Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Sickness, Worry and True Love ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sickness, Worry and True Love - Part 3

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

(I was BellaWaterFlower when I wrote this one)

Type - AAMRN

Rating - PG-13

Genre - Drama/Romance

Description - What if Misty has a terrible disease? What if it is non-curable? Will true feelings come out? And what is Ash hiding? Read on to find out.

Note - This story is set anytime you like it to be, just Ash is not a Pokémon Master. Brock or Tracey won't be in this fic (unless I decide to bring them in) and the Pokémon won't have much of a role. It is mainly just about our fave couple. ^^

"I'm sorry Ash, but we're loosing her. And there's nothing we can do about it any more", Dr. Reeves said.

"No", Ash whispered.

"I'm sorry Ash".

"No, you don't understand. I can't loose her! I won't!" Ash cried as he tried to get past the doctor.

"Ash you have to get a-hold of yourself", the doctor said.

"No no no no no no. Please doctor, please you have to do everything you possibly can. She has to live please", Ash said as he collapsed on the floor crying.

Dr. Reeves gave him a worried look.

"Please, let me try to bring her into consciousness", Ash demanded.

"How?"

"I can do it, I know I can. Just please let me try!"

"Ok", Dr. Reeves decided to let the poor boy give it a shot, "EVERYONE! Please let this boy try something".

The doctors protested, saying that a 14 year old boy could never bring back someone into consciousness. But Ash ignored them, and went up to Misty's bedside. He held her hand, and in tears talked to her.

"Misty. Misty please come back to me. I know I have been mean to you. I know I have made you feel that I hated you. But it was never true. Misty I love you. I have always loved you. But I never told you because I didn't know if you felt the same way. Please Misty, even if you don't love me back I need you. I cannot live my life without you", he said in tears.

The heart monitor didn't change. She had flat lined.

"Misty! No please don't do this to me. You can't. I love you. I will always love you. All you need to do is fight this and then we will be together forever. Please Misty, please come back to me".

The piercing sound of the monitors flat line sound went on. But then,all of a sudden, the heart monitor picked up a steady pace.

"It's a miracle, she's alive", said one of the nurses.

"Huh?" Ash said as he looked up at the monitor.

All of a sudden Misty's eyes started to flutter, and a small groaning sound was heard.

"C'mon Misty you can't do it", Ash pleaded.

Misty's eyes slowly opened and she gave a weak smile.

"Ash", she whispered.

"Misty", he whispered back.

"Ash my time is limited".

"What do you mean, you came back to me".

"Yes, but the angel said that I could only come back for a couple of minutes".

"What?"

"I have already died Ash. But the angel said I could come back to say goodbye to you".

"No Misty. You will stay here with me".

"I heard what you said. And before I go again I just have to say. I love you too Ash. More than anything in the world".

"Misty, please don't leave me. I love you. We have so much ahead of us".

"I'm sorry Ash. But this is my destiny. I have to go back to heaven.

They were both crying now.

"No Misty please. I'll do anything".

"Goodbye Ash. I will be with you, I will love you, forever".

"Misty! No, please don't go. I have already lost my sister I can't loose you too".

Ash leant down and kissed Misty on the lips. A kiss of passion. The same kiss that they had been waiting for since they were 10 years old. Then Ash felt her go limp, and he heard the monitor make that horrible screeching noise. Ash pulled his head up. She was dead.

"No……." Ash started to cry once again, Please. You brought her back once you can do it again. Please please do it for me".

Dr. Reeves came up and put her hand on Ash's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Ash. But there's nothing we can do".

Ash couldn't take it any more. He got up, and ran. He ran out of the room past his mum.

"Ash, what's wrong honey!" she called. But he didn't listen. He ran, straight home. Ignoring the piercing wind slapping his face. Ignoring the rain that pelted down on him, the thunder that he could hear in the distance and the lightning that brightened up the dull sky. He got into the house, only to have a very excited Pikachu run up to him.

"Pika Pi! Pikachu pika pika <Ash, you're home, where's Misty?>"

Ash ignored the small mouse at his feet and ran straight up to his room. He grabbed a CD and threw it into the CD player. Then he turned it up full blast so he couldn't hear Pikachu calling him, and his mum, who had just got home, begging him to come out. Ash laid on his bed and looked out the window. He hadn't cried yet, for the reality that Misty was never coming back hadn't struck him yet. But it was the song that was playing that brought him back, and made him realize what was going on.

