Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pok'emon Gaiden ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vincent looked around in the dark, wondering the docks of Canalave city looking for someone anyone who would assist him in saving the Abra as he looked around and saw a large building with lights on.
 
Vince made his way to it as his eyesight dimmed and his whole body shook from hunger he had been asleep for five days on that fishing boat and was starting to feel the repercussions.
 
“Pok'emon centre? Damn it! I'm looking for a Pok'emon hospital but there's nowhere else open!” Vincent gritted his teeth as he walked toward the only open building in the town.
 
The double doors slid open as Vincent walked through, the light stinging his eyes as he walked to the counter.
 
“P please help this Pok'emon.” Vince croaked placing the Abra on the table before he collapsed.
 
“Ohh my God!” nurse Joy cried. “Doctor! Get over here this boy is seriously injured.”
 
“I need 2 more nurses! Prep this Pok'emon for surgery, there's a bullet wound in the chest severe cranial damage and the limbs look critical.”
 
2 hours later in the human recovery ward.
 
“Hawahh!” Vince snorted, jolting up in his hospital bed.
 
He blinked several times, focusing his vision looking around to see nurse Joy stood in front of him with a vial of smelling salts.
 
“Sorry about that.” She said with a friendly smile. “But I had to wake you up, you haven't eaten in a while have you?”
 
“Wha what?” Vincent asked confused as he grasped his head in pain, staring at the bandages around his chest.
 
“Y you saw it?” Vince asked, hanging his head in shame.
 
“The brand?” Joy asked as her smile vanished.
 
Vincent nodded, looking up at her. “Don't worry. I'll leave now.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Joy asked glaring at him. “Who burnt you like that? Is it the same person who nearly killed your Pok'emon?”
 
“I it's the mark of shame… Surly you know of it.” Tom asked. “I I was banished from my town after saving Abra. I can never go back.” Vince replied crying.
 
“Mark of shame? For saving a Pok'emon… are you from Tren?” Joy asked.
 
Vince nodded his head.
 
“Well that explains a lot I was wondering why you caught Abra with one of Lances poke' balls.”
 
“Lance?” Vince asked. “The man who came to talk to my town months ago?”
 
“That's him.” Joy replied.
 
“How is Abra?” Vincent inquired changing the subject, wiping his eyes with his wrists.
 
“He's stable.” Joy replied. “It's going to take some time before he can battle again though.”
 
“He? I didn't know Pok'emon had genders.” Vince replied.
 
“You can tell that you're from Tren.” Joy giggled. “Yes Pok'emon have genders, although it's hard to tell with Abra's until they evolve into Kadabra. Then the difference is a lot easier to tell but I checked and you're Pok'emon indeed male.”
 
“Ok I guess I'll take your word for it.” Vincent replied a little confused.
 
“Is that why you haven't named your Pok'emon?”
 
“Named him? Vincent asked, taking a bite out of a cheese and lettuce sandwich.
 
Joy nodded. “It's customary for trainers to give a name to there Pok'emon.”
 
“Umm OK well he's a boy, so he'll have to have a boys name… What did you say he would evolve into again?”
 
“Kadabra.” Joy replied. “But if he were traded while as a Kadabra he would evolve into an Alakazam although I doubt you'd want to trade him.”
 
“I promised Alex I'd protect him. I would never trade him.” Vincent replied.
 
“Ohh Alex? That's a good name.” Joy smiled. “What made you choose that?”
 
“Because his final evolution would be Alakazam and he's a boy so I guess he'd become Alex the Alakazam, it has a nice ring to it.”
 
“A play on words?” Joy asked. “But what about Allen or Alistair?”
 
“Alex was the first one to pop into my head.” Vincent replied. “Can I see him?”
 
“Now you've finished your meal yes, but I should warn you. Don't expect him to be fighting any trainer battles for a while.”
 
“Battle?” Vincent asked. “Battle? Why would Alex want to battle again?”
 
“Well you're his trainer are you not?” Joy asked.
 
