hits Vannaka, draining little by little the blades energy. "I told you my blade is thirsty," Datenshi says with his back still facing Vannaka.
 
"It doesn't matter to me if your stupid blade is thirsty, you should mind your place," Vannaka says as he places his amulet to his back and shoots an electric surge throughout Datenshi's body.

"If you don't mind, I was in the middle of a battle. Why don't you wait your turn fool," Vannaka says as he kicks him toward his party. "Where were we Amalgum?"
 
"Fool...FOOL! FOOL!!!!!! I HATE BEING UNDERESTAMATED! I WILL KILL YOU WERE YOU STAND," Datenshi gets up and puts his sword in front of him and begins to copy himself many time over running around in circles to confuse Vannaka. Datenshi slashes at Vannaka giving him a deep wound.
 

"I didn't want to get involved with you..." Mahiko sighs then jumps next to Vannaka and starts pulsing fire out to stop Datenshi's attacks.
 
"Ahh, I believe I said wait your turn!" Vannaka says as he pulled out his amulet. "#%&(^$!!!!" Vannaka said as a tornado like thing was shot out pushing Datenshi across the ground. "Amalgum, sorry, but this will only take a second."

"Very well, I can wait."
 
 
All of Datenshi's clones disappear. Datenshi came out of the shadows. "Hmph, old man, this...thing under estimated me. I have no problems with you old man, but this one needs to die," Datenshi says as he begins to leave. "Because if you don't I will!" Datenshi begins to disappear into the shadows.
 
"Seems you have another side to you then expected, well I do to but I don't have the power to activate it at will. So your just going to have to deal with this side of me," Vannaka says gripping his sword.
 
"Did.....did....he just call me an old man!?" Mahiko says, barely able to keep his temper.
 
"Are you really an old man?! You seem much younger," Vannaka says.
 
"I'M ONLY 26 GOD DAMNED YEARS OLD!!!!"
 
"Anyway, back to business," he says as he points his sword at Datenshi. "Get ready because here I come!" Vannaka says as he charges toward him with his sword in a position to where he would swing upward from the right.
 
As Datenshi begins to vanish among the night he sees Vannaka trying to attack him.

"Look before you leap. I control the darkness, and the darkness is everywhere," he says as he vanishes completely.
 
"Control darkness eh? Then I will just have to get rid of it," Vannaka says as he sticks his sword in the ground and places his amulet around his neck. "Engulf, &(@!$%!" he shouts as he is surrounded by light and grabs his sword again. "Now try to get me Dark user!"
 
Datenshi looks around him slowly and then turns his attention to Vannaka. "My my, you are the smart one. Stopping me from leaving, oh whatever will I do. Maybe a little lesson if anything. There would be no Light if there was no Darkness. There would be no Darkness if there was no Light. The two can not exist without the other. And yet they wish to fight each other. So, what are you? The Darkness or the Light"
 
"We are the light, you are the dark! Where two lights shine, a single darkness shall fall!" Mahiko says, followed by him creating his own light using fire. "This would be check, I believe."
 
Datenshi looks at the two carefully. "Looks like I know when I'm beat," Datenshi says with a smug." But don't underestimate the Darkness. I don't care how many times good wins, the darkness never loses because no matter what; envy, hate, anger, and greed will always live. And with that so will Darkness"

Datenshi looks at the two and sheaths his sword. He puts his hand in front of him and takes the light away from everything and vanishes.

"I will return soon though for I am just a bounty hunter seeing how strong my opponents are. And they seem quite strong," Datenshi's lingering voice says among the wind.
 
"It's true what he says," Mahiko says lightly while smiling. "But the same can be said for the light. Hope is always around, and love, the most powerful force, can not be squelched. Well Asterisk, you should continue your fight."
 
"Mahiko, I know its true what he says, but he wont get far, Zlarex is always around when darkness is used at its fullest," Vannaka says, turning to face Amalgum. "Where were we?"

~With Datenshi~

"You got spirit kid," Says someone leaning against a wall.

"Who the hell are you?" Datenshi says turning to face him.

"I am the White Death, but call me Zlarex Kiino, I hold enough Darkness in me that you could never imagine, follow under me and I will give you a portion of that power," Zlarex says trying to be persuasive.
 
"Power? And if I follow you I will become stronger you say," Datenshi smirks.

