Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Careless ❯ My Sound ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blue doesEverything I’ve never seen beforeShe’s the answer to the prayerI hadn’t foundShe’s the answer to the silence-She’s my sound.Oh what a girl-Oh what a beautiful girlShe is.
-“Blue Does” (Blue October)

Title:
My Sound
Prompt: Blue Does-Blue October

Kyouya looked down at the tiny brunette in his arms. He struggled not to gap in awe. Not only would it be very un-Kyouya like, but he also did not feel that it would do the wonder of this girl justice. He smiled, slightly, as she curled up closer to his body, seeking warmth and comfort.
Large brown eyes opened and turned to look at him. They shimmered and he swore they laughed at him.
So tiny, he thought. How could one human being be so tiny and delicate and still survive? It wasn’t logical. But then, when had life ever been logical? There was once a time when he had thought life was, yet with the girl in his arms, he was quickly finding himself corrected. It was a rarity, but he took it with grace and accepted that not everything could be explained.
Six months he had had this girl, he mused; six months of pure, complete bliss.
He raised a hand, and gently caressed the side of her face. How long had he prayed for happiness such as this? He didn’t know. All he knew is that he never expected to find it in a human being; maybe his work, which did give him a sense of satisfaction, but never in her.
She opened her mouth, and he knew what was coming, but he didn’t back away and flinch as his father had done when he first saw her. No, he welcomed it with open arms, as the child he held screamed and cried.
Kyouya’s smile widened as he passed the child off to his wife, who was waiting with a bottle of formula. Haruhi looked up at him and whispered to their daughter, giving him a small smile.
The baby’s screams and his wife’s whispers filled that small, silent space in his heart that for so long, he had accepted and even was thankful for. He’d even prayed for people to leave him be so that he could treasure it. Now, he wasn’t sure he could live without the two most beautiful sounds in his world, and vowed never to take “alone time,” again.
Kyouya leaned against the door frame, and said, “Haruhi, I believe it’s my turn to feed her.”

A/N: Well, if you know the story behind that song, the twist was ruined for you at the end. :/ But I still hope you enjoyed it!