Other Fan Fiction ❯ Fear Itself ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Made for the episode “Fear and Loathing in Pleasantville.”
Fear Itself
 
Lori stared at the dark room, shaking her head.
“How on earth are scared of a movie monster when your room looks like this?”
Merton, who had happily been placing the shards left over from the phobist in place, jumped. Relief spread over him as he realized it was just Lori.
“Why do you people keep doing that? I'd think no one ever heard of knocking.”
She ignored the comment, staring over at his books and supernatural knick-knacks. “I mean, seriously. It's goth central here.”
He gathered the shards back together. “You're right. But it's not that movie monsters are my only fear.”
“Really?” She grinned, stepping over his albino snake to see what he was creating. “What else is there?”
“Well, you know. Basic phobias.”
She raised an eyebrow at his creation, but said nothing against it. “Right. Like what?”
“Agliophobia, for one. Not that you help with that any.”
“And what's that supposed to mean?”
“It's the fear of pain.”
She frowned. “And what does that have to do with me?”
“Besides the fact that you constantly threaten me, nothing.”
“So…” She leaned closer to him, smiling as he tensed. “You're afraid of me?”
“I suppose if it were a transitory property then yes.”
She grinned, pulling her arms around him. He cringed, glancing up when no pain came to him.
“See,” she said, “I'm not all bad. At times, I can even be cuddly.”
“Lori,” he answered, his brows arched up in surprise. “That is the last thing I would call you.”
She drew back, taking another long look around his “lair.” “I still don't get it.”
“Perhaps if we discussed it in full, perhaps over a milkshake at the Factory…”
“No.”
 
Notes:
That wasn't very good. I'm bored. And I'm still watching this show. I need to find all the episodes.