Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sora vs Molayne ( Chapter 72 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 72: Sora vs Molayne

After everyone recovered from Pikachu's shock, Yuna went to her hotel room and asked Riku to bring Naminé over for dinner that night and Riku had to accept since she's making him his favorite meal. Lana introduced her little sisters to her new friends.

"Sora, Kairi, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Naminé, Lea, Isa. Let me introduce you all to my little sisters, Harper and Sarah," Lana said. Sarah is the twin the Slowpoke shirt and two points and Harper is the twin with the Shellder shirt and has three points. "Harper, Sarah, this is Sora; Pikachu's trainer and that is Kairi; she's Sora's girlfriend. And that boy there is Ven; and he's Sora's cousin. The guy with the brown hair is Terra and the girl with the blue hair is Aqua. The blonde girl is Naminé. And these two are Lea and Isa. Say hello." Sarah and Harper looks at the group.

"Hello!" The twins both said at once.

"They're definitely full of energy," Terra said.

"Makes me wonder if Lana was like that at their age," Sora said in his thoughts.

Sarah and Harper look at the Togepi in Kairi's arms and they squeal in excitement.

"A Togepi!" Harper said.

"I only seen it in books!" Sarah said. "So cute!"

"I thought the same thing when he first hatched," Kairi said.

"Pi, Toge, Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"Oh, such a little cutie!" The twins both said.

Kairi smiled at the sight of Lana's sisters playing with Togepi. She knew Togepi liked the twins instantly.

"Now girls, don't be so rough with Togepi; he's just a baby," Lana told her younger sisters.

"We won't," Harper and Sarah said.

"That's one thing that hasn't changed," Riku said. "I remember how excited they got when they first met Eevee."

"How did that go?" Naminé asked.

"Well..." Riku trailed off.

(Flashback, One year ago)

Riku, Eevee, and Lana had arrived in Lana's house located in Konikoni City on Akala Island.

"I'm home!" Lana announced.

Harper and Sarah ran in the entrance of the house and greeted their big sister.

"Welcome home, big sis!" Harper and Sarah greeted.

Riku looked at the twins and right at Lana. He was a total loss for words. He wondered if Lana was like that at their age. They looked over to the Eevee next to him.

"An Eevee!" Harper cheered.

"So cute!" Sarah agreed.

They rushed to pick up Eevee, but he just ran up to Riku's shoulder.

"Eevee," Eevee said.

"Eevee is my Pokémon. And he doesn't open up to anyone but me," Riku said.

The twins looks at Riku and ask, "Lana is he your boyfriend?" Lana blushed at the question.

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND! HE'S NOT! HE'S NOT! HE'S NOT!" Lana shouted.

"Are you sure he's not your boyfriend?" The twins asked in unison.

"I am sure," Lana told them.

"But can we play with Eevee? Please?" The twins pleaded. They gave the silver-haired boy a puppy eye look on their faces. Riku was completely caught off guard when they gave him that look.

"Only if it's okay with Riku," Lana said.

"It's really no big deal. It's not like they're going to hurt him or anything," Riku stated as Eevee blanched.

"Yay!" The twins cheered as they started to play with Eevee. It didn't take long before Riku and Lana saw Eevee in makeup with ribbons in his hair.

"Eevee," Eevee scowled as Riku laughed.

"Harper and Sarah were right. You do look cute," Riku laughed some more.

(Back to the present)

Sora and Riku just ended up laughing at the memory

Eevee had a sour look on his face having to hear that story again. Although Pikachu did his best to keep from bursting out laughing. Eevee turned to the mouse Pokémon.

"You wouldn't be laughing if you were forced to wear makeup like a clown!" - Eevee subtitle.

Pikachu stuck out his tongue making Eevee pout in irritation. Naminé picked Eevee up and held him.

"You're even cuter without all that makeup on. Trust me," Naminé said.

That made Eevee feel so much better hearing Naminé say that.

A little while later, Sora and his friends spoke with Lusamine for a bit. Everyone except for Sophocles who was catching up with his cousin. Professors Oak, Kukui, and Burnet were comparing research notes to one another.

"So, Sora isn't it?" Lusamine asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Sora said.

"I hear that you're quite a Pokémon trainer. Gotta admit that I was amazed to how well you battled against my son," Lusamine said.

"How do you know about that?" Sora asked.

