Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Enter the Dratini ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 24: Enter the Dratini

A couple of days had passed since Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine left Porta Vista and Sora had added Lapras to the team. They followed a path down to Fushia City. But to get there, they had to make their way to Gringey City. And it was just several days away from their current position. They were already on the right track.

By this time, Sora and his friends made a stop by a beautiful lake. Sora and Lana are sitting on Laparas's back doing some fishing. Kairi was preparing some dinner for the group. Kairi looked over to Sora and Lana in the middle of the lake and felt a little jealous; but she could trust Lana since she wouldn't do anything to steal him away from her. Kairi still blushes as she confesses her feelings for Sora to his aunt.

"I should tell Sora my feelings for him," Kairi said in her thoughts. "But how do I do it?" Kairi blushed.

On the lake, Sora and Lana continue on with their fishing. They sat there for nearly half an hour waiting for a bite. But so far it was nothing. But all that changed when they made a couple of good snags. Sora had a blue tadpole-like Pokémon with a spiral pattern on its belly caught on his pole while Lana had a Magikarp. Sora pulled his Pokédex and scanned the two Pokémon.

Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokémon

Type: Water

Poliwag has a very thin skin. It is possible to see the Pokémon's spiral innards right through the skin. Despite its thinness, however, the skin is also very flexible. Even sharp fangs bounce right off it.

Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon

Type: Water

Magikarp is virtually useless in battle as it can only splash around. As a result, it is considered to be weak. However, it is actually a very hardy Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is.

"Two catches we're going to have ourselves!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball.

"You got that right!" Lana agreed taking out a Pokéball as well.

"Squirtle! Go!" Sora called.

"Go for it, Goldeen!" Lana called.

The Pokéballs lets out Squirtle and Goldeen as they got into battle positions.

"Water Gun!" Sora ordered. Squirtle fired Water Gun hitting the tadpole Pokémon on the mark.

"Horn Attack!" Lana shouted as Goldeen charged at Magikarp hitting it on mark.

Poliwag fought back by firing Water Gun of its own. Squirtle dodges the attack by diving underwater. Squirtle pops back out behind Poliwag.

"Aqua Tail!" Sora ordered. Water engulfs Squirtle's tail as he swung it hitting Poliwag on the spot. Sora took out a Pokéball that is blue with a white cap at the top. Sora remembered that Lana called it a Dive Ball and it's used mostly for catching Pokémon underwater, but it can also be used to catch Pokémon while fishing. Lana even gave him a couple of them. Sora threw the Dive Ball at the Poliwag. The ball floats at the water's surface. The ball wobbles around for a bit. Stars swirls around the Dive Ball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts beeping. Sora decided to send Poliwag over to Professor Oak.

The battle between Goldeen and Magikarp continues as Goldeen hits the fish Pokémon again. Magikarp starts flopping around as it starts to evolve. Magikarp evolves into a Gyarados. Sora points his Pokédex at the large fish Pokémon.

Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon

The evolved form of Magikarp

Type: Water/Flying

Once Gyarados goes on a rampage, its ferociously violent blood doesn't calm until it has burned everything down. There are records of this Pokémon's rampages lasting a whole month.

"A WHOLE MONTH?!" Sora exclaimed.

Lana's eyes sparkles as she had gazes at the Gyarados.

"I was close to catching a Magikarp, but I get a beautiful Gyarados instead! Goldeen! One more Horn Attack!" Lana called. Goldeen charges at Gyarados as it dives to take a bite at Goldeen, but misses. Goldeen makes one good hit knocking Gyarados out. Lana pulls out a Dive Ball and throws it at the Gyarados. The Dive Ball wobbles around violently. Stars swirls around the ball confirming the catch. With that done Goldeen started to evolve as well. Goldeen transformed into a larger fish Pokémon. Its body is orange with black marks. Its fins are long and white. It has a long horn at the top of its head. Sora pointed his Pokédex at the newly evolved Pokémon.

Seaking, the Goldfish Pokémon

The evolved form of Goldeen

Type: Water

Seaking is very protective of its eggs. The male and female will take turns patrolling around their nest and eggs. The guarding of eggs by these Pokémon goes on for over a month.

"Congratulations, Lana," Sora said. "Not only you got a Gyarados, but a new Seaking too!"

"Thanks Sora," Lana said. "And congrats on the Poliwag that you just caught."

Sora smiled as he scratched the back of his head.

"Wanna wait for a little while longer?" Sora asked.