Zlarex looks at Datenshi's eyes and sees the darkness in him. "Well of course. Why would I lie and lose a powerful ally? So what do ya say?"

"I'm listening."
 
"Follow me, I will take you to some......comrades of mine," Zlarex says shuttering at that last part since he hates being ordered.

Datenshi starts to follow and looks at his scythe. "Done any killing with that?" he asks.

"Yes, if you get on my bad side you might die to it," Zlarex says not turning and still advancing.
 
"And you will do to know I do not like to be look down on," Datenshi says angrily.

"And it would be wise not to make me angry," Zlarex replies.

Datenshi follows him and notices something that the darkness within him is strong.
 
"Don't waste your breath kid. this energy you since inside me can only be controlled by its master, remember what I told you, I will give you some of this if you do as I say," Zlarex says moving toward him.

"How did you know what I was thinking?!" Datenshi asks looking surprised.

"Don't underestimate a Dark Lord," Zlarex says with an evil grin, showing him his pale eyes.
 
"A dark lord! You truly do understand what the darkness is," Datenshi says with wide eyes. "Well lead the way my lord."
 
 
"Where have you been Zlarex?" Hidalgo says looking angry.

"Don't be so sour man! I just acquired another member for the little party of ours later," Zlarex says trying to agitate him.
 
"What party? Datenshi asks.
 
 
"Hmm," Zlarex laughs slightly. "The party? I meant plan, the plan to destroy those people." Zlarex says as he turns to face Datenshi.

~Back with the heroes~

"Where were we?" Vannaka says as he charges Amalgum gripping his sword. "Zlarex, I will come for you soon..."

~Back with Zlarex and Evil Party~

"Sounds good. What's the plan and when are we going to kill them," Datenshi says

"Soon enough, but, when the time comes, that demonic you were fighting is mine," Zlarex says.

"Oh yes, didn't you say you would give me a portion of your power?" Datenshi asks.

"Yes, and I don't like to lie so..." Zlarex says as a small black drop formed on his finger tip.

"That hardly seems enough."

"Don't underestimate the power of the Fountain of Hijimaru," Zlarex says as he places the drop to his fore-head. And as soon as Zlarex did that, Datenshi feels a white-hot searing pain all through out his body.

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!"

"You should feel 10x times more powerful with that later," Zlarex says as Datenshi writhes on the ground screaming in pain.
 
A few minutes later, the pain wracking Datenshi ceases. "Wha-what was that power? What was that power..."
 
"The power of Dark Matter from Croft, the Demonic Realm. Once you touch it, you cannot be set free. You will soon learn how to use it, if you can survive it that is."

"Survive?" Datenshi asks.

"If you feel anything that wants you to turn to the light, and accept it, you will die, so stay in eternal darkness."
 
"So.....what's the plan?" Datenshi says as he gets up slowly and dusts off his coat.
 
"I don't really know, that for one of the council members to decide, and we don't attack till we are ordered by the leader," Zlarex says shrugging with a grin.
 
"And this leader is?" Datenshi says looking around.
 
"That would be me," Hidalgo says behind Datenshi. A startled Datenshi draws his blade to fight off the newcomer but is met with the business end of a very large scythe. "My name is Hidalgo Manicotti, and unless you want to be torn to shreds I recommend that you step down."

~Back at the battle with Amalgam~

"Why can't we do anything to him!" shouts Staim as he hacks away at Amalgam's legs.

"I'm not sure. But this is getting monotonous," Syriantus says as she hurls magic after magic at Amalgam.

"Hey everyone!" Raryn shouts. "I think Ashura's awake!"

"Raryn!?" Mahiko shouts in surprise. "Where have you been for the past I don't even know how long."

"I was over here embedded in the wall ," Raryn replies. "But as I was saying, Ashura's awake and he is doing something weird."

"Weird by how," Vannaka asks while he dodges Amalgam's attacks.

"POWER BESTOWED UPON ALL!" Ashura shouts as pillars of light surround the party. "AKUMA! GRANT US POWER TO DEFEAT OUR ENEMY!" As the light intensified the heroes appearances changed.
 
Raryn's hair changes to a bright platinum blond and his clothes change. He is suddenly garbed in a deep red armor with a flowing golden cape. Even his trusty guitar changes shape, it becomes shaped like a large stringed mace.
 