"Lillie has written to me about you and told me quite about you," Lusamine explained. She looks over to Kairi on his side. "But it's quite a shame that you're in a relationship with someone else, because you would have been a cute couple with my daughter." Sora and Lillie blushed making Kairi jealous.

"Mother!" Lillie said.

"I'm only kidding," Lusamine said. "But the looks on your faces was priceless." Lusamine laughed.

Sora's cheeks puffed up, "I didn't think it was funny."

"Neither did I," Kairi said also with her cheeks puffed up.

"Sorry, but I couldn't help myself," Lusamine said.

"Well anyway, how is daddy doing?" Lillie asked.

"He's been doing so well since his experience in Ultra Space," Lusamine said.

"And with the Ultra Beasts?" Sora asked. Lusamine looks at the boy. "I know all about it."

"Not surprising. I just wish it was just a bad dream," Lusamine shuddered at the thought. "But I would like to have a look at your Pokédex if you don't mind."

"Um, Sure," Sora said handing her the Pokédex to her.

Lusamine picked up her phone and spoke, "You may enter." Faba stepped in the room.

"Need something ma'am?" Faba asked.

"Upgrade this young man's Pokédex if you please?" Lusamine instructed handing him the Pokédex.

"Yes ma'am," Faba said. Faba did some fiddling with it for a few minutes until it was ready. "Finished." Faba handed the Pokédex to Sora.

"What did you just do?" Sora asked.

"I just added the data of the Ultra Beasts into your Pokédex. And I must admit, I am amazed by how much data you've collected," Faba said. "Give it a whirl." Sora did some looking up and searched for the word Ultra Beast. Ten search results popped up. Sora remembered hearing about Nihilego and went to that entry. Nihilego's image popped up.

Nihilego, the Parasite Pokémon

Type: Rock/Poison

One of the Ultra Beasts. It's unclear whether or not this Pokémon is sentient, but sometimes it can be observed behaving like a young girl.

"Looked more like a Water Type," Sora said.

"That, my boy is UB-01 Symbiont. Otherwise known as Nihilego," Faba said.

"And that's the Pokémon that tried to Lillie into their world," Kairi pointed out.

Sora remembered the story she and Gladion shared with the couple just after he competed in the P-1 Grand Prix.

"And there's something else," Faba said. "Just for you and Riku."

"What?" Sora asked curiously.

"What could you have in mind?" Riku asked.

"We have something for you two to have just in case," Lusamine said. Faba took out two Premier Balls to the two boys. "Take one." They did exactly that when they held the Premier Balls in their hands. They opened to reveal two Type: Null to them. Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Isa were surprised to see these two Pokémon called out.

"Are these?" Sora asked.

"They are," Riku said. "Type: Null."

"So cool," Ventus said trying to contain his excitement.

Sora thought about his Pokédex and remembered about when Gladion stopped him from using it in the first place. Then he remembered the upgrade Red put on his Pokédex.

(Flashback, in the Shadow Empire's world)

"What is it that you wanna ask me?" Red asked.

"Well, I was wondering what you did to my Pokédex?" Sora asked. "When I came across an actual Mewtwo and my Pokédex picked it up and I would have known if anybody has heard about it."

"That's right. You would have," Red said. "I planted that data into your Pokédex. The same for two other Pokémon called Type: Null and Silvally. You should have all the data on them when you look them up."

"Why?" Sora asked.

"Because, you need all the information you can get," Red said.

(Back to the preaent)

Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the two Pokémon.

Type: Null, the Synthetic Pokémon

Type: Normal

The heavy control mask it wears suppresses its intrinsic capabilities. This Pokémon has some hidden special power.

"Whoa," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"And you will both need these," Lusamine said taking out two cases containing discs for each Pokémon Type, excluding Normal. "They can only be able to use them when they're both a Silvally."

"Was Gladion's Silvally the only one?" Sora asked.

"It was until I created them," Faba said. "And I trust you will both take care of them." Sora's Type: Null approached its new trainer looking at him.

"I promise that I will," Sora vowed.

"Me too," Riku said. He called his Type: Null back inside. Sora's Type: Null nuzzles Sora making him laugh.

Everyone looked on as they watched both Pokémon and trainer get to know one another.

"Well, that didn't take long," Kiawe said.

"I'll say. I have a feeling that his new Pokémon is much like its trainer," Lea said.

"Gotta hand it to him. Sora and Riku have a special way with Pokémon," Illima said.

