Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letter for Haruhi ❯ Chapter 10...The Confession... ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own OHSHC, Bisco Hatori does.
 
 
 
Love Letter for Haruhi…by taterbean96
 
 
 
Chapter 10 The Confession…
 
 
 
Her dark eyes slid around the room as they adjusted to the faint light thrown through the large window by the shimmering half moon.
 
There could have been an angry mob in the room and she wouldn't have been able to hear it over the hammering of her heart as it vibrated off her eardrums.
 
`Just tell him you're sorry, but you can't return his feelings…' she told herself taking a deep breath. `Besides, you can't love Mori when you're in love with…'
 
Her mind came to a grinding halt, her eyes squinting when a light suddenly snapped on. It was Kyouya's desk lamp. Raising a shielding hand, she focused on the culprit who'd blinded her.
 
“Wh…what are you doing here?” she stammered as her eyes adjusted. She was shocked when she saw Kyouya leaning against his desk, arms crossed, looking smooth in his tux.
 
“I needed to talk to you.” He said simply as he loosened the buttons at the neck of his white shirt. She sucked a low breath in at how striking he looked.
 
“But Mori will…” Haruhu began, darting a nervous look to the door. Mori would be walking through it any second. Kyouya cocked half a wry smile at her.
 
“We've got some time.”
 
Haruhi's body raged a war with itself. She hadn't been alone with Kyouya for three days. The exhilaration was stabbing at her like small electric shocks, yet she didn't want to let anything slip before she had the chance to dissolve things with Mori.
 
Kyouya strode across the room, took her hand, which instantly ignited, and led her to the overstuffed sofa lounge. She sat but he remained standing, smiling down on her with an unusual, restrained look. It didn't take away from his overall sex appeal as she felt her flesh soothingly melt somewhere under her clothing.
 
She was pretty sure if he didn't take his dark eyes from hers soon, she'd suffocate and as the seconds slipped pass, his hand still holding hers, her lungs stopped processing air. Breath, dammit! Her brain screamed, as she gasped, the scarf choking her as her throat constricted.
 
“I need to explain something to you,” Kyouya said, grinning at the noticed struggle to remain calm that she warred with. He looked away to give her a second, he heard her take a calming breath.
 
“What about, Kyouya-sempai?” she asked, her voice much higher than she wanted it to be. Hell, she might as well have stamped, `I'm a love fool for Kyouya' across her damn forehead. It felt like her every move and sound was a dead giveaway.
 
He pushed his glasses up his nose before continuing, turning to her again.
 
“Well, it started with an opportunity that I saw and I took it.”
 
Haruhi felt a sickening dread spread its icy fingers through her belly. Her mind turned automatically to the confession he'd had from one of his customers. Had he accepted? Was that what he wanted to tell her?
 
“You came to me with a problem. You had received an anonymous letter…” whew! She let a shaky breath float pass her lips…it wasn't about a confession…
 
“…a love letter to be exact…” he continued. “…and you knew I'd be able to help you figure out who had penned the letter. You wanted to know who wrote it without the author aware of the fact that you knew, correct?”
 
He set her with a stern look to make sure that she was still following him. She nodded her understanding. Kyouya took a deep breath and, was she mistaken, but did his shoulders fall just a bit? He suddenly pulled himself upright, visibly steeling himself.
 
“I have to apologize to you, Haruhi, I've always known who wrote the letter.” He explained, looking more sincere and contrite than she'd ever seen the Shadow King look in the entire time that she'd known him. It made her writhe with a touch of unease, on top of being stunned at his admission.
 
“You did? But, why didn't you just tell me?” She stood now, facing him with due interest.
 
“As I explained, I saw an opportunity…” he restated.
 
She said nothing, but utter confusion painted her entire face so he went on.
 
“The opportunity being, I could create chances for us to be alone together, just you and I, hanging out together, time away from the Host Club…”
 
Goose pimples broke out along her flesh. Was he saying he liked being with her? Did she dare to hope that's what he meant?
 
“The prospect of solving this little mystery with you was a temptation that I couldn't pass up.” He said, taking a step towards her and scooping her hands in his. Her stomach leapt into her throat, strangling her. There was no way to suppress the pleased smile that cracked her face.
 
