Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Who said I owned FY? Not me? And bug Nintendo if you want pokemon.
 
Chapter 5: Acceptance 2 - facing the truth
 
Ashline yawned as she awoke, ready to begin another hard day of training. After brushing her teeth and washing her face, she dressed in a clean dark blue tunic and black pants, as she looked around, wondering where Lance had disappeared to.
“Lance-chan?”
< What is it, Ashline? >
Ash jumped at the voice inside of her head. < How did you do that? >
< It is a bond between miko and seishi, and seishi and seishi. > Lance said, amusement evident even in the mental speech.
< Oh. > Ashline sent in a small voice. < Lance-chan, where are you? >
< Audience with the Emperor. I will be joining you shortly. >
Ash shivered and nodded as she rang a bell. A maidservant quickly scurried in with a tray of food, and left with low curtsies.
Ash ignored her and quickly ate, before starting the easy stretches. Hopefully she would be warmed up by the time Lance came back.
 
It was a good two hours later when she saw her friend return, eyes blazing with pent up frustration.
“Are you all right, Lance?”
“Hai, just tense and angered at the Emperor's ignorance, miko-sama.” Lance said, slipping into proper address as they walked down the halls.
Ash nodded and followed behind his strides, wondering what had happened.
“A minor uprising in one of the outlaying towns, and he wishes to demolish the entire countryside in revenge.” The general said, a strange light in his eyes. “It is quite unfortunate.”
Ashline opened her mouth to say something, but Lance shook his head and cut her off. < It is best if we do not speak of this now. >
< A-all right… >
 
 
“What's wrong?”
“The Emperor wanted me to go myself, but I managed to dissuade him. I'm sending two of the other Seiryuu seishi off on this mission.” Lance replied. “With impeding war with Konan, it is a most unwise move. But the Emperor will not be swayed.”
Ashline frowned. It was the Emperor again! The evil, vile man, who would take her to bed without a second thought, who had caused all this trouble in Kutou in the first place, and who cared nothing for his people.
Her eyes snapped sparks.
“Oh.”
“Yes…” Lance sighed. “I had to send Amiboshi and Suboshi. At least that way they'll keep an eye out for each other.”
“Who?”
“Two of the younger seishi.” Lance said. “You never had an opportunity to meet them, and it seems like you won't for a while.”
Ashline nodded as they entered the courtyard. She picked up her staff and went through the kata as Lance called out the numbers.
“That was quite good, Ashline.” Lance said approvingly.
Ash smiled as a faint pink tinted her cheeks. “Thank you.”
“You have improved very well. I'm sure you'll be able to defend yourself, should the need arise.”
Ash impishly grinned and hugged the surprised Dragon Master.
“Really?”
“Yes.” Lance said, returning the hug. “You are doing an admirable job. Do not worry.”
Ashline smiled, as Lance began teaching her another kata.
 
Two weeks later, she received the news that the two missing seishi had returned to court.
“Can I go see them?”
“Yes, go ahead.” Lance said. Ashline timidly knocked on the door.
“Come in!”
Ashline opened the door and saw a girl with black hair and a boy with dark brownish-black hair, sitting on the bed. The boy was holding a flute, while the girl had something tied around her waist that looked sort of like yo-yos.
“Ashline, meet Amiboshi and Suboshi.” Lance said.
“Pleased to meet you, miko-sama.” The boy said. “I'm Amiboshi and this is my twin sister Suboshi.”
Suboshi gave a small wave.
Ashline smiled. * So they're near my age… that's nice! Maybe I can make some more friends… real friends… not false friends who will betray you later on… *
“I'm glad to meet you too.” Ashline said. “And please drop the -sama, we're the same age anyways.'
The two twins blinked at each other, but nodded. Lance left the three of them to get acquainted.
 
About three weeks later, Ashline and Suboshi were lying on some rocks in the palace garden, listening to Amiboshi play his flute, when the news arrived.
“Is this true?” Lance asked the messenger.
“Yes, Nakago-sama!” The man said, bowing. “Konan has discovered that the Seiryuu no miko has arrived in Kutou!”
Lance clenched his fist. “How long ago.”
“A few days, Nakago-sama.”
“A few days… their assassins could have gotten here by then!” Lance snapped. The man cowered and quickly exited.
Ashline paled. “Assassins?” She asked in a small voice.
“Yes. Konan has always been trying to reclaim a large area of land we received from them seventy years ago as part of a peace treaty.” Lance explained. “They don't want the miko to come, because they are afraid of what will happen if Seiryuu is summoned.”
Ashline felt rage welling up inside of her. * Misty… how could you do this to me?! I thought we were friends, and now you're sending people to kill me? First you betray me and now this?! *
“Don't worry, Ashline-sama.” Amiboshi said, putting down his flute. “We will protect you. It is our duty as Seiryuu no Shichiseishi.”
Suboshi nodded as she unfastened her Ryuuseisui from her belt. “Yes. Do not worry, miko-sama. We will do our best.”
Ash felt a little more relieved that her friends were there, but she could still not stop the anger that rose in her like a tidal wave. * Misty…. How dare you do this! You will pay… *
 
A blue glowing aura surrounded her, as a symbol flared to life on her forehead.
“Seiryuu's symbol.” Amiboshi whispered. “He is lending her his power.”
Lance nodded. “Yes. We must be on our guard now. You two. I trust you to protect the miko.”
“Hai, Nakago-sama.” Both twins chorused, grim looks settling on their visages. Twins were usually considered bad luck and untouchables, but Ashline had not treated them badly, even though she was the miko and therefore of higher station. She had been kind and honest, and won their loyalty and admiration.
They would not allow her to needlessly get hurt.
Never.
She had already suffered enough since she arrived in their world to help them.
 
Ashline was silent as Lance led her back to her quarters. * How dare Misty! Hasn't she done enough to me already? *
Lance's eyes flickered briefly as he put a comforting arm around her shoulders.
Ash sighed, the blue aura fading away. The power had been soothing though.
“Lance-chan…”
“Do not worry, Ashline. I will protect you.”
“I know. I'm just so angry!” Ashline burst out. “Why is Misty doing this?! I knew she didn't care about me, but now she's trying to kill me!”
“I don't know…”
 
Ashline pondered while she combed out her hair. It was in this frame of mind when two assassins appeared in her room.
Ashline didn't even bat an eye. A second later, one fell, clutching at his chest, where a gaping wound sprouted, while the second lay lifeless on the ground, still holding his head, a look of agony fixated on his physiognomy.
Suboshi recalled her Ryuuseisui and smirked. “Looks like we got here in time, miko-sama.” One of the spindles was covered with blood.
Amiboshi nodded as he tucked his flute into his belt again. “We were afraid we wouldn't get here in time…”
“No, its fine.” Ashline said, as several servants hurriedly disposed of the mess.
The two twins saluted and then left to stand guard outside her door again.
 
Ashline smiled a little bit, glad that her friends were looking out for her. * Misty…. You hate me this much… why did I even help you get home… *
She began to cry silently for a few minutes, but soon, the grief was replaced by a blazing anger that shone out of eyes hard and cold.
Lance watched silently, hidden behind a curtain. * So it has begun. *
“Misty… I'll give you one more chance. If you come to find me again, and if you truly are sorry, I'll forgive you. But I'm not taking any more chances. I've trusted you, and you burned me.”
Ashline's amber eyes dilated to a glowing gold as power flowed through her body. * Just you wait, Misty. Just you wait. *
 
End Chapter! ^_^
Anyways, drop many reviews!
Started 10/7/03
Completed 11/9/03