Sora brought out his brand new Pokémon and introduced it to the other Pokémon. Many of them were surprised to see this new Pokémon before them.

"Hey, guys. Meet Type: Null. Our new friend," Sora said. "Type: Null, these are your new friends." Type: Null walked up to them. Butterfree gave the new Pokémon a hello, and the same thing for the pink Butterfree. Type: Null looked around and saw how accepted it felt. Lana's sisters were ecstatic to meeting Sora's Pokémon. Sora and Kairi were worried about the big Pokémon scaring them; but they were super excited since it was some they never seen before.

"What neat Pokémon! A pretty Lapras! A blue Venomoth! A Nidorino and a Nidorina!" Haunter appeared before the twins and gave some funny faces at the twins making them laugh.

"Don't get too carried away, girls," Lana said.

"Gotta admit that you did an amazing job with these Pokémon," Moylane said.

"Thanks, Moylane. That means a lot. So, what Pokémon Type do you specialize in?" Sora asked.

"My cousin uses Steel Type Pokémon. And he's pretty good," Sophocles said.

"Steel Types, huh?" Sora asked interested. Kairi knew that look. "How about you show me how good you are in a battle?"

Moylane smiled, "I can take you up on that. I won't go easy on you just because you're my cousin's friend."

"I don't want you to go easy on me," Sora said. "I wanna test out Type: Null's power." He looked over to his new Pokémon. "You up for it?" Type: Null nodded.

"You sure that's a good idea, Sora?" Isa asked.

"It would been a good idea to train Type: Null a bit before considering an actual battle," Mallow said.

"Yeah. But it never hurts to get your feet wet," Sora said.

"That's true," Hapu said.

"Both of you go at it," Acerola said.

Kairi, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Harper, Sarah, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Isa watched the battle about to begin. Lusamine, Faba, Professors Oak, Kukui, and Burnet stepped out to watch the battle about to begin.

"Say Sora! Let's make it a double battle!" Moylane called out.

"Good idea!" Sora accepted. "Pikachu! Type: Null! You guys ready?" Pikachu and Type: Null nodded. "Great! Let's go!" Both of Sora's Pokémon got into position for the battle."

Moylane took out two Pokéballs and said, "Then my two Pokémon shall be... Sandslash! Magnezone!" The two Pokéballs opens to reveal his Magnezone and a Sandslash but it was blue and has ice crystals on its back. Sora looked at Moylane's Sandslash.

"Could that be an Alolan Sandslash?" Sora asked taking out his Pokédex.

Sandslash Alolan Form, the Mouse Pokémon

The evolved form of Sandshrew Alolan Form

Type: Ice/Steel

The Sandslash in Alola lived in the deserts until a volcanic eruption had forced this Pokémon into the snowy mountains. This Pokémon's steel spikes are sheathed in ice. Stabs from these spikes cause deep wounds and severe frostbite as well.

"Wouldn't want to have frostbite from one of those," Sora said.

Sora's Sandslash looked at his Alolan counterpart. He wondered how strong that Sandslash is. Sora's Sandslash had to cheer for his trainer to win the battle.

"Go get him, Sora!" Ventus cheered for his cousin. Sora turned around and gave a thumbs up.

"Let's get the show on the road," Sora said.

"My thoughts, exactly. Magnezone! Use Flash Cannon! Sandslash! Use Icicle Crash!" Magnezone fired Flash Cannon while Sandslash fired icicles from its spins and came hurling onto the ground.

"Pikachu! Type: Null! Dodge!" Sora shouted. Both Pokémon avoided the two attacks coming at them. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt on Sandslash! Type: Null! Use Crush Claw on Magnezone!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at the Alolan Sandslash and Type: Null gave a mighty swing at Magnezone. Both Pokémon took the hit. Both of Moylane's Pokémon stands back up. Moylane just smiled confusing Kairi, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua.

"What is he smiling about?" Aqua asked.

"What is he planning to do?" Terra asked.

"If he's planning what I think he's planning, Sora is in for a nasty surprise," Illima said.

"Not bad, Sora. That was pretty impressive, but let's see how you handle this," Moylane said. "Sandslash! Metal Burst!" Sandslash's body glows metallic as it swings its arms in the air. It releases a bright burst of energy from its body at Pikachu.

"Pika!" Pikachu yelped.

