Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon Adventures ❯ Episode 2: Cranidos, Rages In ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Episode 2: Cranidos, Rages In

"Ahhhh! What a great day this is, today. Feel the nice fresh air, Paul," Kairi grinned, stretching both her arms out in the air and yawning.

"Hn," Paul replied not really saying anything, as the two of them continued on their way, heading towards Viridian City.

"Paul! Are you even paying any attention, to me?" Kairi said as she turned around and stopped all of a sudden glaring at Paul, hands on her hips.

"Hn," Was her answer from Paul again. It seemed like Paul's mind was elsewhere at the moment.

Of course since Kairi had been walking in front of Paul and she stopped all of a sudden she didn't realize the situation she was in. Where Paul wasn't really paying any attention to her, he didn't stop walking when she did. And as a result slammed right into her. The two of them then fell right slam onto the ground, him on top of her and Kairi on her back. The way this looked, if anyone was to come by it would look like the two were getting ready to have sex.

"What do you think you're doing!" Kairi screamed at Paul. She had this huge blush on her face as did Paul. Well, at least NOW he was paying her attention.

Paul also shared a similar blush on his face as well. He just got up onto his feet dusting himself off, not even bothering to help Kairi up,"Well, you shouldn't have stopped all of a sudden in the middle of the Route."

"Well, you should have been paying more attention! Didn't your parents teach you manors!" Kairi demanded as she got to her feet, shaking her fist in anger at Paul. Now her face was turning red in anger.

"Didn't I tell you, not to slow me down?" Paul told her, in anger,"Next time this happens I'm leaving you behind."

Now Kairi was way beyond pissed off,"Whyyyy you!" She reached out and slapped Paul across the face in anger. For a moment there Paul looked like he was going to get mad again. But instead he just touched his hand to his face and smirked at her. Kairi had a lot of guts to slap him like that and he was very impressed. He was also somewhat attracted to the brown haired girl, but he'd never admit it though.

'Is he smirking at me?' Kairi wondered,"Now what's your problem, huh!"

"Nothing," Paul said as he turned around and begin walking off. Kairi and Pikachu ran to catch up with him.

"Hey! Wait up!" Kairi called. Just then she tripped over a Cranidos,"Oh! Sorry about that," she told the Cranidos. But it looked mad. It leaned in to charge at her with a headbutt attack.

Kairi screamed as she squeezed her eyes shut and waited for the impact. It never came,"What are you, an idiot? When a wild Pokemon's charging at you, you just don't sit there screaming your head off," Paul told her.

Kairi opened her eyes and noticed, Paul had picked her up, getting her out of harm's way just in time,"Well, excuse me for having a twisted ankle," Kairi said rolling her eyes.

"What!" Paul said, sounding shocked. Apparently he hadn't noticed that Kairi had injured her foot. And for a moment he had this look of concern on his face, like he was worried about her. He actually sit Kairi down gently on the ground. He then turned around and faced the Cranidos who had already turned around and started charging back for more,"Perfect! Just what I've been looking for. This one's mine," Paul smirked. He pulled out a Pokeball,"Turtwig! Stand by for battle!"

There was a bright flash of light as a green looking dinosaur looking Pokemon with a leaf on its head appeared,"Turtwig!" He cried as he appeared from his Poke Ball.

"So, Turtwig was the Pokémon you got at the lab," said Kairi.

Paul smirked at her, then turned towards the rampaging Cranidos and said,"Turtwig, use Energy Ball!"

Turtwig built up energy from his mouth in the shape of a green looking ball of light. And just as Cranidos was right on him he let it fly,"Turt WIG!" The attack hit the Cranidos sending him sliding across the ground. But he was far from out.

"Cran!" Cranidos cried, as he leaned down and ran at Turtwig using a Zen Headbutt.

"Dodge it and use Vine Whip to toss Cranidos!" Paul ordered.

