Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 50_Prompts: Theme Set #2 ❯ Theme #41: If You Smile ( Chapter 41 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: If you smile
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #41, If you Smile

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, Shoujo-ai
 
If you smile, I can believe that everything is all right…
 
Lance holds Red close in her arms, stroking her lover's dark hair. She knows that it might be suspicious, but her Hakuryuu are guarding this part of Ilex Forest, and she rubs Red's back soothingly as Red continues to cry.
“I couldn't save her… she was just a little girl, and the Heart Crystal had been gone too long, since it took us forever to chase that Spearow…”
“Red…”
“What's the point, Lance? How can we save the world if we can't even save one child…? And she wasn't even a talisman holder…”
Lance did not answer.
“How many more people have to die, Lance? What are we going to do?”
Lance's voice was quiet. “What we have always done, Red. We will keep walking forwards, because it is our duty and our destiny.”
“I know that….”
Lance brushed a kiss across Red's cheek. “Smile for me?”
Red gazed into golden eyes, and nodded, a wan smile transforming her features. “All right.”
“Now I know we will not lose.” Lance whispered, and Red nodded.
 
End Fic
Completed 11/20/06
Damn… I've been writing a lot of shoujo-ai lately. *Shrugs*