Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ Back to Black ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back to Black

She was hard to track. I don't mind. We love a challenge. And this one… Whew, boy! How many years have we done this? It doesn't matter. We're going to do it again.

“I found them.”

“Good. You know what to do.”

“Yes.” I clicked off my radio. Time to get to work again. I jumped up and vanished into thin air.

My target is a teenage girl. Ah, so this was the vessel. Interesting. I have questions. But those will come later. I loaded up my rifle. Time to go hunting.

---------

-Melissa-

It's just her. I can take her. But first, I had to dump the cargo. I took a look behind me. Reily tried to keep up.

“Can we stop?” she asked.

“No!” I shouted.

“At least tell me what's going on! Why are we running?!”

“They're here!”

“Who's here?!”

“Hell's bounty hunters.” I whipped around. I grabbed her by the face.

“Now stop asking questions. We have to keep going.” I looked Reily in her eyes. She still was confused. Suddenly, I paused. Oh shit.

“What is it?” Reily asked.

“Shush!” I started looking around the cramped alley. She started looking around too. I froze as I took a listen.

“There!” I whipped around.

“Hello ladies.”

-------

-Hunter #2-

I pointed my rifle at the girl. She started to back away. I snickered.

“Got ya!” I said. I pulled the trigger as the girl turned to run.

Whow!

A hazy green light blinded us all.

VIII