Other Fan Fiction ❯ Blog Project ❯ Blog Project ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

http://www.firstscience.com/site/articles/self.asp
This article is about volcanoes that erupted from hundreds of thousands of years ago to the present. It goes on to explain how lava helped to form the landscape and how some of the places that marine life inhabits today was carved out by the super heated lava. It also goes on to tell us about how lava also might have caused mass extinctions of several kinds of animals.
 
http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/research/so2/article.html
This article talks about the global effects that explosive volcanoes have on our world. It goes on to explain how researchers determine which factors are important so that they can figure out what will follow the eruptions.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The articles that I have read have been about explosive volcanoes and the effect that they have on our natural environments. I say that these people are over reacting, changes such as the temperature decreasing 0.5 degrees, according to Ian E. Sprod, is a natural change that we have no control over and the species that it helps along the path of extinction is something that will eventually happen, no matter how hard we try to change that fact.
 
Even though I say all this, I can't help but agree with them on some things. For one, they say that lava helped to carve out the world we live on today, and I have to agree. Another thing I agree with them on is that the gases that the volcanoes release during eruptions is sometimes more toxic and dangerous than the lava and eruption itself.
 
 
By: ShadowChild