"Turt! Wig!" Turtwig cried out. He jumped into the air making Cranidos' attack miss him. He then used his Vine Whip attack to grab Cranidos around the middle. With a loud cry, Turtwig threw Cranidos into the air, making him land on his side.

"Dos!" Cranidos screamed painfully as he landed on his side. Paul smirked at the Cranidos. It was still not knocked out. Normally it takes a lot to impress Paul. But he was very impressed by this Pokemon. He couldn't wait to begin training it.

"Razor Leaf!" Paul called out.

"Turtwig!" Turtwig screamed. He jumped up into the air at his trainer's command and sent a lot of razor sharp green leafs down at Cranidos, at a fast speed. The attack hit cutting into Cranidos' body. You could see blood linking out of his many wounds, as the leafs cut him.

"Now! Come down with a Tackle attack," Paul ordered. Turtwig came down head first hitting the Crandos on top of his head cracking its head some. Wow! Looked like that would hurt later. However Paul didn't realize his mistake he had made though. A Cranidos has been known to have a head as hard as diamonds, so as a result Turtwig fell off of Cranidos and shook dizzily as he moaned in pain. His eyes went all swirly. Both Pokemon fainted,"Weakling," Paul grunted as he called his Turtwig back into his Poke Ball and then threw an empty ball at the Cranidos.

The Cranidos was sucked up into the Poke Ball in a bright flash of light. Paul waited as he watched the Poke Ball shake, a red light blinking in the center as it shook. It shook three times before it finally dinged, signaling Paul had captured the Cranidos. He went over and picked up the ball attaching it to his belt,"Come on. Let's go," he told Kairi.

"Uh…haven't you forgotten something?" Kairi asked him.

"What!" Paul snapped.

"Twisted ankle, remember," Kairi reminded Paul, as she pointed to her foot.

"So? Take care of it yourself. I don't have time for this. I'm leaving," Paul turned around and started walking away.

But then the girl's Pikachu ran out in front of Paul,"Pikachu! Pika pika!" Pikachu demanded in an angry tone of voice, stating that if Paul just left Kairi there injured by herself, she'd probably be attacked by a wild Pokemon and get hurt even worse.

Paul heard sobbing behind him. He turned around and looked and saw Kairi crying, tears in her eyes. He then all of a sudden felt a tingle of guilt run up his chest for leaving her hurt and not doing a thing about it,"Damn!" Paul cursed,"I don't have time for this," he sounded annoyed as he quickly pulled the first aid kit out of his backpack and went and sit down on the ground next to Kairi,"Take off your shoe and sock," he ordered.

Kairi nodded as she reached down and pulled off her shoe and then her blue sock, the tears of pain still rolling down her face. Paul grabbed her foot and looked it over,"Well nothing seems broken, but you'll have to stay off of it for the rest of the night," Paul told her. He took out some bandages and wrapped up her ankle.

Kairi watched Paul work, the whole time thinking,'So, he does have a soft side, after all.' After Paul finished his work, he put the first aid kit back up into his backpack. He then pulled Kairi to her feet, after the shoe and sock had been put back on. She moaned in pain and cried out.

Paul rolled his eyes in an annoyed manner,"Here," he said, turning his back to her and leaning down. Kairi climbed onto Paul's back and wrapped her arms around his neck, where he reached around and held the girl in place. He then started walking to Viridian City.

"Pika pika chu," Pikachu ran up to Paul and jumped onto his shoulder.

'Just great! Now I'm like that dork, Ash! I got a damn Pikachu, on my shoulder! And on top of that I'm giving a girl a piggyback ride!' Paul screamed in his mind as he continued walking. Paul saw the gates of Viridian City ahead just as the sun started to set,"See how you slowed me down, Kairi. It took us all day just to get to Viridian City, when it should have taken only a few hours," Paul told her.

Kairi was in too much pain to argue back with him right now. So she just thought,'Jerk! It wasn't me, it was the Cranidos. You're the one who decided you wanted to catch it.' Paul walked towards the Pokemon Center with Kairi still ridding on his back, and her Pikachu on his shoulder. There was a wanted poster of Team Rocket on the doors to the Pokemon Center. Paul ignored the poster as he made his way into the center. The automatic doors opening up as he walked towards them and went inside.

