Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Girl ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Twelve: Day Dream ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Dream

Thursday Morning

-Fumio-

I had a lonely childhood. The neighborhood I grew up in barely had any other kids. My parents were self-centered people. They still are, believe it or not. It was worse when I was kid.

Sure, I had many toys. However, they weren't so fun with no one else around. My parents didn't help. Dad was almost never home. My mom worked, but I couldn't remember where. Either way, they were on the phone almost all of the time. I couldn't get in a single word.

Summer was the worst. Most of the kids in my neighborhood went to the beach or countryside for their vacation. Me? The concept didn't exist in our house. My summers involved school and home.

“Mama, why can't we go to the beach?” I asked when I was six years old. Mom gave me a puzzled look.

“What do you mean?” she asked. I shuffled my little feet.

“I just want to go to the beach,” I said. Mom gave me a sympathetic look as she took hold of my cheeks.

“Aw baby,” she said. “I don't think we have the time.”

“Please?” I asked. Mom's smile made me feel so small.

“We will have to see,” she said. That was code for “no”. I was too naïve to grasp that. The dream of going to the beach died when I turned thirteen. There would be no family vacation. My parents only cared about work. Sure they fed and clothed me, but affection? Don't make me laugh. The cram schools and normal classes gave me more attention than they ever did.

My parents changed a little bit when Sui-Topii was born.

Our parents were still selfish people. Though, they did soften up to slow down to actually care. I hoped that mom and dad would've changed. Judging by the fact they dropped Sui-Topii off on me, I now knew I was mistaken.

This morning, I lay on my back and sighed. Sui-Topii didn't deserved that lonely misery I had growing up. I reached down and brushed aside her bangs.

“It's going to be okay,” I whispered. “I'm going to stay be you for the whole summer. I will make this the best summer of your life. I promise you that.” I kissed my little sister on the forehead. I leaned back against the wall and broke down crying at my own lonely memories.

Thursday