As the beam of light falls upon Syriantus, her skin becomes a glowing white, as pure as the snow. Her hair becomes as white as her skin. And her robes turn to a fiery red, with orange and yellow shooting up and down the sides. Her staff burns up and in its ashes, a stave and dagger are found, each with a fiery design built into them. Syriantus picks up the stave and dagger and slips the stave into her robe and readies her dagger.

She first begins chanting an ancient spell to focus her energy and center it on her dagger, then she begins summoning a giant fireball in her right hand.
 
Mahiko's transformation was slightly different. He more or less became one with his power. Completely engulfed in flame, one could only recognize him if they knew his body structure.
 
For Staim, the beam of light hits him and changed his weapons and clothes. His dagger grew to the length of a short sword and both his new weapon and his cutlass sharpen to such an edge that it is impossible to see. The light clothes him in garments of blood red and a flowing red cape. And to finalize the transformation, a wide brimmed hat adorned with gold lands upon his brow.

"Foul beast," he shouts at Amalgum. "Feel the might of Staim!"
 
As for Vannaka he felt a little different, his eye began to shine a pale white, and a light emerged from his mouth, suddenly a light surrounded his entire body. As the light vanishes, Vannaka takes the appearance of a Kyite type demonic. Vannaka opened his eyes, and at that moment all of the loose dust in the room shoots to the walls.

"So this is your Gate-Keeper appearance eh?" Amalgum said without knowing what he was getting into.

"Don't act so hasty as to underestimate a Gate-Keeper," Vannaka says with power in his voice. "For this has only begun, I was planning on waking up much later, sorry Zlarex.. I will probably not live against you now," Vannaka says to himself as he appeared quickly enough behind Amalgum as if there were two of him.

"This wont end very well," Amalgum says as he takes a blow from Vannaka, sending him to the wall with great speed.
 
"No it won't Amalgum," Raryn says appearing on his shoulder. "Oh, and I apologize for what I did before and for what I am going to do." He starts to play his new guitar. "I can control the frequency of sound now, you will now have your ears destroyed and your body paralyzed." The sound from his guitar is nonexistent, but it is noticeably obvious that he is playing.

"Ahhhh!" Amalgum shouts as he shoots up and begins to smash his head against the rock wall.

"Also, take this!" Raryn shouts as he bashes his guitar-mace into Amalgum's kneecap, breaking it and causing him to fall.
 
"What do you think we should do with him?" Vannaka says as he appears next to Raryn in the blink of an eye placing his sword back in its sheathe, power still erupting from him.
 
"Well what I think is....." Raryn starts.

"I am Staim!" Staim shouts and charges toward the toppled Amalgum.

"We let him have his go at Amalgum."
 
 
"That explains why he jumped on a crippled man..." Vannaka said in an awkward position.

"Man, how long does that energy around you last?" Raryn asked

"Well I keep this form for the rest of my life but, this immense power thing I am experiencing right now only lasts for two days then I go back to my original strength. But since I have acquired Kyite abilities I don't think I will return to anything like my original state, I don't even feel as confident about fighting Zlarex now," Vannaka says looking a little worried.
 
"Ah, what do you have to worry about," Raryn says as he watches Staim continue to pummel Amalgum. "If you could do that to Amalgum, then your brother is nothing."

"I guess your right," Vannaka replies. "Do you think that we should stop Staim."

"Nah, this is fun to watch."
 
 
Unlike the others, Mahiko finds a difference in himself with his new power. He jumps in knocking Staim backwards as he charges at Amalgum.

"W-What are you doing!?" demands Amalgum. Mahiko turns to him and gives him a look so frightening that even Amalgum backs down.
 
Mahiko then progresses to swat Amalgum away with the flick of a finger. "You are pathetic! Where is that power you just had! Are you scared of these pathetic mortals."

All the while, Syriantus is silently gathering magical energy to herself.

"Everyone out of the way!" Syriantus shouts as she readies the fire ball in her hand. "Take this Amalgum!" she shouts as she throws it toward him as he picks himself up.

"Pathetic attempt," Mahiko says as he absorbs the flame. "Now where was I.......yes, here Amalgum, I'll heal you."

"He absorbed my Alchemist's Flame," Syriantus shouts angrily. "How dare you."

"This could be a bad thing," Raryn says. "Looks like our friend just turned traitor on us."
 
"I will take him," Vannaka says taking his sword.

"Wait up, don't do it yourself, that's just stupid," Syriantus says to him, punching him in the head.

