Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
"Alright, that was boring. What's the next number?" Joe asked his brother, Nick, after prank calling an old lady named Mae Webe. They were sitting in the basement of their home in New Jersey.
"Weber, John and Kelly. I get to pick the name for this one."
"Fine, but make it something that both a girl and guy could be."
"I know, I know.. Oh! How about Chris?"
"Sounds good. What's the number?"
"Nine oh eight seven nine nine twenty one fifty one." Joe dialed the number without looking at his phone. He and Nick had mastered the art of prank calling. Being bored was never an option for them.
"Ringing... still ringing... Hi! Mrs. Weber? Hi, is Chris there? This is Joe... we're in the same math class and I had a question on the homework... Great thanks!"
Joe's eyes widened in excitement and he put the phone on speaker, so Nick could hear both sides of the conversation. "Nick you're awesome! We got the right name!" They high-fived each other."
"Hello?"
--------------
Krysal was in her room, listening to her iPod and working on a history report when her mom walked in.
"Sweetie, Joe is calling to ask about math homework?"
"I don't....oh! Joe! Okay, thanks mom." Krystal knew thet there wasn't a Joe in her math class, but she was bored, and figured she would let this guy have his prank calling fun.
"Hello?"
"Hey Chris. How are you?"
"Hey Joe. Yeah hold on... what number did you say you needed help with?" Krystal pretended to talk about math until she saw her mom in the garden outside.
"Ummm...."
"Okay, my mom's gone. My name's Krystal Weber, I'm 17, My favorite color is purple... anything else you wanna know?"
"Uh.."
"Look, I know you're prank calling me, I've done it before, so I know that you're really just waiting to see if one person will ever be cool about it."
"Humor me." Joe replied. Krystal left herr desk chair and plopped onto her bed, ready to talk to some stranger.
-------------
"I think you called this number because you were bored and you found it in the phone book. I think you asked for someone named Chris, cus you'd have a better chance of talking to someone, considering it could be a Christopher, Christine, Christina, or, in my case, Krystal. Am I right?"
Joe and Nick stared at the phone in amazement. No one had ever acted that way. Already, Joe liked this girl. "Y-yeah..." he stuttered.
"hmm... so this isn't your first time. Who's holding the phone book?" Neither Joe nor Nick answered. "Oh, come on, no on e ever prank calls alone. Who's there with you Joe?"
"Me." Nick said. "I mean, Nick."
"Hi Nick."
"Hi."
"So... what do you wanna talk about?"
"Well, Crystal..."
"Call me Krissy... Krystal's too formal."
"Okay.. Crissy. Wait.. is that c-r-i-s-s-y?
"No, K. Why do you ask?"
"Just wondering."
"Okay.. well what are your last names?"
"What's it to you?" Joe asked.
"Ohh.. 'it' huh? So you're brothers? That's cool. I'm an only child. And I deserve to know, cuz you know my last name."
"Yes, but we only know yours cuz it's in the phone book. Only child... interesting. I have 3 brothers."
"Names?"
"Kevin, Nick, and Frankie."
"Any sisters?"
"Nope."
"Ouch... tell your mom I'm sorry."
"Hey!" Nick yelled out.
"What? There are 3 boys next door, and their mom seems so stressed all the time. And that's only three, there are four of you."
"We're not that bad..."
"Of course not. I mean, you only spend time prank calling random people." Krissy replied, sarcasm dripping from her words.
"i thought you said you were cool with it."
"Oh, I am... but what about... Mae Weben and Jane Webell?"
"Jane didn't pick up and Mae was old.. I'm guessing you're looking at a phone book?"
"Mhmm... so you guys still haven't told me what your last name is."
"I don't think that we should..." Nick trailed off.
"I agree." Joe said.
"Why not? It's not like I'm gonna.. wait a minute.. Kevin, Joe, Nick, Frankie... New Jersey phone book..." Both Joe's and Nick's eyes widened. Was she about to figure it out?!
"So, Krissy, what are your hobbies?" Nick quickly asked, hoping to distract her.
"Don't even, Nicholas." She said. Then she started mumbling. "Well, I could be wrong, but, come on, four kids with those names?"
"Um..Krissy? You're muttering..." Joe said, slightly worried.
"Okay, I'm just gonna come right out with this. Are you Jonases?" Neither Joe nor Nick responded, and a few seconds later, they heard Krissy gasp. "You are! Wow, really? I honestly did not see that coming."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're not gonna go all 'fan' on us?" Joe asked.
"No. Why would I? You get enough of that everywhere else, It must be annoying. Besi des, who said I was a fan?"
"No one... but yeah, it is annoying."
"Well, aren't you two lucky? Finally, a girl who's not going crazy over the fact that you're talking to her on the phone."
"Yes, very lucky. I'll go get Kevin. He told us to let him talk to the person who went with the prank.. if that person even existed." Nick said.
"Cool. So Joe..."
"So..."
"Hey! You can't pull a 'so..' on me! This is your prank call!"
"Well, I didn't expect anyone to stay on the line this long! I'm not prepared for this!"
--------------------
Krissy took out a notebook and started doodling.
"I'm disappointed, Joe. You should be ready for anything."
"Well, I'm so sorry."
She laughed. "You should be." Then she heard movement. "Uh.. Joe? What's going on?"
"Hold on... sorry. Okay, Kevin's here."
"Hey Krissy, I'm back." Nick said.
"Hey Nick. Hi Kevin, I'm Krissy."
"Um... hi. So Nick told me that you're the first cool person they've prank called."
""I guess I am. They told me you thought I wouldn't exist."
"Well, I didn't. There aren't that many people who are okay with random people calling the,. So hi, it's nice to meet you... over the phone."
Krissy laughed at this. "Hi. I must admit, though, I thought that if two of you would be prank callers, it would have been you and Joe, seeing as Nick seems so shy."
Keven started laughing.
"So you are a fan..." Joe said.
"Gee, thanks, Krissy." Nick said sarcastically.
"Aw, don' take that the wrong way. Shyness can be a good thing in some cases."
"I'm hoping I'm one of those cases..."
"Oh, don't worry, you are. You need to be the quiet one who controls his crazy brothers."
"True." He said, laughing.
"Hey!" Kevin and Joe said together.
"Geez, chill. You two need to be overly outgoing for the fans."
"Oh..."
"Well, Krissy, I should go. I smell food." Kevin said.
"Oh! I'm going too. See ya... or... no, that doesn't work. Bye, Krissy!" Nick said. Krissy then heard movement, and a loud thump. She guessed it was Joe who was laughing.
"What happened?" she asked.
"Kevin and Nick tried racing. You figure out the rest." Joe replied.
"Wow."
"Yeah, well, I should probably go too."
"Sure. Don't wanna let your stomach go empty for some girl you don't even know."
"Okay.. well, what would you say if I told you I'd prank call you same time tomorrow?"
"Sounds good. But call my cell... my mom might think you're retarded or something if you keep calling for help with the 'math homework'. Um, this number you're using... is that your home or no?"
"It's my cell... but wait! I thought I set it to restricted.."
"Nope. Failure!!" Krissy teased.
"Great... okay so give me your cell."
"Can I really trust you with something so precious as my phone number?"
""Krystal...."
"Fine, fine. nine oh eight two one three, oh eight five seven."
"Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow."tomorrow."
"Okay. Bye, Joe."
"Bye!"
Krystal hung up the phone, still shocked that she had been talking to the Jonas brothers. She couldn't wait for the next day, when they'd all talk again.