"Sure," Lana nodded as they went back to fishing. Sora casted out once more. Once that was done, Sora and Lana waited patiently for the next encounter. It didn't long for Sora to wait as something started to pull immediately. Juding the way that the Pokémon was pulling, he could tell that it was a strong one.

"Lana! I've got a bite!" Sora said. "And it's a big one!" Lana started to grab Sora from behind as they forced something out of the water. It wasn't something any of them would have expected. It was a serpentine Pokémon. It has a white, circular, gem-like object on its forehead, and its eyes are light purple. It has two developing wings at the sides of its head. Sora pulled his Pokédex to analyze this Pokémon.

Dratini, the Dragon Pokémon

Type: Dragon

Dratini continually molts and sloughs off its old skin. It does so because the life energy within its body steadily builds to reach uncontrollable levels.

"A Dratini..." Sora said in disbelief.

"It's beautiful," Lana shared his disbelief.

Sora started to beam at the sight of this great Pokémon.

"A Dragon Type Pokémon would make a very good addition!" Sora said as stars sparkels in his eyes. "Squirtle! Go get it!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle charges in.

"Skull Bash!" Sora ordered. Squirtle lowered his head and charged at the Dratini. The move does hit. Dratini counters by firing Dragon Rage at Squirtle. The attack does hit. Dratini wraps its body around Squirtle. Squirtle tried to struggle out, but Squirtle does slips out. "Aqua Tail!" Squirtle slams into Dratini again and the move sends it flying in the air. Sora was sure that it was worn out enough. He took out another Dive Ball and threw it at the Dratini. The Dive Ball wobbles around and around violently the same way as Gyarados. But stars swirls around the ball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing again as it askes him if he wants to keep Dratini with him or send it back to Professor Oak's lab. Sora decides to keep itin exchange for Litten. "I got me a Dratini!"

With that done, Sora and Lana got done with their fishing and rejoined Kairi the rest of the Alolan nine. Lana called Seaking back into her Pokéball.

"Make any good catches out there?" Kairi askes Sora and Lana.

"Just a couple on my count," Sora said. "And here's one of them." Sora pulls out the Dive Ball and lets out the newly caught Dratini. The rest of the Alolan nine were amazed at the sight of Dratini. They all knew that a Dragon Type Pokémon is pretty rare, and not many trainers has one.

"You never fail at being amazing," Illima said.

"You think really think so?" Sora asked crossing his arms.

"First a Rockruff, then a Rowlet, then a Popplio, and then a Litten. And just recently a Lapras and now a Dratini! It's, almost like that you have a special connection to Pokémon," Lillie said.

Kairi walked up and picked Dratini in her arms.

"Well he's a such a cute little thing," Kairi gushed. Dratini blushed as he started to like her instantly.

"Uh oh," Sophocles said. "Here she goes again." He joked. Suddenly he gets a kick from behind. "Ow!" He turns to see Hapu looking at him steamed. "What was that for?"

"Nothing," Hapu said. "I just felt like kicking you."

Hapu laughed at that, but Sophocles didn't find that funny one bit. Sora called out Charmander and Bulbasaur for lunch as Squirtle joins up. Pikachu leads Dratini to the rest of the group. Everyone started to eat what Kairi had prepared for lunch. It was some macaroni and cheese mixed with bacon and ground hamburger meat.

Everyone, especially Sora, loved every bite of it. It didn't take long before a teenage boy wearing a dark green trench coat and has brown hair in a buzzcut. He glances at Sora enjoying his meal as he called out.

"Hey you! The one with the spiky hair!" The boy called. "Are you a Pokémon trainer by any chance?"

"Yeah that's right," Sora said. "Why?"

"I'm challenging you to a battle!" he decalred. "And if I win, I get to have whatever it is you're eating!"

"We'll see about that!" Sora said accepting his challenge. Kairi shook her head as she giggled.

"Always on the move," Kairi said. The rest nodded to that.

"How do you want to do it?" Sora asked.

"Three on three good for you?" he asked.

"Fine with me!" Sora said. "A good practice for my next Gym battle! The name's Sora!"

"Okay Sora," the teenager said. "The name's Marvin. And I won't lose!" He took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Charmeleon! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a red reptilian Pokémon similar to Charmander, but with razor sharp claws and a and a horn-like protrusion on the back of its head. Sora pulled his Pokédex to ID this Pokémon.

Charmeleon, the Flame Pokémon

The evolved form of Charmander

Type: Fire

Charmeleon mercilessly destroys its foes using its sharp claws. If it encounters a strong foe, it turns aggressive. In this excited state, the flame at the tip of its tail flares with a bluish white color.