"Welcome to the Viridian City, Pokemon Center. I'm Nurse Joy, how may I help you..." Nurse Joy from the counter started to say, when she noticed the girl on the boy's back,"What happened!" The pink haired woman in the ponytails and nurse's outfit asked. She noticed Kairi seemed like she was hurt, very badly.

"We were attacked by a wild Cranidos on Route 1. Kairi tripped over it and twisted her ankle," Paul explained to Nurse Joy.

"Oh no! I knew Officer Jenny should of put the warning on the route too," the nurse sighed.

"What warning?" Paul asked her.

Nurse Joy pointed at the poster beside the counter. It said,"Warning! Beware of Cranidos on Route 1. These Pokemon are very visous and have been known to attack even humans. Be very careful."

Paul was byond pissed off now,"Why didn't we see this warning as we were entering the route from Pallet Town, huh!"

"The wind must have blew the sign away. We've been getting a lot of heavy winds lately," Nurse Joy told Paul.

"Blew away!" Paul screamed in anger,"Tell her she should be more careful about how she sets up signs! Someone could get hurt!"

"Like me?" Kairi asked him.

"Shut up! I'm complaining right now!" Paul screamed.

"Well, excuse me, for living!" Kairi finally argued back.

"And another thing," Paul said, turning back to Nurse Joy.

"Yes, what is it?" Nurse Joy asked him. Her ears were ringing somewhat from Paul's hollering at her.

"Could you look after our Pokemon, and give us rooms for the night?" Paul asked her.

"Sure I can," the kind nurse smiled. Pikachu jumped up onto the counter and Paul reached around and grabbed Kairi's Starly's Poke Ball and handed it along with his two, to the nurse. She then handed them two room keys. The rooms were numbered seven and eight. So, that meant there rooms were right next to each other,"Ok, so your Pokemon will be ready within fifteen minutes."

Paul thanked Nurse Joy as he took the keys and carried Kairi up to one of the rooms and sit her down on the bed,"I'll bring you your Pokemon," he told her.

"Thank you Paul," Kairi told him.

"Hn," Paul said as he left the room. Kairi then got dressed into her pyjamas which was hard to do sitting down but she managed to do it. She then pulled some juice out of her bag and then she pulled out a Aspin and took it, for the pain in her ankle. She kept on replaying the scene over and over again in her mind. She then fell back onto the bed and fell asleep instantly. About fifteen minutes later Paul came back knocking on her door,"Kairi?" He called,"Can I come in?" There was no answer. Paul opened the door a crack and noticed she was sleeping. Pikachu pushed his way in and grabbed Pidove's Poke Ball from Paul and ran over to Kairi. He placed Pidove's Poke Ball into her bag and curled up at Kairi's feet and went to sleep.

"Hn," Paul said, as he closed the door back. He then made his way to his own room, where he then stripped down to nothing and took a bath in the private bathroom that was in his room. The sun had already set now and it was dark outside. Paul sit in the tub wondering,'Why? Why did I help that girl anyway? All it did was slow my journey down. It's not like me at all to help someone. Am I going soft? Ever since I lost to Ash in the Sinnoh League have I lost my touch?'

See, Paul wasn't really a beginning trainer but had decided to start all over again from scratch in the Kanto Pokemon League, after he had lost the Sinnoh League he wanted to start a new journey. He had left all of his Pokemon behind with his older brother. Even his Torterra who was his original starter in Sinnoh when he was just a small Turtwig. Then he had gone off to Kanto while Ash went to the Innova region. But when Paul got to Kanto and met Professor Oak, he found out that Professor Oak was carrying the starters from all the regions. And right away he requested a Turtwig. All that was on Paul's mind as he washed. He then got out of the tub and dried off and changed into his boxers and went to bed, hoping that this time things would be different.