"Pikachu!" Sora called out. "Iron Tail on Magnezone! Type: Null! Use Tackle on Sandslash!" Pikachu and Type: Null charged in with their attacks. Pikachu swung at Magnezone with a full force of his metallic tail.

"Magnezone! Protect!" Moylane ordered. Magnezone formed a protective barrier around itself reflecting Pikachu's attack. "Sandslash! Icicle Spear on Type: Null!" Sandslash fired spears of ice from its spines and it hits Type: Null. "Magnezone! Use Electroweb!" Magnezone fires an electrified web hitting both Pikachu and Type: Null.

"Pikachu! Type: Null! Get up!" Sora called out to them. Both Pokémon struggle to stand up. Type: Null stands back up; Pikachu just fell back down beaten. Sora ran up to Pikachu. "You should rest up, buddy."

"Pika." Sora carried Pikachu and handed him to Ventus. "Pikachu."

"Don't worry about it, Pikachu. Just take it easy," Sora said. Sora patted Pikachu on the head.

"Chu," Pikachu said.

"Don't worry, Sora. I'll look after Pikachu for you," Ventus said.

"Thanks, Ven," Sora said. He turned towards Type: Null. "Type: Null. I only known you for a short time, but I known that you can do it. Just don't give up until it's over." Type: Null looks at its trainer and saw the sincerity in his eyes. "I know you're strong enough. I believe in you." With that said, Type: Null's mask started to shatter and everyone were amazed to see Type: Null's evolution. Kairi, Riku, Naminé, the Alolan nine Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all recognized it while Lea and Isa were totally shocked. Harper and Sarah looked at the Pokémon with stars in their eyes.

"What is that?!" Lea asked.

"Silvally," Kairi answered.

"That thing is Silvally?" Isa asked.

"Yes it is," Lillie said. "My brother has one of his own. I can't help but wonder how Sora handles his new Silvally."

Sora was amazed by the sight of his new Pokémon. He remembered how amazed he was when he first saw Silvally. He took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Silvally, the Synthetic Pokémon

The evolved form of Type: Null

Type: Normal

Its trust in its partner is what awakens it. This Pokémon is capable of changing its type, a flexibility that is well displayed in battle.

"And I know how it's done," Sora said putting his Pokédex away and taking out his Fire Memory. "Let's turn up the heat!" Sora threw the Fire Memory. "Now you're a Fire Type! We'll make it too hot to handle! Multi-Attack!" Silvally obeyed as the chimeric Pokémon performed its signature move on Molayne's Pokémon. It heavy damage due to the Type change.

Moylane was caught off guard by Type: Null's evolution. He knew at least one of them would evolve into a Silvally at some point, but that was sooner than he expected.

"Magnezone! Sandslash!" Moylane called out. Both of his Pokémon were down for the count. "No way! I've lost!" He adjusted his glasses and laughed. He called both his Pokémon back. "Not too bad, Sora! When Sophocles said that you're a good trainer, you weren't kidding. You handled your new Pokémon pretty well."

"Thanks, Moylane. You weren't bad yourself," Sora said. The two trainers shook each other's hands. Over to the adults.

"That Sora kid is even better than I thought," Professor Kukui said.

"I told you. Sora has some real potential. To be honest, I kinda doubted it until I have witnessed this display," Professor Oak said.

"I agree with the potential part. He was able to handle Faba's creation without a problem," Lusamine said. "You've outdone yourself once again, Faba."

"Well, what can I expect from my own genius? But, I was surprised to see how well he was able to handle that one. It was so rambunctious in those days, while the other one was pretty serious," Faba said.

"At least you treated them better than the first one," Professor Burnet said. The adults continued to talk among themselves.

A few hours later, Lusamine, Molayne, and Faba started to head back into Alola.

"It was good to see you again, mother. But you sure you have to go?" Lillie asked.

"The Aether Foundation needs its president. But when you see your brother, tell him that I said hello," Lusamine said.

"I won't forget. I love you," Lillie said.

"And I love you," Lusamine said. Both mother and daughter hugged each other.

Professor Kukui and Burnet decided to stay a little longer since it'll give them some alone time and get to know Sora as well. Harper and Sarah wanted to stick around a little longer. It turns out Lana's mother gave them permission to stick around, much to her dismay.

"Say Harper and Sarah. Would you two like to go for a ride?" Sora asked the twins.

"Really?!" The twins exclaimed.