"Very well, group effort then?"
 
"Hmph, they are not to be taken lightly. Very well then, Amalgum, I shall grant you power from the demon god Akuma!" Mahiko says evaluating the situation.

Amalgum, now having over twice as much power, is up to par with the others.

Also, rather then drawing his sword, he focuses fire in his hand and shapes it into a sword and forces it together with such pressure that he creates a solid blade of pure fire.
 
 
"Wasn't it Akuma that granted us this new power?" Syriantus asks.

"Well that would explain why Mahiko went crazy," Raryn says.

"Uh, can we have this conversation later," Vannaka says. "Maybe after we do something about the fire sword wielding enemy we now have to face."
 
 
~Meanwhile~

"Ehhh? This looks interesting," Zlarex says with a grin looking down on the fighters. "I better observe this, at least entertainment is better then being told what to do all the time," Zlarex says as he leans against the wall.
 
"Yeah I know what you mean Zlarex," Hidalgo says sitting next to Zlarex. "Sometimes entertainment is good to soothe the soul."

"When did you get here?" Zlarex says.

"A moment or so ago, but that does not matter. Notice anything different about them?"
 
"It seems like they got powers from the fighter's god Akuma or something, and it triggered Vannaka's Gate-Keeper abilities, and I would enjoy destroying that kind of power," Zlarex says with his arms crossed and licked some blood off his lip.
 
"All in due time, all in due time," Hidalgo says. "If they can overcome this hurdle, then they are worthy to face us in combat."

"There you go again," Zlarex says. "Choosing what is going to happen without consultation from anyone. That will get you killed one day."

"It might, but it has yet to happen."
 
"What's going on, I sensed extremely elevated powers!?" Okiham says as he appears with them.
 
"Our little puppets are dancing to the strings that they have been set to them," Hidalgo says.

"In a way we can understand please," Okiham says.

"Oh fine, it sort of happens when you live for as long as I have," Hidalgo says. "It means that everything is going according to plan, and if they can overcome this, then we can finally have our fun."
 
"But their power levels are beyond what we had anticipated at this point! And we know they are only going to get stronger in the fight against us!" Okiham exclaims.
 
"So, all the more fun we get to have facing them," Hidalgo retorts. "Are you scared Okiham?"
 
"Fools," he mutters under his breath as to not be heard, and just continues to watch the fight.
 
 
~Back down at the fight~

"Vannaka go for Mahiko, Staim go for Amalgum, Syriantus provide backup support with your magic," Raryn says dictating out jobs.

"And what will you do Raryn," Vannaka asks.

"Give me a moment," Raryn says as he brings his guitar out and plays a short melody creating a shadow version of himself. "Now I can help on both sides."

"Good then," Staim says. "Now have at you Amalgum!"

"What he said Mahiko!" Vannaka says.
 
"And what are you to do to me? Attack me with a mortal sword made of metal? Mwhahahahahaha!!" Mahiko laughs at Vannaka.

"And Raryn, did you know that sound waves are directly affected by heat, especially heat from fire? Your guitar is useless against me!"
 
"Ah, but I don't need sound to beat you Mahiko," Raryn says as he unstrings his guitar. "This is a mace of godly power, not even your fire can melt it."

"And my sword is not mortal made," Vannaka says. "It is of demon forged. Fire is almost useless against it."

"Well, we shall see then," Mahiko says as he readies himself.
 
 
Vannaka begins to move as though he has just cloned himself around Mahiko. "Not even you could live after this," Vannaka says as he hits him in a way to send him in the air. Vannaka appears right beside him in the air and hits him as hard as he could, sending him back to the ground.

"Impressive move Vannaka, but," Mahiko says right before he hits the ground. Mahiko hit the ground but turned into fire right before landing and turned back into his devil self. "Look, not even a scratch."

"Damn..." Vannaka says under his breath.
 
 
"Oh, and also, you move way too slow!" Mahiko smirks, "Whereas I had not yet mastered the 100 hit flash before, I am now the master of the 1000 hit flash!" Mahiko disappears and milliseconds later, so do the clone of Raryn. But upon closer inspection one could see that the clone did not disappear at first, just got sliced into a 1000 pieces. "Hmph, simple. I wonder if I can do 10000... Oh, yes, and Vannaka I would be careful with your sword, metal is metal no matter who or how it was forged, fire can melt it. Especially my fire," he says with another evil smirk.
 