Sitting by the window

Singing songs of love

Wishing you were here

Because the memory's not enough

Wear my mask in silence

Pretending I'm alright

If you could see then you would be

Here standing by my side

It may be hard to believe

But girl you're the only one I need

It may be hard along the way

It's this feeling I get

When blue skies turn to gray

Feels like I'm walking in the rain

I find myself trying to wash away the pain

Cause I need you to give me some shelter

Cause I'm fading away

And baby I'm walking in the rain

Every single hour

Of every single day

I need to cry, my eyes are dry

I've cried my tears away

Can't help but remember

How you made me feel

You dressed my soul and made me whole

You made my life complete

It may be hard to believe

But girl you're the only one I need

It may be hard along the way

It's this feeling I get

When blue skies turn to gray

Feels like I'm walking in the rain

I find myself trying to wash away the pain

Cause I need you to give me some shelter

Cause I'm fading away

And baby I'm walking in the rain

Of all we've said and done

Remains the memories

Of days when life was fun

But now when you are gone

I sit alone to watch

The setting of the sun

Feels like I'm walking in the rain

I find myself trying to wash away the pain

Cause I need you to give me some shelter

Cause I'm fading away

And baby I'm walking in the rain

I said baby I'm walking in the rain

Ash couldn't take it any more. He put his head in his hands and cried. He cried for everything. He let it all out. Ash stayed in his room for about 4 days. His mother put food next to the door and every once and a while he would open the door and get it. He just sat in his room and thought.

'I want to die. I want to be with Misty. Why did this have to happen? Why why why? It's all my fault. If I had noticed that she was sick earlier then maybe she could have gotten better. Misty. That name will haunt me forever. I just think of her name and I can see her. I can see what we could have had if she had lived. And I can see our life, together forever. I miss her so much. But what can I do about it? Nothing'.

All of a sudden, one day, Ash's mum came to his door and knocked.

"Ash", she called.

Ash didn't answer.

"Ash, um, Misty's funeral is today. Are you coming?" she said just loud enough for Ash to hear.

'Misty's funeral. Oh no, how can I go? How can I show my face to all those people? I can't I just can't', Ash thought.

"Ash, I'm sure Misty will want you to be there. Please come. Do it for her".

Mrs. Ketchum waited a few minutes and Ash emerged from his room. He had cleaned himself up a bit (he has a bathroom in his room in case you were wondering) but his eyes were still red from crying. And he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"Oh Ash", his mum cried as she hugged him.

Ash was silent the whole way to Cerulean City, where Misty would be buried. The funeral went by. He didn't cry. All his crying had already been done. There were heaps of people there. Her sisters were already there, they hadn't watched her die, but were still very upset. Lots of Misty's family was there. Although Ash didn't see anyone that looked like her parents. Brooke and Snap were there. They had come over before to say sorry. And lastly was Team Rocket. Meowth, Jessie and James were there. In their TR uniforms. They didn't stay for the funeral, just to see Ash. They had given him a single red rose, and then ran off.

It came time for people to speak about Misty's life. And after the priest had said something, he asked Ash to speak.

Ash was stunned, he couldn't move. His mum helped him up and he walked to the front of the crowd.

"Well. Let's see", he said quietly as if he was about to burst into tears, "Misty and I met when she fished me out of a river on the first day of my Pokémon journey. She was with me from day one. I don't know what I'd have done without her. She always cheered me on no matter what and she was always there for me. Sure, we fought a lot. We even acted like we hated each other. But inside I know, I know that she is very important to me. And it wasn't till when she was dying that……that….., we let our true feelings out and admitted that we loved each other. I only wish she was still here. I think of the life we could have had and I wish she was still here with me. I love you Misty", he finished as he burst into tears.

Ash stepped down, crying. Then he ran.

'I can't take this. Everybody looking at me as though everything's going to be all right. Well it's not! Nothing will be all right. Misty's gone. My life is gone', Ash thought.

Ash heard the fading sounds of Pikachu calling him to come back, but ignored them. He ran into the forest. Not knowing where he was going, but not caring. It started to rain. Heavy. But Ash didn't stop. The heavy droplets fell on his face, blurring the view. But he didn't stop. The fog created it hard for him to see. And he could hear thunder in the background. All of a sudden, there was a mountain. Ash slipped, right over it. It was wet and slippery and he couldn't hold on.

'Why am I even holding on? I can just let go and all my troubles will be solved. Nobody will care, my life would be nothing on this planet anyway. No, I can't do that. I have to carry on with Pokémon training for Misty. I have to get back up', Ash thought.

He tried to pull himself up but to no avail. Then, he finally got up, but a huge gust of wind pushed him back. He tried to grip a rock but slipped. Ash fell down the cliff. He screamed for his life but it didn't help. Nobody could save him now.

The next morning the headlines in the paper read: Pokémon trainer from Pallet found dead.

To be continued…

Done. This will NOT BE THE LAST PART!!!!!!!! So don't go and give me bad reviews because Ash died ans nothing can happen now. Remember, this is an AAMRN and the romance is yet to come. The song is used was 'Walking in the rain' by a1.

~Satah