Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ Sloth ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sloth

-Reily-

I don't know where I am going. My chest hurts. I know that something is off. There's nothing out here. It's just me. I don't like this.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I looked behind me. Nothing. There is no one there. I puffed up my cheeks. This was a trap, wasn't it?

No.

I lifted my head. Great, now I'm hearing voices. How original. What was I doing? Oh right. I had to get out of here. I slowed down.

But how?

Look up.

I lifted my head. Wait… What is that?

Flames danced around in the distance. They looked so green, so pretty. I kept walking closer. And closer. And closer. And closer. So pretty…

I reached out for the lights. So warm…

Zap! Boom!

I vanished into thin air.

----------

-Melissa-

“What did you do” I asked. She threw back her head and laughed.

“Just sent the vessel through hell,” that bitch said. She tossed back her head.

“That was easy,” she said. “Maybe too easy! You coming quietly?”

I wrinkled my nose as I pulled out my sword. “You wish!” I charged with a yell. She chuckled at me.

“I should've known,” she said. She aimed her rifle as I got closer. I jumped up in the air.

Bang!

---------

-Reily-

The fog is no longer green. I remembered I was in a daze. Where am I? I looked up when I heard… snoring? I narrowed my eyes. That was really snoring. I slowly turned my head. There was a giant iron throne up ahead of me. The fog got clearer as I walked closer. I covered my mouth as I gasped. A fat, grotesque figure sat on the throne. It was sound asleep. Yes, I said it. This… creature wasn't a person. I found myself staring at it. What the hell? What the hell is that?

My body froze with a pulsing beat.

What… What is this? I… I… I can't move. Suddenly, the creature began to stir. It opened its eyes. The deep golden brown stayed locked on me.

Who goes there?

I couldn't speak. I tried to open my mouth.

Speak!

Who are you? I didn't open my mouth but my voice came out. The creature laughed.

I am the King of Sloth. Who. Are. You?

I tried to speak. I am the vessel. What? I tried to speak again.

I am the vessel. I am the vessel! I am the vessel! Why did I keep saying that? I… I…

The King of Sloth threw back his head and laughed.

So she chose you, huh? The king stood up. He drew in a breath. I still couldn't move. I didn't like where this was going. Oh boy…

He spat out a thick ball of black slime. I wished that I could've ducked or something. But whatever Melissa had inside of me wouldn't let me move. It somehow took control of my body and mouth. I could only shut my eyes.

Splat!

Everything vanished around me and turned black.

X