Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ The Good Day ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Good Day

-Quinn-

She's in pain.

I opened my eyes. I'm in a void. I don't remember how I got here. What happened to me? I tried to move. My body felt heavy. It's hurting me. Ow. Ow!

I can't stay here. She needs me. But I don't know where she is. I don't even think I am standing. Okay, okay. Come down. I need to think.

I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. Hey. I'm not so hungry here.

---------

-Reily-

Huh? There's someone looking for me. I tried to move my eyes. I couldn't see anything. My eyes. They burn! I could feel leaking down my cheeks. I think I was I was screaming.

“Hm. Your soul is tougher than I thought. Not a problem! We can keep going for eternity!” That laugh made me want to vomit. Those damned fingers ran across my exposed muscle. I gasped in pain.

-----------

-Quinn-

Get off of her! Let her go! I tried to get up. I went for my head. I won't stay lying here. I have to get up! I have to go to her! I have to get up! I have to get up!

I gritted my teeth as I tried to lift my head. I could finally look up. Okay. There was that. I shut my eyes and tried to move.

Come on. Come on! Move. Move! Move!

My left pinky finger began to move. Good! Good! Slowly I could move again. I was still sitting up. Her voice rang in my ears.

-----------

-Reily-

Reily? Reily?

I lifted my head. It sounded like that boy I saw earlier.

Where are you? I can hear you, but I can't see you.

“What?! Who are you? How did you get in here?”

Reily! I came to get you!

I don't even know you.

Does it matter? Here! Take my hand.

I can't move. I can't even see you.

Face forward.

“Stay back! I will not let you have her! The vessel is mine!”

Take my hand! Come on! You can do it!

“Get out of here!” Hissing and growling filled the air. You know what? Screw her! I reached in front of me.

“No! Get back here!”

Fuck off! A hand grabbed me and yanked me up. It all went quiet.

----------

-Melissa-

“Heh.”

That little hunter stared at me.

“What did you do?” she asked. I laughed.

“Oh you sweet summer child, you,” I said. I teleported behind her and grabbed her by the hair. She tried to get away but I wouldn't let up. For the first time, she panicked. I grinned.

“I didn't do anything,” I said. “She did that all by herself.”

Snap!

I dropped her body to the ground. Well that was entertaining. Now to get the cargo. I teleported out of the alley.

--------

-Reily-

I opened my eyes when I heard birdsong. What? Birdsong? I looked around. I was no longer in the space. I was home. Or at least I thought I was. Hard to tell.

I turned forward to see the boy I tried to help earlier sitting in front of me. He was pale and sweating as he breathed heavily.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah!” he said in between breaths.

“What's your name?” I asked.

“Quinn,” he said.

End