Other Fan Fiction ❯ Page 110 ❯ Page 110 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Page 110
VenusIsKnownForFlyTraps
 
 
Driving over 100 miles per hour, I was sure that my cheeks were probably bright red and my eyes livid. Quotes of Shakespeare and Plato and Sophocles about impatience and selfish joy and sin came up behind my eyes and nearly forced themselves out of my throat.
 
“Here we are!”
 
Slamming the breaks on the Salamander, it lurched to a halt and threw the other firemen forward and made them stumble and struggle to get up in their thick clothing. Glancing back, I could see Montag as one of the survivors of the stop. My grin widened.
 
“All right, Montag.”
 
In an instant I was at his side, pushing his elbow to get his shell-shocked form to move forward. We followed the other men to the plain, ordinary house that was a perfect carbon copy of all the other houses on the crowded street.
 
I hope this is what you wanted, my friend.
 
I saw Montag stop short after the others had clomped and stomped awkwardly up the walk.
 
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
 
I watched his face closely as the bulky black brows pulled together and his mouth gaped slightly. The confused look in his big, dark eyes glinted brightly. I suspected this glint was also due to knowledge, but one can never be sure.
 
“Something the matter, Montag?”
 
The glint became more prominent, and it changed to recognition. My face felt like it would tear, the smile stretched it so much.
 
“Why, we've stopped in front of my house.”
 
 
 
Page 110 of Fahrenheit 451 told in Beatty's point of view. I will always believe that Beatty could have been Montag's greatest ally, if only he'd been given the chance. Done for my English class. Fahrenheit 451 and the characters associated with it belong to Ray Bradbury.