 
Syriantus is standing in the background chanting in an ancient tongue, a spell that strengthens her ally's natural abilities. After she finishes that, she begins a simple spell to make the room more humid.

"Mahiko, do you truly enjoy being the puppet of Fire? Have you so easily forgotten all the fond times we've shared since I first found you and Raryn in that bar. All the fun times we had watching each other get drunk and make fools of ourselves?" asks Syriantus once Mahiko pauses in his attacking.
 
"But mortal memories they are," Mahiko says. "I need them not."
 
"Very true, your fire could probably melt my sword. But, not if I do this!" Vannaka says as he grabs his amulet and places it on top of the purple gem near the guard of the sword, the amulet shines a white color and the blade and hilt begin to shine. "Holy spell number 10, Algarea's sword!"

"Algarea is the god of the Demonics, his weapons can never be destroyed."

"This will be fun, a god versus a devil," Mahiko says with a laugh.
 
"A devil? You call yourself a devil?"

"No, I am THE DEVIL! Son of Akuma and rightful heir to his throne in the underworld! 'Mahiko's' presence lives deep within me. I am no longer him. Also, my powers hold a direct link to Hell and therefore are near limitless, I will never tire in battle!"
 
"Very well, Son of Akuma was it? Never heard of him, we have some one in my realm who goes by that what you are, his name is Zlarex. He is said to go by son of Gilmotesh, the Devil of our world, but if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you get," Vannaka says as power began to erupt greater then before.

"Make your move," Mahiko says holding his sword of fire.
 
 
"See, this is why I never liked religions," Raryn says to Syriantus. "Too many things to think about. Isn't that right Raryn!"

"Yes, that is correct Raryn," another Raryn says while attacking Amalgam with Staim. "Way to many things to think about."

"And the way they try to make you live your life," another Raryn says on the other side of Syriantus says. "I'm just happy knowing that I am alive."

"How can you do that?" Syriantus asks.

"Oh this," all three Raryns says at the same time. "It is called a solid illusion. Two of us are just figments of your imagination that can hurt things."

"That makes no sense," Syriantus says.

"Who cares, with this I can help on all fronts. Now, Amalgam, Mahiko, have at you!" the Raryns continue to attack their enemies.
 
 
"Hmph, very well then I shall clone myself as well. However my clones are true objects, not tricks of the mind." Four new 'Mahikos' appear making a total of five. "They are made of fire, but they posses their own brains based off of mine. This also means that they have slightly different personalities which could make them fun to hang out with."
 
"This wont end well, I wish I had a spell that could release enchantment spells. Anyway, since you cloned your self I might as well kill them off," Vannaka says as the energy around him forms into wings making him much faster then he is now.
 
"You can slice us all you like, our bodies are made of fire!" the Mahiko clones say together.
 
"Who said anything about slicing you?" Vannaka says as he starts to spin his sword around in the air while shooting water up through the blade creating rain all around.
 
"Ah, very nice, but you will need a MUCH heavier down pour to get rid of my clones, and no amount or kind of water can affect me!" Mahiko says.
 
"Wasn't really planning for a complete down pour. That was just a distraction," Vannaka says as another Vannaka appears out of nowhere, using a full swing firing a tsunami of water at the Mahiko's

"A clone?!"

"Nope I'm just to fast for you," he says as two more tsunamis come charging at them.
 
"Useless!" the Mahikos shout as the tsunami hits then, evaporating in an instant. "All your attempts are useless!"

Then one of the clones lurches forward and dissipates to the ground.

"Useless, I think not," Raryn says brandishing his mace. "That seemed to work quite nicely."
 
"I'm not finished yet," Vannaka says charging at them using a full swing sending each of them to the wall destroying the clones. "Just one left."
 
"Or so you thought," Mahiko says, or an army of Mahikos say surrounding Vannaka and Raryn.

"Well that didn't go as planned," Raryn says. "As a matter of fact that went horribly."

"Feel the might of Staim!" Staim shouts as he barrels through the Mahiko clones. "They each only hold a fraction of his power, strike while you can!"
 
"Then let it be an army versus another army," Vannaka says as he starts to move fast enough to generate as many clones-like things as Mahiko. "It starts now Mahiko."
 
 
"Enough with the clones!" Amalgam shouts. "I'm tired of being forgotten in the background. I demand respect."

