Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Tea Time ❯ Tea Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Naturally the characters of Petshop Of Horrors belong to Matsuri Akino, I did not create them. I hope you enjoy this. It takes place after the third Manga, episode three.

Tea Time

"OK well sign here, and remember please take good care of her," Leon heard the words with a mixture of apprehension and curiosity. `what was D up to?' He saw the family leaving the petshop, they seemed like a normal happy family with a new pet. Looks could be deceiving. He stepped in front of the little boy carrying a large cage, "may I?"

Leon lifted the corner of the cover before the boy could answer, "Oh a cockatoo," Leon looked up to find that he had earned the Count's attention. The Count was smiling at him. It was his usual Charming smile. Charming, always.

Oh, Hello Officer, it must be Tea Time." Count D said and turned to collect his tea set of the day.

"Why do you say that?" Leon asked, although a glance at his watch showed that it was half past noon.

"Because you always manage to show up at tea time," D smiled and began to set the table.

"I brought some of that mousse from La Blanche, You can have it, If you want." Leon sat the package on the table. The last Time he'd brought D mousse, he had ended up eating it himself.

"Oh of course." D scooped some of the mouse into a dish and began to eat. After a while he looked up to find Leon staring at him. "Is something wrong?"

Leon quickly looked away, " No, nothing, eat your pudding." Leon grumbled without looking up again. When Leon did look up again it was to find the large Sheep creature sitting in D's lap. Lately it had been there almost as often as Q-Chan. "What do you call that thing?"

"Tot-Chan," D answered. He lowered his face to within an inch of the creatures and nuzzled it's fur. It was then that Leon noticed the teeth. "You seem distracted officer, is every thing going well at the station?"

Leon looked away from the creature, `sheep?' "What? Oh yes every thing is fine." `he didn't even seem upset about Wong, but when I got here…" Leon looked again at D his puzzled frown getting worse as D blithely spooned his mouse between his perfectly lacquered lips. `That day, their -date- he touched D, Why am I so… Jeal…' Leon could not bear to finish the thought.

Count D smiled as he finished his first bowl of mousse, "Shall I burn some incense, it has been known to calm nerves," Leon was struck by the sweet smile that crossed D's face.

"One of these days I'm going to bust your ass for that stuff." Leon said absently, `what was D doing with Wong when I got here? His dress was open, as if…' Leon shook the thought, it disturbed him too much.

The bell above the door chimed and D looked up to see a worried young lady enter the shop. She was beautiful, her long red hair seemed on fire in the dim light of the shop. D set Tot-Chan on the floor and patted his rump before heading over to the young woman. "Hello again Miss Janet, how may I help you?"

Leon tried to shut out the images of D with his clothing undone, lying underneath Wong. `If I hadn't gotten here in time… What was D doing? Was he so smitten that he would have let Wong eat him? After the way he behaved on Christmas, he could have had Wong tied in knots.' Leon looked down to see Tot-Chan staring at him. It seemed as if the creature were somehow familiar, it's eyes seemed to know too much.

"Yes, it's fine," D was saying as he walked the young lady to the door. "Yes, yes, when they are ready to breed they often become moody, no, no, I'm sure she doesn't hate you." D reassured her as she left the shop. D returned to the table and bent to retrieve Tot-Chan. Leon's expression turned thunderous as he stood and slammed from the petshop. D held Tot-Chan closer to him and wondered what had upset Leon so badly.

Leon stormed down the sidewalk full of disgust. Disgust with D for falling for a murderer, and for not seeming to care that he was dead, Disgust with Tot-Chan for staring at him as if he knew…And most of all, disgust at himself for enjoying the view of D bent over.