Charmander looks at the Charmeleon determined to battle. Sora looks back to his Pokémon only to see Charmander walking up to them.

"Charmander," the lizard Pokémon said staring at his opponent.

"Charmeleon," the flame Pokémon said, staring at its pre-evolved form.

The two Fire Types starts to stare at each other, the flames burning at their tails burning brightly.

"I've never seen Charmander this determined before," Kairi said. "Why is that?"

Kiawe looks on at Charmander.

"I can understand it though," Kiawe said. "Charmander must want to show his strength against that Charmeleon. Show that he has what it takes to be considered to a Fire Type Pokémon."

Kairi looked at Charmander and Charmeleon. Charmeleon tries to scare Charmander off by making a slash in the air. Charmander wasn't easily intimidated.

"Your Charmander has some spunk," Marvin said. "Let's see how long that it'll last against my Charmeleon."

"You can have the first move," Sora said.

"Not in a rush to lose, huh?" Marvin asked. "Okay then. Charmeleon, start up with Metal Claw!"

"Charme!" Charmeleon rushed over to Charmander with its claws metalized.

"Dodge that Charmander!" Charmander skidded to the left, making Charmeleon miss its mark. "Fire Fang!" Charmander runs towards Charmeleon hitting his evolved form with Fire Fang.

"That's good! But let me show you a real Fire Fang!" Marvin said. "Charmeleon! Go!"

"Charmeleon!" Charmeleon charges towards Charmander again hitting the lizard Pokémon with a stronger Fire Fang.

"Try Slash now!" Sora called as Charmander moved hus claw to hit it.

"Dragon Claw!" Charmeleon's right claw emitted a purple energy and swiped at Charmander sending him back. "Fire Blast!" Charmeleon took a big breath and fired the Fire Blast right towards Charmander. The attack came too fast for Charmander to dodge. Charmander was knocked out. Sora ran towards Charmander.

"You okay Charmander?" Sora asked concerned.

"Char," Charmander answered.

"You don't have to apologize," Sora said. "You're always a winner to me." That made Charmander feel better despite losing to Charmeleon. He looked over to Marvin. "You did great! What other surprises do you have in store?"

"You'll see!" Marvin said. "Charmeleon, return!" Marvin called Charmeleon back and gets out a Great Ball. "Hitmonchan! Go!" The Great Ball lets out a Hitmonchan as it starts punching the air repeatedly. Sora pulls out his Pokédex and pointed at Hitmonchan.

Hitmonchan, the Punching Pokémon

An evolved form of Tyrogue

Hitmonchan is said to possess the spirit of a boxer who had been working toward a world championship. This Pokémon has an indomitable spirit and will never give up in the face of adversity.

"This one doesn't look like an exception," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. He sets Charmander with the others. He looks towards Pikachu.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

"I know that I can count on you," Sora said. Pikachu enters the battle. "Start up with Quick Attack!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said charging in.

"Hitmonchan! Stop it with your Thunder Punch!" Marvin ordered.

Hitmonchan's boxing glove emits electricity and launches the attack at Pikachu. Pikachu was too fast as Pikachu's Quick Attack hit its mark.

"Good work, Pikachu!" Sora said. "Now use Electro Ball!"

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu swung his tail to form Electro Ball. The ball of electricity makes a direct hit at Hitmonchan paralyzing it.

"Hitmonchan! No!" Marvin gasped.

"Wrap it up with Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Pika...CHU!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Hitmonchan shocking the punching Pokémon. Hitmonchan falls to the ground totally knocked out.

"YO ADRIAN!" Sora joked making his friends laugh at the joke.

Marvin calls back Hitmonchan and puts its Pokéball away as he pulls out another.

"You're a funny guy," Marvin said. "But I'll have the next laugh with this one!" Marvin throws the Pokéball. "Lickitung! Go!" His Pokéball lets out a pink reptilian Pokémon with some white designs on its stomach, legs, and hands. It has a bulky body with a long tail and most importantly, a long tongue. Sora pulls out his Pokédex and points it at the pink Pokémon

Lickitung, the Licking Pokémon

Type: Normal

Whenever Lickitung comes across something new, it will unfailingly give it a lick. It does so because it memorizes things by texture and by taste. It is somewhat put off by sour things.

"Such a picky eater," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. Just as Pikachu was about to battle Lickitung, Dratini decides that he wants to battle. "You wanna give it a shot?" Dratini nods. "Okay, show me what you've got!" Dratini squeaks. Pikachu returns to Sora's side as he looked at his opponent.

