Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Careless ❯ Definitely Delusional ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cause I got this awesome,
Amazing crazy kinda crush on you
And though I try to forget you
It doesn't matter what I do
On my mind all the time,
It's a crime
I can't deny it's true
Cause I got this awesome,
Amazing crazy kinda crush on you
"Crazy Kinda Crush On You"(Jonas Brothers)
A/N: Ah, I'm trying one shot challenge fics! All centered on our favorite megane and his cute little convenient dupe… ah, I mean, scholarship student…:D
---
Definitely Delirious
Prompt three
---
Haruhi stuttered in shock, "K-k-kyouya-senpai!" she cried when she finally managed to form coherent words.
"I do not believe my name is an appropriate response to the question asked. I believe it is to be answered with either a yes or no, but I have also heard that in the event that the one being asked particularly dislikes the one doing the asking, it is answered 'Hell no.' So, I will ask you once again, will you, or will you not, go on a date with me?"
"A date? As in a boy-and-girl-who-like-each-other date? That kind of date?" Haruhi squeaked. She was staring at him in complete disbelief, and Kyouya couldn't blame her.
"Yes, Haruhi, I am talking about that kind of date." He fought the urge to hit something, and forced his anger down. For some reason he had delusions that she was not this dense, and had known his feelings. He'd made them extremely obvious the past few months with dinners and gifts, but it was entirely obvious that she just had not gotten it.
"I-I don't know, Kyouya-senpai..." She played with the hem of her t-shirt and stared down at her white cross-trainers.
She was shocked and confused, and Kyouya found that amusing. Haruhi Fujioka was almost never off her guard.
He briefly wondered if what he was doing constituted and madness, and if this was a hallucination resulting from it. It was quite possible. After all, he had gone out of his way (to her apartment) to approach her and ask. For Kyouya Ootori, going out of his way was almost unheard of. It was not normal and he was positive he should pinch himself just to make absolutely sure he was not dreaming.
Normal would mean waiting around until they were alone in the same room together, by chance of course, and then asking.
Normal would mean having a set time and place; not this spur-of-the-moment, out-of-nowhere, boom!-in-your-face inquiry.
This was not normal.
This was insanity and he should go directly to the hospital and ask to be committed to the psych ward.
"Kyouya-senpai?"
He looked down at the cause of his current distress, "Yes?"
"I would love to."
He blinked once in surprise, then hid it under a smirk. Kyouya Ootori could not show shock. That would constitute weakness.
As Haruhi took his hand, he began to believe that he was truly delirious.
---
A/N: As I re-read this, I find myself not seeing it as a one-shot, but more of a drabble type thing… Ah, well, shtick happens. Rave reviews along with constructive criticism are appreciated.