Other Fan Fiction ❯ Wrong Kiss ❯ Wrong Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 1
 
Stand in the Rain; Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down.
 
Five months before, the hardest, scariest thing happened to me. I tried to stand there and smile, I even stayed for five seconds. But it was all too much. I was confused, I was hurt, I wanted to cry, I was embarrassed. No one would make a sound. They all stood around me, millions of people. Millions of people around New York Square witnessed it. And then there was the millions watching it on TV. All eyes turned to us Disney Stars. They all thought they knew who was going to kiss who. As that crystal ball slid its way down, with us counting, our spirits lifted higher and higher. We've accomplished so much this past year. The tour with JB, my best friends. The album, Don't Forget. And especially the movie that started all of this. Camp Rock.
 
You stand though the pain; you won't drown.
And one day what's lost can be found.
Stand in the rain
 
I remember that night. It was so cold, but of course, we loved the weather. We could all snuggle up with our boyfriends and watch the stars light up the holiday sky. We walked around, greeting people, smiling and taking pictures. I hugged my amazing boyfriend as all seven of us trudged along a frozen riverbank. “We FINALLY got away from them,” Selena sighed, taking out a cigarette and lighting it up. I hesitated, reaching out for one. “Demz, you sure? You're mom went crazy when she smelled smoke on your breath.” I laughed, remembering that day. I retreated my hand.
 
“She doesn't need to smoke. She's got one hot, steaming thing here,” Joe smiled, winking at me. We all laughed. Joe could make us all laugh. Nick did his little dance that meant we were all crazy, even though it made HIM look crazy. “Besides,” Joe looped an arm around my waist. “Smoking's bad for you. I love her sweet, natural breath.” I kissed him.
 
She never slows down
She doesn't know why
But she knows that when she's all alone, feels like its all
Coming down
 
“I love you,” I smiled. Before he responded, we all could hear the signal that it was almost time for countdown. We climbed up the hill, grabbing onto tree branches and shoving our feet into holes in the hill. It felt like rock-climbing. I was already afraid to do that. Joe swung his arm around me, reassuring I was safe in his arms.
“Guys, come on! We gotta get there for the kiss. The audience has been waiting for it for like, years now!” We laughed at Miley's comment. As we all ran to the crowd, we had hope, gleaming in our eyes, and pride of this year. So much has happened. Some for the worst, some for the best. Some of us tripped along the way, some of us laughed and did tricks as we ran for the big moment. But we all got there.
 
She won't turn around.
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries; that first tear
The tears will not stop; raining down
 
We took our place on the stage.
 
5
 
I looked to my left and saw Selena and Nick inching together. His hand entwined with hers and they smiled at each other. I always knew they'd get together. Selena was his kind of girl, shy, smart, very sweet. Exactly like Nick. She was messy and a little strange, but hey, who said Nick J wasn't?
 
4
 
Miley and Justin seemed cozy, arms wrapped around each other, swaying to the music in the background. Miley's hair looked amazing, kept under a knitted cap. Justin must have heard Miles humming, because he bent down and silenced her with a kiss. I smiled.
 
3
 
Kevin and Danielle were nowhere to be found. I think they were fighting. They've been doing that a lot lately. But it was only because, well, they were coming undone. I felt really sorry for Kevin. His brothers were in love and this seemed like the perfect New Year's Eve for everyone. But for Kevin, the year was starting off badly. I prayed that Kevin would find someone to love after all this again, before averting my eyes to the crystal ball.
 
2
 
My eyes searched for Joe. Where was he? It was almost time and I was getting worried. I undid my trembling hands. It was so cold out here. Pulling my jacket around me tighter, I decided to go look for him.
 
1
 
The kiss! Everyone dove for someone. “What? No!” I whispered, searching around franticly. Nick dipped Selena, there lips never departing. Justin picked up Miley and they kissed more.
 
And Joe had his hands entwined with Taylor Swift's, kissing her.
 
Stand in the Rain.