"My Lickitung is going to give your Dratini a good licking," Marvin joked.

Sora laughed at the pun.

"Good one," Sora said. "But it'll be Dratini whose going to do that! Dratini! Dragon Rage!" Dratini fired Dragon Rage right towards Lickitung. The attack hits its mark.

"Lickitung! Ice Beam!" Lickitung pulls its long tongue back its mouth and fires Ice Beam. Sora knew that Dragon Types were weakened against Ice Type attacks, so he had to think fast.

"Dodge that with Extreme Speed!" Sora called as Dratini used this speed attack to dash pass Ice Beam and hit Lickitung on the mark. "Now use Dragon Breath!" Dratini fired a purple version of Flamethrower at Lickitung. Lickitung tried to block it with Ice Beam, but the attack was too strong as it was quickly overwhelmed. It hit Lickitung and it was paralyzed.

"Oh no! Try Power Whip!" Marvin ordered. Lickitung stuck its tongue back out and used it to lash at Dratini. The dragon Pokémon dodges the move.

"One more Dragon Breath!" Sora said. "And follow it with Dragon Rage!" Dratini did exactly that as the move hits the pink Pokémon. When Dragon Rage hit, Lickitung was definitely knock out.

Marvin ran towards his Lickitung.

"You alright, Lickitung?" Marvin asked.

"Licki," Lickitung answered sadly.

"Don't worry about it," Marvin said. "You gave it everything you had."

Sora walked up to Marvin and shook his hand.

"That was an awesome battle," Sora said.

"You did great," Marvin said.

"We'll get a bowl ready for you," Sora said catching Marvin off guard. "We were going let you have a bowl even if you won."

Marvin smiled at the offer. Marvin did join in with Charmeleon, Hitmonchan, and Lickitung enjoying the Pokémon food Kairi had made.

"This is great!" Marvin said. "The best damn thing I had ever eaten."

"Thank you, Marvin," Kairi said.

"Kairi's fingers are pure magic," Acerola said.

"I wouldn't go that far," Kairi said blushing.

After enjoying a good meal, the group said their goodbyes to Marvin as he continued on. The group made their way getting back on track. As they continued on, it was unknown to them that a pair of binoculars were looking through the leaves of a not far-off tree. It was a young girl who happens to be wearing a green dragon mask.

"I smell a dragon," the girl said. "I smell two dragons. They each have a dragon. I will see these dragons for myself."

The girl climbed down and her entire outfit almost looked like a green dragon with a white underbelly and big wings. She started to run towards the group giving off a loud roar. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine stopped and looked at the girl fastly approaching them. When she stops right in front of them, she starts to sniff around.

"What are you doing?" Sora asked the girl. She ignored him and sniffed around. She grabbed Sora by his jacket and sniffed him.

"A dragon," the girl said. "You have a dragon." Sora was about to ask what she was talking about when he realized that she must have meant Dratini. She sniffed again only to come towards Kiawe. She sniffed him hard. Her eyes opened wide again. "You have a dragon, too! Wonderful!"

"You mean my Turtonator?" Kiawe asked.

"Who are you?" Kairi asked.

"They call me Brianna," the girl introduced. "Brianna the Dragon Seeker. I can smell a dragon from a mile away!"

"What do you want from us?" Mallow asked.

"I wish to battle you!" She said pointing at Sora and Kiawe. "I challenge you and your dragons to a battle!"

Both Sora and Kiawe looked at each other totally confused.

"You mean you came screaming and running towards us just to battle our Dragon Types?" Sora asked.

"That is right!" Brianna said. "I shall battle your dragons and emerge triumphantly!" Brianna took out a two Pokéballs. "Ekans! Dragonair! Go!" Brianna shouted as she unleashes her Ekans; this Ekans was green and stars swirls around Ekans as it appeared and a serpentine Pokémon with a long, sleek body. Its body is blue with a white underbelly and has a a small, white horn on the forehead and two wing-shaped protuberances on the sides of the head. It even has a blue orb at its neck and two more near the end of its tail. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at this new Pokémon.

Dragonair, the Dragon Pokémon

The evolved form of Dratini

Type: Dragon

Dragonair stores an enormous amount of energy inside its body. It is said to alter weather conditions in its vicinity by discharging energy from the crystals on its neck and tail.

"Dragonair," Sora said under his breath. He took out his Dive Ball and threw it in the air. "Dratini! Go!" The Dive Ball lets out Dratini as he is ready for battle.