“Y…you could've asked me anytime,” she managed to whisper between dry lips.
 
He shook his head in disagreement, pulling her in a fraction closer, his fingers intertwined with hers. Her brain bounced the quick thought, what would his lips do to her if his hands were causing her to ignite like a bonfire?
 
“No, I couldn't have asked. Correct me if I'm wrong,” his voice dropped slightly and he looked at her sheepishly. “But haven't you just recently discovered your new feelings?”
 
Blood had nothing on how red Haruhi turned. How'd he know? Was she that obvious? He smiled warmly at her, knowing he was right and loving how beautifully sweet her innocence was.
 
“If I hadn't seized my chance, you would have never accepted an offer to be alone with me. Your school work and independent goals are what concerned you. Not getting involved with a fellow host,” he finished.
 
Haruhi started. It was frightening how well he read her. Her eyes widened with excitement when she felt him pull her a little closer still, now only several inches separated their bodies.
 
“K…Kyouya, do you…” she began.
 
He sighed and she bit her tongue. Why did he look so disconsolate if he was saying that he was interested in her? Even with her inexperience, she sensed that that wasn't a good sign.
 
“Wait, there's more…”
 
More! Good grief! He had already driven her out of her right mind, her senses swimming with a desire that was hotter than the Sahara. Fainting was only a confession away…
 
“I'm sorry that I took advantage of your situation, I thought that after we searched Hikaru and Kaoru's locker that you might give up and wait for the author to expose himself. I was enjoying our little escapade too much to just let it go, so…that's why I suggested that we search Mori's bag.”
 
Haruhi arched a bewildered eyebrow at him. “But, you were right, it is Mori.”
 
Kyouya grinned nervously down at her. His cool collective demeanor was falling to the wayside. The time was here, it was now or never…
 
“Please, let me finish. I knew there would be a second letter from your secret admirer; I needed you to remain suspicious of all the hosts at that point. Mori's kendo class provided the right moment and the perfect hiding spot.” Haruhi watched his adams apple bob as he swallowed hard.
 
“You planned that?” she colored, remembering how blissful it had been trapped in the closet, wrapped in his arms. The fact that it hadn't been as spontaneous as she thought didn't detract from the moment; yet now her mind was absorbing the entire situation from a different perspective. A tugging feeling of doubt now mingled with her euphoria.
 
Kyouya turned pink and nodded. He lowered his eyes from hers, his heart pounding like a jackhammer against his ribs.
 
“I did everything for you, Haruhi,” he said, his voice airy. “Keep that in mind.”
 
Haruhi pulled back slightly. What did that mean? Her eyes popped as, in her mind's eye, she finally began to see the grand scheme, Kyouya's scheme. Doubt blooming into the anger of mistrust and betrayal. He had had something to gain the entire time…
 
“You knew all along who wrote the letter, letting me go days suffering because you wanted alone time with me?” She couldn't hide the underlying bite to her voice. He winced at it, his heart thudding with an unrecognizable fear.
 
“I'm sorry Haruhi. I was being selfish; I hope you can forgive me. I care about you and saw the situation as a way to get you to maybe care about me.” He tried explaining.
 
Even though he spoke his true feelings, Haruhi's slamming excited heartbeat was turning into a thoroughly pissed pounding. Her brow furrowed with irritation. He should've told her, been honest with her…
 
“You used my feelings for your own merit,” she said bluntly. “Not only that, it wasn't fair to Mori.”
 
Kyouya straightened up stiffly as she pulled her hands from his. “You never would've agreed to see me under any other terms, I already told you that…and as for Mori, you don't need to worry about him…”
 
She shot him a livid look. That was low for him to say, especially about one of his closest friends. He continued after a deep steadying breath.
 
“…because, I am the one who wrote the letters.”
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: Please R&R. Thanks to all who have taken the time to read my little romance story. Thanks mom for your editing. I know you're dying to find out what happens, but patience is a virtue! Also, Bisco Hatori is the lucky gal who owns OHSHC, not me.