"Here is some respect!" Syriantus shouts as she passes her hands through magical figures. "Light spell 1: Radiant light entrapment!" she shouts and a cage of light entraps Amalgam. "Fire spell 43: Internal combustion!" Amalgam's body starts to convulse and expand. "Ice spell 71: Crystallized air!" the area around Amalgam becomes solid ice, trapping Amalgam's exploding body in a tomb of ice. "Air spell 99: Explosive decompression!" the ice encasing Amalgam shatters and the force of air entering the space causes Amalgam's body to explode upon itself destroying him and nothing else.

"How was that for an exit with a bang," Syriantus says with a look of satisfaction.

"Well, that sure was one way to get rid of someone," a Raryn clone says next to Syriantus. "Just remind me not to get on your bad side now."
 
"Hehe, foolish!" Mahiko says as he absorbs the remains of Amalgum and his power, and as he does so the flames around him changed blue. "Ah yes, the blue flame. No mortal has ever seen anything hotter then a blue flame. But as the Devil God, I know there are two steps beyond it, two fires so hot no mortal could ever dream of it."
 
"Oh really," Raryn says. "You mean the black flame and the white flame correct?"
 
"I'm impressed old friend, when did you learn of such powers?" Mahiko asked intrigued and somewhat excited that someone actually knew.
 
"Oh, you know me Mahiko," Raryn says. "Always moping around in ancient ruins and reading ancient texts and listening to old people relate their tales of their culture and stuff."

"Well that would explain some things," Mahiko replies.

"Oh, it also provides a suitable distraction in order to catch someone off guard," Raryn says as another Raryn jumps on top of Mahiko. "I love doing that."

"Useless!" Mahiko shouts as he burns the Raryn to cinders. "Enough with clones, just come at me already so we can see who is stronger. Me, or you guys."
 
 
"If you want us then let the final battle begin." Syriantus replies as she begins chanting in an ancient tongue so fast it cannot be understood. "Water spell 56: Water Sphere!" shouts Syriantus as giant water bubbles, twice the size of anyone in the room, fall down and begin bouncing around quickening in speed. "Water spell 13: Water drenching." Suddenly a large downpour of water comes out of no where and drenches the area.

Syriantus hides behind a bubble and begins to chant again, though this time it is a much more arcane tongue.
 
 
Some of the Vannaka's start to slip as they are fighting the Mahiko's but Vannaka improvises. "I can't keep slipping like this," he says to himself as he swings his blade toward his feet and they begin to heat up. "Now that that's over time for something that will direct some power onto each of them." he says as he and three other Vannaka's swing their blades creating several tornados.
 
"I said enough with the clones!" Mahiko shouts as he sends a wave of power toward the Vannakas, forcing them back into one. "That should do it."

"I'm back!" Raryn shouts as he charges Mahiko from his blind spot with his mace.

"Useless!" Mahiko shouts as he swipes Raryn away.

"I am Staim!" Staim shouts as he closes in on Mahiko thanks to Raryn's distraction, catching Mahiko off guard and slicing through one of his legs. "Take that foul beastie!"
 
Mahiko raises an eyebrow, "Was that supposed to hurt me?" He asks as his leg grows back. "Only one thing can defeat me, and only one of you have the power to use it. And I'm not about to tell you either part of the nearly infinite possibilities of the combination!"
 
"Crap the tornados didn't work," Vannaka says as he gets to his feet again after being knocked over. "I have not even been making clones so how can I stop?" Vannaka says as he starts to move faster then he did when he made the army, making it seem as though there were twice as many as before. "Stop using your sad excuse for magic and face me for real now Mahiko!"
 
"You want a taste of my true Power!?!?!" Mahiko shouts, "THEN HAVE IT!!!" Mahiko turns white, and an explosion of white fire comes shooting out him like a wall in the shape of a dome expanding toward the walls of the room they were in.
 
"Wow, fire... like I haven't seen that before..." Vannaka says in a sarcastic voice while rubbing his forehead from the immediate sweat that came off from the immense heat. "As you know, I am using the power of our god, so myself along with my blade are well protected for the time being, as long as this spell holds, so in the mean time I will show you my power!" Vannaka says as his pail eyes turn a bright blue color, holding his sword with two hands for the first time in a while, energy exploding from him. "Here I come! Fire Beast!"
 