"You can count me in!" Kiawe said. "Go for it, Turtonator!" The Pokéball unleashes Turtonator as he got into position.

"This should be an interesting battle," Illima said.

"Sora, Kiawe!" Kairi said. "You got to remember Dragon Type Pokémon are weakened against Dragon Type moves!"

"Gotcha!" Sora said.

"Turtonator took worse blows than that!" Kiawe said.

"My dragons shall bring yours to their knees!" Brianna said. "Ekans! Start up with Aqua Tail! Dragonair! You use Dragon Rush!" Ekans's tail became engulfed with water as it about to swing at Turtonator and Dragonair charges at Dratini with a full force its body becoming surrounded with purple energy.

"Dratini! Dodge with Extreme Speed!" Sora ordered.

"You use Shell Trap!" Kiawe ordered. Dratini barely gets out of the way as a small part of Dragonair's Dragon Rush hits Dratini on the side. Turtonator's shell spikes glows just before the attack made contact. Once Ekans's tail hits, the shell explodes. Ekans is sent flying.

"Dragonair, you use Dragon Rush again! But this this aim at Turtonator!" Dragonair obeyed Brianna's command as Dragonair rushed at Turtonator with Dragon Rush. Turtonator was too big and slow to dodge the move as he got hit. "Now Ekans! You use Poison Fang on Dratini!" Ekans's mouth became engulfed with poison as it made an attempt to strike.

"Dratini! Dragon Breath!" Sora called. Dratini fired Dragon Breath hitting Ekans sending it back. "Now use Wrap on Ekans!" Dratini wrapped his body around the snake Pokémon. Ekans tried to break free, but it was no use. "Now let go and use Dragon Rage!" Dratini does let go and Dratini unleashed Dragon Rage. Ekans was down and out. Brianna calls her fallen Ekans back.

"Very impressive!" Brianna said. "But it's not over yet! Dragonair, you use Dragon Breath!" Dragonair fires Dragon Breath right at Dratini. Dratini just froze their for a moment before Sora called out.

"Extreme Speed!" Dratini moved fast hearing his trainer's voice. "You use Dragon Breath, too!"

"Turtonator! Flamethrower!" Kiawe ordered.

Dratini and Turtonator combined their attacks hitting the Dragonair on mark. Brianna wasn't callikg it quits yet.

"Dragon Rush!" Brianna shouted. Dragonair charged through the attack with the full force its Dragon Rush. Dragonair was aiming for Dratini, but Turtonator stopped using Flamethrower and Dratini stopped using Dragon Breath just in time for Turtonator to take the hit for his teammate. Turtonator fell on his side. Kiawe ran to Turtonator's aid.

"You okay, Turtonator?" Kiawe asked.

"Turtonator," Turtonator responded.

"Don't apologize," Kiawe said. "You did great!" Kiawe called Turtonator back. "The rest is up to you, Sora."

"Got it!" Sora nodded.

"We both have one dragon each," Brianna said. "Only one of us is going reign supreme!"

"You got that right," Sora agreed. "Dratini! Dragon Rage!"

"Dragonair! Dragon Breath!" Brianna ordered.

Both Dragon Types fired their attacks creating an explosion.

"Extreme Speed!" Sora called.

"Stop it with another Dragon Breath!" Brianna said as Dratini rushed around. Kairi was starting to get worried. She knew that Dratini wouldn't be able to hold his own for long.

"Use Wrap around Dragonair!" Sora called. But something else happened. Dratini rushed towards Dragonair. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine knew it was Dragon Rush. And it was a powerful one too. Dratini hits Dragonair on the mark and it feel over. Dragonair was knocked out.

Kairi and the Alolan nine were amazed by the sudden attack that the little dragon Pokémon had just learned. Even Brianna was surprised as she smiled and called Dragonair back.

"Well done," Brianna said. "Your dragon has reigned supreme over mine, despite its disadvantage. You should be proud of yourself."

"Thanks for that, Brianna," Sora said shaking the dragon girl's hand. "Your Dragonair did an awesome job, too!"

Brianna smiled at that.

"When we meet again, I expect you to give it everything you have," Brianna said as she ran off and waving goodbye to the group.

"That was amazing!" Illima said.

"Your Dratini really came through," Hapu said.

"That's because Dratini has a good trainer," Kairi said. Sora blushed at the complement. Dratini also smiled as he wrapped his body around Sora and Kairi. Both started to blush as Pikachu and the Alolan nine started laughing. The group continued on to make it Gringey City and then eventually to Fushia City.