Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Carry On, Blissey ❯ Important Call ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Matron!" an audino called. "The patient in room 31 wishes to see you."

"Not now," I replied. "I've got to do something. I will see the patient after I've sorted this out."

An hour I spent frantically looking around for Nurse Joy, and she was training staff on how to tackle with violent patients and trainers. On top of that, she was going to to judge on a contest after the session. It looks like I won't be seeing her until the evening. What an hour wasted. I could have spent that dealing with patients and staff who could have really used some help.
I actually could have seen the patient in room 31, but all I could think about was Mr. Fierce. Time was running out for him. Sprititomb's scans confirmed that the bad eggs in his body had fully grown and could hatch any time between 1:00 PM and midnight.

The clock was on six.

If I couldn't contact Nurse Joy now, I'd have to seek advice elsewhere. Desperate times for desperate measures. I wasn't sure whether to call the social services or Professor Rowan. Then I remembered, Social Services phone lines close at 5PM.

Which was just silly. When I worked at Kanto, the social services phone line was always open. I guess that's just Professor Rowan. I marched into the nursing office and reached out for the telephone. I dialled up Professor Rowan and within half a minute an image of him appeared on the screen.

"Good evening," Professor Rowan said. "How many I help you, Blissey."

"Hello Professor Rowan, it's Matron from Hearthome City Hospital."

"Hello Matron," Professor Rowan seemed to be relaxed. "What can I do for you?"

"I've come to seek your advice," I told him.

"Matron slow down," requested Professor Rowan. "You're talking far too fast; I can't understand you."

"Sorry," I responded. "We have a swellow has hacked syndrome. He's admitted to being addicted to them for a number of years and his trainer gave them him on a regular basis. The bad eggs in his body are fully developed and can hatch any time this evening. We need the trainer's permission to perform any operations needed."

"Do you believe that this swellow is a victim of substance abuse?" Professor Rowan asked. His facial expressions dropped to a sullen frown.

"Yes we do?" I replied. "When we enquired with the trainer, he ran away."

"Then you have every right to operate," Professor Rowan confirmed. "By the looks of it, it seems that this poor swellow has been released." Professor Rowan held up a heavy book to me and quickly flicked through the pages. "If you take a look at Section 112, chapter seven on Compulsory Policies By The Pokémon Welfare Agency 2012 it clearly states: If nurses have evidence to believe that a patient has a history of substance abuse, then a patient may be operated on without trainer's consent."

I sighed in relief.

"You seem happy, Matron."

"I am," I told the professor. "Very happy. I'll make sure this swellow gets treatment straight away. Thank you for your help, Professor."

"My pleasure," Professor Rowan said with a smile. "Best of luck."

With that, we both hung up on the phone. It was time to get Mr. Fierce into the operating theatre as soon as possible. I jogged into his room and moved him out of the room.

"Plum!" I called one of the vileplumes who had just left a patient's room. "Need you in theatre!" Plum helped move the bed without another word. "Be careful," I told him. "This patient has bad eggs which can hatch any moment."

"Scarmony and Weeper should be in the theatre room," Plum told me.

"Right," I said. I looked down on Mr. Fierce, and hoped that he will be able to make it. "Plum give Mr. Fierce some sleep powder."

Plum's flower head unleashed orange powder that circulated around Mr. Fierce's face. Just as he was about to open his eyes, his eyelids dropped.

Time to get him into theatre.