"Really! But only if Lana says you can okay?" Sora asked. Harper and Sarah begged their big sister.

"Please Lana! Please, please, please, please?" Harper and Sarah begged.

"Okay, I'll let you. Just stop bugging me!" Lana said.

"Yay!" The twins cheered.

Ventus wanted to join in since riding on one of Sora's Pokémon seems like a fun idea. Ventus rode Tauros back while the twins rode on Silvally along with Sora and Pikachu.

"Okay, Silvally! You ready?" Sora asked as Silvally roared. "Then go for it!" Silvally ran across the field with the twins cheering. Kairi watched them ride on Silvally and how much fun their having. Kairi felt a little jealous at the sight, but she smiled at how good he was to them. When the ride was over, Sora took the twins off Silvally's back. "You had fun?"

"We did!" Lana's sisters said.

"Great!" Sora said. He ruffled their hair laughing. Kairi walked up to her boyfriend and smiled. The twins looks at Kairi.

"You're very pretty," Harper said.

"Very pretty," Sarah added.

"Thank you. You're very sweet," Kairi said smiling.

"You have to be lucky to be Sora's girlfriend," the twins both said.

Kairi blushed at the compliment. Kairi places Togepi down so she can rub them on the head. The twins giggles.

"I'm kinda jealous of you Lana," Kairi said.

"Why?" Lana asked.

"I wished I had a little sister of my own," Kairi said. "Then again, two little sisters."

Riku, Naminé, and Eevee left Professor Oak's lab to have dinner with his mother. Riku knew very much she was using it an excuse to embarrass him, but he had to endure it anyway he can. When they reached the hotel room, Yuna made Riku's favorite; Alolan style curry.

"So, Naminé isn't it? How long have you been traveling with Riku?" Yuna asked.

"For a few months," Naminé answered.

"How did you meet?" Yuna asked.

"We met on the beach back at Porta Vista," Riku said. "Naminé was being bullied and I just happen to come along."

"Just like my Riku. He always did hate bullies," Yuna said.

"What was Riku like as a little boy?" Naminé asked.

Riku dreaded that question. Yuna obliges her question.

"Riku was pretty serious in his younger days," Yuna answered. "But whenever someone would get picked on, Riku always stepped in and give them a lesson they wouldn't forget."

Naminé did remember Riku sticking up to Sora when Gary taunted him. She even remembered when Riku gave Gary a punch on the face for beating up Sora.

"I've seen that on several occasions," Naminé said.

As the three of them ate, they talked more about Riku's childhood; including some of the most embarrassing moments in his life. When they finished eating, Yuna had shown some of Riku's childhood photos, even one Halloween photo when he was the black-suited Spider-Man. And there were several more when Riku was a baby. Naminé cooed at the sight of the baby pictures, embarrassing Riku. Eevee smirked at his trainer making them even.

Over to Kairi's house, Harper and Sarah didn't take long to adjust. Kairi's grandmother was amazed just by how much energy they had. But looking at them reminded her of Kairi at that age. They proceeded to play with Togepi until they fell right to sleep.

On the very next morning, Sora stepped outside of his house at the same time Kairi stepped out of hers.

"Morning, Sora," Kairi greeted.

"Morning, Kairi," Sora greeted back. "How did the night with Lana's sisters go?"

"They were pretty energetic for one thing," Kairi said. "But you gotta admit that they're pretty cute when they sleep."

"I was surprised to see that Lana has two little sisters, and that they look so much like her," Sora said.

"But it was good to meet Sophocles's cousin and Lillie's mom," Kairi said.

"Yeah. Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting it to happen," Sora said. "At the same time, that Faba guy along with Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet. And Riku's mom."

"And not to mention the newest addition to your team," Kairi pointed out.

"Yeah. My Silvally is way different from Gladion's," Sora said.

Kairi put her arms around Sora and smiled. Sora just laughed as he did the same thing. The kissed each on the lips.

"AAAAAAWWWWW!" Sora and Kairi stopped kissing when they saw Harper and Sarah looking at the couple. "You do kiss just like mommy and daddy do."

"Girls! You shouldn't be spying on those two like that!" Lana scolded her sisters.

"We're sorry, Lana," Sarah said.

"We just wanted to see them kiss," Harper said.

Sora just laughed while Kairi just giggled. Sora and Kairi went back to Professor Oak's lab for more training since he knew how fast the tournament was approaching.