 
And thus begins the very long and slow charge of two overly powerful beings heading toward each other each wielding a destructive technique. Vannaka with his mystic demon-forged blade and Mahiko with a fistful of white flame. It takes forever for the two to meet for the attack, but it happens.

"Take this!" Mahiko shouts as he strikes with his fire fist.

"And you take this!" Vannaka shouts as he attacks with his sword.

The resulting clash of super techniques detonates the area around the two combatants.

"You ever feel like we're here as place fillers Raryn," Staim says.

"It happens when you aren't the center of attention," replies Raryn. "But it still happens non-the-less."
 
 
As soon as their techniques collided, the walls surrounding them began crumbling down around them. They took no notice however and kept attacking each other.

Meanwhile Syriantus just finishes her chant, and a blinding light surrounds her. The light begins to concentrate itself down into her palm. She then gathering a the surrounding water into her other hand condensing it down as well. She begins to squeeze the two orbs together.
 
 
As the smoke around Vannaka and Mahiko clears, both fighters are still on their feet, if not a little worse for wear.

"Ha, got ya there," Mahiko says.

"You didn't completely dodge my attack either," Vannaka replies.

~Over on the sideline~

"I'm getting bored over here," Raryn says.

"Hey, just pull up a chair and watch the show," Stain says as he sits in a recliner. "It is safer."

"Might be. But I feel like doing something. I'm going," Raryn says as he opens a dimensional portal and enters it.
 
 
Vannaka starts to stare at Mahiko trying to locate some certain weak point, to finish him off. "I see you are almost to your senses." he says looking confident he's found a good spot.

"I wouldn't say so," Mahiko starts.
 
Mahiko, finally having a break from fighting, takes a look around. Raryn is gone, Staim is in a recliner, and Syriantus is concentrating some magical power.

For comedic purposes Mahiko creates a low power fireball and sends it at Staim's recliner catching it on fire. "HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now that's funny!"
 
"For being evil, he does have a sense of humor." Vannaka thinks looking at Staim with a slight laugh.
 
"My recliner!" Staim says. "He was so young and defenseless. Cut down in the prime of his life! You will pay for that! En Garde!" Staim charges toward Mahiko in a fit of angry rage over his chair.

"More fun," Mahiko says. "How nice." He proceeds to charge toward Staim. And as he is about to engage in a fight, he crashes into a door that appears out of nowhere in front of him.

"Hello?" Raryn says as he opens his inter-dimensional doorway and sees Mahiko on the ground. "Oh, that worked out better then I thought it would."
 
"I love good comedy in a fight," Vannaka says as he charges Mahiko with his sword in both hands.
 
Now would seem to be the perfect opportunity to unleash this, thinks Syriantus. While Mahiko is engaged in fighting Staim, and Vannaka, and Raryn; Syriantus begins to moves closer to Mahiko.

"Mahiko, demon child of Akuma. Through the powers left to this world by the oldest race, I banish your power from this world. Holy Spell 17: Purging Angel!" Just then the sphere that she was carrying Grew larger and encompassed Mahiko only.
 
Staim recoils and rolls sideway avoiding the sphere. He stands up amazed by Syriantus's use of magic. "Tis quite entertaining to see Mahiko in a bubble like environment," chuckles Staim.
 
With in seconds of agonized yelling, the demonic fires were squelched by the only thing that could possibly do so, holy water. Afterwards an unconscious Mahiko lay there looking dead.
 
Staim walked over and hoisted Mahiko onto his back. Then he props his body up against a wall near by. "Well what now?''
 
"Well," Raryn starts. "I say that we rest awhile here where it is safe."

"You sure it is safe," Vannaka asks as he brings the still unconscious Ashura to the group. "And I can not believe he is still out of it."

"Of course it is safe. The RDF fled once their god fell."

~On the roof of the citadel~

"I'll be back in a moment," Hidalgo says as he starts to disappear. "I must do something about Ashura."

"Ok," Okiham and Zlarex say.

~Back inside~

"Everything will be fine," Raryn says as Hidalgo appears and stabs Ashura through the chest with his scythe.

"Take that betrayer," Hidalgo says as he disappears again.

"I thought you said it was safe Raryn," Vannaka says as he watches all signs of life leave Ashura.

"Well I did not take into consideration them," Raryn replies. "But don't worry, we'll take revenge for our fallen comrades. But we must first rest. We will search for them tomorrow."