Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Handmade Christmas ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

I don't own Pet Shop I am just playing with the characters for awhile I promise to put them back eventually.

 

 

Handmade Christmas

By Vidalark

 

 

Leon was ready for the Christmas season to be done with. He was sick of the crowds and the noise. He hated how many car accidents from minor fender benders to complete wrecks which stole lives because people were 'caught in the spirit'. The only thing that he actually liked about the whole season were the lights that decorated the city. The lights were a small comfort in two ways one being of beauty and two for providing more illumination to ward off some criminals since their darkened areas were lit up with the tiny bulbs of light.

 

Even though he didn't care all that much for the season he had already finished his minor Christmas shopping. He'd bought a make it yourself teddy bear kit and made a valiant attempt at making a cute plushie for his brother which didn't come out half bad once he'd dressed it up with a few knick knacks from a state gift shop that sold little LAPD patches and buttons. He sent a few minor gifts to his Aunt and Uncle and Cousins. He'd bought Jill a gift certificate for a store that she frequented as well as the Chief whom he saw as a father. He'd already mailed or handed out the gifts and cards for his work and family but he'd held back one gift.

 

This gift had taken him months to set up and purchase. He had to make sure that this person got something special though he felt that between this person and his beloved brother they were the only ones that he had actually spent a lot of time finding and putting together their gifts. For Chris and this person's gift he had even bought special wrapping paper and ribbons and carefully wrapped them.

 

It was Christmas eve and he knew that the recipient of the final gift would be were he was every night. He had called ahead of time to make sure that it would be alright for him to stop over so late at night since he wanted to come over as close to midnight as possible. He had made a stop at his apartment and cleaned himself up and even dressed up a bit. He placed the gift in his car and drove over to Chinatown.

 

Count D's shop lay nestled amongst the bright lights of Chinatown that seemed even brighter with the addition of Christmas lights. The small Pet Shop wasn't void of decoration but it wasn't as brightly done. A wreath of pine and ribbon was set on each door and a small banner greeted customers in English and Chinese wishing them 'Season's Best' and 'Happy New Year'.

 

Gift tucked under his arm carefully he made his way down the steps and knock on the door. Within a minute he was greeted by the mysterious Chinese man. D smiled warmly at Leon and steeped aside to let the American in.

 

"To what do I owe the pleasure of you calling ahead and requesting an audience with me?" D asked with a slightly teasing tone.

"Well um I know that you don't really celebrate Christmas and all but I kinda wanted to give you something." Leon was blushing and adorable shade of red. "Merry Christmas." tentatively he handed over the carefully wrapped gift. D looked surprised and almost forgot to take the gift. "You uh can open it now if you want or later it doesn't really matter." Leon really wanted to see D's reaction but was also afraid of it.

 

"Thank you. I feel bad that I didn't buy anything for you."

 

"Nah I'm not really a gift receiving kinda guy." Leon looked more embarrassed by the second.

 

"Come sit and I will get us some tea and then I will open your gift." D ushered Leon to the couch and had him sit in his usual place. Carefully he placed he package on the couch with Leon and went to get their tea.

 

Leon took this time to look around the shop. Poinsettia flowers and small pine wreaths as well as a large number of Christmas cards decorated the shop among the animal cages. The animals seemed to be missing though but it was sort of nice that way since there was no chance of some playful beast accidently breaking the gift. A miniature Christmas tree seemed out of place in the shop but in its own way it fit in with the red and gold decorations it had.

 

"Here we are. We also have a nice fruit cake to go with our tea tonight." D served up the food and drink quickly and sat down in his usual place. After a few sips of the warm brew Leon felt a bit warmer since his hadn't noticed the chill of the night air while he was coming over.

 

"This is a new flavor." Leon commented meaning the tea.

 

"Strawberry mint. A customer of mine runs a tea shop and wished me to try some of this mixture."

 

"Not bad."

 

"May I?" D asked suddenly indicating the gift.

 

"Go ahead."

 

D lifted the package and gently cut the tape away so that he could save the wrapping paper and ribbon. He could tell that great care went into choosing the decorative wrappings and he wasn't about to carelessly tear away at it ruining the lovely wrappings. Once he got past the paper he encountered a wooden box. The box was stained a beautiful cherry wood red though he knew instantly that it wasn't such wood. His curiosity was piqued now since a glance at Leon told him that the American was anxious. Moving aside his tea and cake he placed the box on the table and lifted the lid. Inside was a small tea set. The tea pot was a heavy ceramic that had been made but not fully experienced but fairly talented hands was surrounded by four matching Chinese style tea cups. The pieces were all painted white but each had a rough painting of the Chinese zodiac while the handle of the tea pot was a fairly well rendered Chinese Phoenix. The rich colors under the clear glaze made the rough images almost come to life. D picked up one tea cup and looked underneath it to see who made the set and was surprised to find 'Leon Orcott' etched in the ceramic.

 

"You made these?"

 

"Yeah. I know that they aren't all that good, nothing like these nice China ones you've got. I understand if you don't like them..." Leon rambled but D stopped him.

 

"My Dear Detective I had no idea that you were artistic. I am touched and honored by your gift. I shall treasure it."

 

"You aren't just saying that so that my feelings won't be hurt are you?"

 

"I mean it. Not to many give gifts that they make with their own hands anymore which make gifts like these more precious." a smile spread across Leon's face as he realized D's words.

 

"I'm glad you like it then."

 

"When did you find the time to work on these pieces?"

 

"I made the time. I did a little here and there at a pottery shop I found on my days off. Took awhile to find one that had anyone who knew a little on the traditional styles for a Chinese set though. I had to do a lot of research but I think it was worth it."

 

"You did very well. Shall we christen the set with a proper Chinese green tea then?"

 

"Lets."

 

"Oh and Leon look up." Leon was confused by the command but did as asked and found himself under a bit of real mistletoe and he couldn't help but turn fifty shades of red in three seconds. He knew that he had been set up since D knew that he always sat in the same spot every time. D moved over and lightly kissed him on the lips. "Merry Christmas my Dear Leon." that kiss was the best gift that anyone could have given him and he wasn't about to tell a soul.

 

The End

 

I am still working on "Troubled Waters" but I hit a speed bump in the plot line. It isn't a dead story yet I have a living muse to make sure of that. This is just a bit of Christmas fluff that I was compelled to write.

 

Leon: I wasn't tortured

I know I couldn't do that in a Christmas fic. Sheesh this is even a rated G fic.

D: Only one kiss! I only got to kiss him once for the gift!

Um well yeah maybe I'll do a zeastier remix of this fic later.

 

Anyways Happy Holidays and Season's Best.

Mele Kalikimaka and Houli Makhiki Hou! (Hawaiian for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year) I do live in Hawaii after all.