Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Mysterious Game ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Fushigi Yuugi or Pokemon. Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and FY to Yu Watase. This is non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfic written by me so it's mine. *Evil grin*
 
Chapter 14: Alliance
 
“Byakko and Seiryuu have long been allies.” Tatara told Ashline, who looked nervous. “You are… Seiryuu no miko?”
“How could you-?”
“Only a miko or seishi could pass through the wards around this temple.” Tatara revealed. “And on top of that, their intentions would have to be pure.”
“I see…”
“You want to summon Seiryuu for Kutou's peace. A very noble goal that has often been striven for in the past indeed.”
“So you'll help me?”
Tatara smiled. “Yes. I will give you the Shinzaho.”
His eyes glowed greenly, Byakko's power. From the ground rose a flower, which burst into bloom slowly, revealing an earring lying inside.
“Here. This is the Shinzaho which our priestess received when she summoned Byakko.” Tatara said. “May it serve you well in your quest.”
 
“Thank you.” Ash said, bowing politely.
Tatara's body began to glow greenly, and he stepped into another area, a door of light opening.
The end.
The temple vanished.
 
“Ashline-sama?”
Ash looked up and saw Lance holding her. “Are you all right?”
Her hand was clutched tightly around a pearl drop earring.
“Hontou ni? It wasn't a dream?”
“It was… Byakko always preferred to test in dreams and visions.” Lance explained. “Come now. We should prepare for the summoning ceremony.”
“Hai…”
 
Misty seethed.
She was at the end of her rope. True, none of the Seiryuu seishi she had seen had hurt her or anything, but…
But…
How was she supposed to summon Suzaku now!?
As if in answer to her prayer, her bonds dissolved. Startled, Misty immediately ran out. It was time to use reason to her advantage.
 
She found Ashline alone, pinning up her hair.
“Ashline!”
“Misty? What are you?” Ash asked, instinctively backing up.
“Oh Ashline, I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to forget you! It's just that I changed out of my uniform so I couldn't feel the connection!” Misty sobbed. “If I had known…”
Seeing the crying, somewhat pathetic figure melted some of the ice off Ash's emotions.
“Misty, it's okay.”
“No, it's not!” Misty sobbed. “We're not friends anymore!”
“Don't worry, Misty.' Ash reassured her. “I mean, I can wish us both home safely. This isn't real, anyway. It's all in the book, ne?”
“Hai!” Misty nodded, the flow stopping somewhat. “Um… if you're going to summon, then can I help?”
`Help?”
“Yes, if you're getting dressed up, I can help you with your makeup!”
“Okay…”
 
So Misty dolled Ashline up, and then watched as she set off for the ceremony, wearing both Shinzaho.
Oh well…
She had wanted, very much wanted, to steal them, but that would only tear their friendship farther. And yet…
 
“Why you're jealous!” A voice mused.
Jumping, Misty saw the last of the Seiryuu no Shichiseishi. Miboshi.
“Now, now, I can help you.” Miboshi said.
“What?”
“Who do you think freed you, hmm? Suboshi would kill you first, Soi would not since she brought you here, Ashitare's a cat…”
The man smiled broadly. “But since I hate the Leader of Seiryuu, let's make a deal.”
Misty hesitated. * With three wishes, I could bring back Brock's family… and then we wouldn't have to be apart… *
“Deal.”
 
 
 
The Four Directions of the Sky
The Four Directions of the Earth
By using the way, mind, and goodness
With deep rules
With truth and justice
Please tell the protector of the East, Seiryuu
 
 
Now I will complete the words: Seven Constellations
From the sky to the Earth
Through the Four Ultimates
Fulfill for all living things
 
 
Please make extinct every kind of evil
By your godly powers
Protect us.
Only I wish
Please listen to this
From the sky
Please come down to us!
 
 
However, the chant was just about to finish, when Miboshi moved from his position, blades of green energy lancing out at all the others.
“Nakago-sama!” Aya cried in shock, as the Dragon Master collapsed, still shielding the priestess from the deadly blow.
The energy from the shinzaho exploded outwards in a deadly way, the ceremony incomplete.
In some warped form of justice, Miboshi was the only other killed, but…
That was no comfort.
As Ashitare nudged the Ash's cheek to cheer her up, and as Suboshi and Morty and Aya scanned the area for more possible danger, the priestess sobbed, holding her general in her arms.
“Lance-chan…”
“I…”
“Don't talk.” Ash said, knowing that even with his protective dragon armor, taking a chi-blast spear in the back was no good. “I love you just the same, this won't change anything!”
“Please… find another way… to summon Seiryuu… for our Country's Hope.” Lance whispered.
“I will! I promise you!” Ashline said, eyes blazing with tears and frustration. “I will…”
“I will try… to protect you…love…”
His eyes closed, their brilliant blue vanishing. The body blurred, shifting and flashing with Seiryuu's power.
Ashline gripped the silver lance tightly in her hands as she vowed revenge.
 
“Ashline-sama.” Morty said, landing in front of her. “It seems that…”
He bent down and whispered into her ear.
“I should never have trusted Bob!”
“Of course…” Aya said, comprehension dawning. “If the ceremony was true, the Shinzaho would still be useable. He must have switched them for fakes at the last minute…”
“That means Misty has the real ones.”
“Yes.”
 
“So it was all a trick, pretending to be sorry.” Ash said. She glared at the makeup she was wearing in anger.
“Helping, it was all a lie. And like some blind fool, I fell for it! I should have listened to Lance-chan and taken the Kodoku.”
“Priestess…” Morty said. “This area is collapsing. The fakes used all their power, now…”
“Yes, we need to leave.” Ash said, hatred welling up inside of her. “Let's go.'
 
End Chapter!
Created 3/9/04, finished 3/29/04