“Trainer? I have no intention of being a trainer.”
 
“Then what will you do?” Joy asked.
 
“I I don't know.” Vince replied, hopping out of bed. “Where is he?”
 
“Come I'll take you to him.” Joy replied. “He's in the ward with the other victims of Pok'emon cruelty.”
 
“Is this common then?” Vince asked a little worried.
 
Joy frowned. “It is I'm afraid. A lot of it is to do with the Pok'emon kidnappers: team Silex.”
 
“Team Silex?” Vince asked looking up at Joy, hearing the venom in her voice.
 
“They steal and sell on Pok'emon to the highest bidder for death sports and other sick things like pok'ephilia and people who just murder them for fun.
“Team Silex kill anyone in their way even… even trainers Joy replied, trying to fight the tears.
 
Vincent remained silent not wanting to probe any farther as they walked past the Pok'emon A.E ward.
 
“Alex is on the bed on the far side of the room.” Joy replied.
 
Vince walked ahead and looked around at the Pok'emon in the ward.
 
There was a Shinx with horrible scratches all over its body and face.
 
A Lopunny with a missing ear, trembling clutching its pillow tightly.
 
Other Pok'emon had horrific injuries, Vincent felt ill as he walked up to Alex.
 
“H hey Abra I I came up with a name for you.”
 
Abra shuffled a little looking up at Vince.
 
“It's Alex. Do you like it?” Vincent asked.
 
*Thank you.* Vincent heard in his head.
 
“Wha what?” Vince shivered, looking around
 
*It's telepathy.* He heard again. *It's me, Alex.*
 
Vince looked down to Alex who looked back.
 
*As a Pok'emon without compatible vocal chords I cannot speak your language but I understand it enough to converse telepathically* Alex explained.
 
Vince looked around the room as he took in the conversation.
 
Joy looked confused as she approached the two on the bed. “What are you”-
 
*I was speaking to Vincent as I am now to the two of you nurse Joy, thank you for patching me up by the way*
 
“Wha wow I, I Can't believe it! You can use telepathy in your basic evolutionary form.”
 
*It is a little exhausting.* Alex replied. *But I found that the stone to my skull jolted my psychic potential. I can even use a little telekinesis.* Alex confirmed as he lifted himself out of bed floating in midair.
 
*As you can see I have a few advantages over other Abra now, witch is why I want to stay with you as your Pok'emon Vincent, to aid your cause.*
 
“M my what?” Vince replied, staring at Alex in disbelief.
 
*You want to fight don't you; you want to stop these things happening to Pok'emon. Legally you cannot set out as a trainer until you are twelve years of age, but then again you don't want to be a trainer do you? So I have a proposition for you.*
 
“A proposition?” Vince questioned.
 
*You are not comfortable with using me as your Pok'emon. You don't have to say It, I can see into your mind. Let us become… partners I want to be great like everyone and as do so many other Pok'emon*
 
“As equals?” Vincent replied, smiling.
 
*Exactly.* Alex confirmed.
 
“No Pok'e ball, no wondering around naked and you'll have to speak for yourself.” Vincent replied smirking.
 
*I can deal with that, partner.* Alex nodded, reaching his non broken arm out.
 
Vincent took it and shook hands on this promise.
 
Joy on the other hand was not so impressed.
 
“What do you mean go protect Pok'emon from team Silex?!” You don't know what you're getting into!” She cried. “You'll be killed!”
 
“I'm dead already Joy.” Vince replied. “I died when I received this brand.”
 
Joy slapped Vince across the face. “Y your just like him!” Joy cried as she ran off from the ward.
 
Vince rubbed his stinging cheek.
 
*You pissed her off.* Alex noted.
 
“Ohh you think!?” Barked Vincent. “Ahh whatever, come on.”
 
*I agree.* Alex replied. *If I am your equal I want to have a bed in the same ward as you.*
 
(Authors Note:- Unless you haven't figured it out Alex speaks telepathically. For telepathy and thoughts I will use the * symbol for all other talking it's the usual “ .)