Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ We're Going to be Alright, Right? ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We're Going to be Alright, Right?

Reily awoke on a hardwood floor. Her body was still sore.

“Ow,” she mumbled to herself. The light was so bright she had to shield her eyes.

“Where am I?” the girl asked.

“Home,” a voice said. Reily jerked her head around. Melissa sat across from her.

“Yo,” she said with a wave. She held Quinn to her chest. Reily didn't know what she was seeing. She tried to form the words in her mouth. She laid back on the floor. Oh yeah. This was her apartment.

--------

Reily awoke to Quinn huddled over her moments later.

“Hey,” he said in a weak voice. Reily blinked for a moment.

“Quinn?” she asked. Her heart swelled with joy.

“It's you,” she said.

Spencer was asleep on the couch with a blanket on his body. Reily and Quinn sat across from each other on the floor. The boy trembled.

“What's wrong?” Reily asked. Quinn shifted in place.

“Is it over?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“Are you sure?”

“I don't know.”

“What happens now?”

“I don't know.”

“What do we do now?”

“Keep on, I guess.” Reily studied his face. Quinn looked like he was going to panic. On the surface, he looked normal. He was paler with white hair. There was a tint of red in his eyes. She reached out for his hand. He pressed his lips together.

“We're going to be okay, right?” Quinn asked. Reily looked at her hand.

“Honestly,” she said. “I have no idea.”

“Reily…”

“I'm not going to lie. I don't know. We're just going to have to just go with it.” She didn't sound so convinced. The words sounded so hollow. She looked down at her lap. However, her ears caught something that made her pause. She lifted her head.

“I'm sorry?” the girl asked.

“Can I kiss you?” Quinn asked. He sounded so sincere. Reily's face turned bright red.

“What?!” she asked. The boy was blushing now too. He lowered his head.

“Oh god! I'm so sorry!” he yelped.

“No,” Reily said. He looked up to see her shaking her head. Quinn stared blankly. She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. The boy froze. His heart pounded against his chest. This had to be a dream. If it was, he didn't want to wake up. Reily slowly pulled away. The pair didn't speak at first. Quinn's face turned bright red.

“Uh… Um…” he said. Reily cleared her throat.

“Was that too much?” she asked. Quinn gulped.

“Can you kiss me again?” he asked.

“Uh… sure!” Reily said. She leaned in and shared another kiss.

This is where their story will stop. However, it is not over yet. There will be more to come. More with Reily, Melissa, Spencer, and Quinn will be coming along. But for now, we will take a rest.

Melissa smirked to herself in the hall. She held up her hand and let little red sparks form in her hand.

“I wonder who he's going to send after us next,” she said. She giggled as the little flames jumped and sparked. Pops blended in with her laughter.

End