Other Fan Fiction ❯ Kin ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue

A/N: This is my first fiction so please be gentle. I don’t own The Wheel of Time or any of the characters except my OC.

-------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------

This starts in The Eye of the World after Rand and the others leave Shienar in search of The Eye of the World.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

As Rand and the others rode onward into the Blight, they were appalled at the smell of the God forsaken place. As everyone knows there is no one who lives in the Blight. But strangely there was someone or something riding towards them.

“Be ready, it may be a Trolloc,” Lan said in a quiet voice.

Perrin drew his axe while Mat nocked an arrow and Rand drew his blade. As the rider drew closer and closer it soon became clear that the rider was not a Trolloc. He was heavily armored, and also heavily armed. He wore a high necked breastplate with his helm attached to it. He also wore a pair of greaves and a pair of gauntlets.

His heavy leather under tunic was the only protection from chafing in uncomfortable places. As he passed he nodded respectfully to Moiraine. He looked at her warder and did a double take.

“Lan?!” he said startled.

He quickly dismounted his horse, removed his helm (his face bore a remarkable resemblance to Lan’s), and bowed on one knee.

“Your Majesty,” he said in an awed voice.

“Rise, Malkierian, I am not your king,” Lan said firmly

“But you are al’ Lan Mandragoran,” the rider said with a smile.

He raised his head and a flicker of surprise flashed across Lan’s face before it resumed the usual unemotional look. The smile remained fixed on the rider’s face. He got up off his knee, dusted off his greave, and stared Lan straight in the face.

“Long time, no see cousin,” Lan’s cousin smirked.

--------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
A/N: How do you like that? R&R please.