Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letter for Haruhi ❯ Chapter 8...Kyouya's Contemplative Night... ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Bisco Hatori owns OHSHC not I. But I get Kyouya if she ever gets rid of them!
 
 
 
Love Letter for Haruhi…by taterbean96
 
 
Chapter 8…Kyouya's Contemplative Night…
 
 
 
After arranging the final touches for the upcoming Friday night dance, Kyouya climbed into his cool bed, body and mind exhausted. Sleep did not come quickly for him, however.
 
Putting his hands up under his head, he grinned softly up into the darkness of his room, recalling the innocent awkwardness on Haruhi's face when she had read the third letter. She hadn't liked reading someone else's feeling for her in front of him. That was a good sign…
 
Of course she'd be wearing the blue scarf come Friday night. Haruhi's sense of pride would not allow her to just keep `he who penned the love letter' hanging. She had said it herself; Mori was her friend and he deserved to be met face to face when she put this issue to rest.
 
Kyouya was curious to see if his prodding would get Haruhi to reevaluate her decision to refuse Mori. Again he smiled devilishly to himself. Anyone who was privy to the situation would have thought him foolish for suggesting she could have someone as great as Mori. Especially if they knew how Kyouya felt about her.
 
Crazy for her would be putting it mildly. Haruhi had the ability to drive all logic and reason out of his clever calculating mind; leaving him with his most basic, primitive desires. He liked it, the true honesty that she brought out in him, even if it was a bit out of character for the Shadow King. The truth of the matter was he cared for her, loved her actually. But he wanted more; wanted her to love him and crave him above anyone else.
 
Kyouya chanced to assume that if Haruhi was of the understanding Kyouya didn't feel for her, her female instinct would leap into action and make him even more irresistible. Unrequited love seemed to do that to people. He wasn't blind, he had watched her naïve blossoming unravel the entire time they'd spent hunting down the mysterious author.
 
Fortunately for him, she wore her feelings out where anyone could see them. He had watched her progression from slight discomfort at being around him, to full out squirming from attempting to keep her feelings hidden because they had finally broken to the surface of her heart. He felt grateful for his attuned ability to read people; it was a benefit that was paying off in his favor.
 
Sighing, fatigue beginning to settle into his bones, he confessed to himself he had felt a bit disappointed she hadn't viewed him as a possible suitor. He couldn't really hold it against her, he supposed. He did tend to wear that iron mask of impassiveness a little too often.
 
He wanted to catch her off guard, surprise her when he finally sprung his confession on her, dropping his false front he so often adorned in front of her. He wanted her to look at him with longing desire the next time he had her pinned to a bed…his mind touched briefly on their stay at his family's beach house, a stirring in the pit of his belly and in his groin spread warmth throughout him…
 
However, there could be complications. He knew that she could just as easily reject him. When she found out that Kyouya had known more than she had all along, his plan could possibly backfire, leaving him empty-handed.
 
These several days of clue hunting had brought them together on a very personal and intimate basis and he hoped that that would play to his advantage. Over-viewing the situation, he felt that it should. Prayed it would was more like it…
 
But he also knew Haruhi, and knew her well, as he did all his host friends. She could simply tell him to go take a flying leap off the closest bridge when she found out the truth. That he'd known all along…she might feel betrayed.
 
He'd just have to make it clear, make her see that he did it so that he could grow closer to her, spend time with her. Hopefully her newly founded romantic side would see it that way.
 
As the clock ticked, his eyelids growing heavy, sleep ready to pounce on him, his always working mind stumbled across one last notion…
 
…tomorrow…get a blue scarf…for my Haruhi…
 
 
 
Authors Note: Thanks to my readers and please review. It's nice to hear what you think, whether good or bad, it helps to expand ones ability. Also, thanks mom for editing, you're the best. And yes, Bisco Hatori owns OHSHC, not me. Til the next installment…