Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Quest ❯ The Fall of the Legends ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pokemon Quest
 
Things had started to look bad for the legends. Despite their best efforts, Palkia and Dialga were finally starting to overpower them. Let's start with the air movers since they were mentioned first in chapter 23.
 
Manaphy and Phione were looking extremely weak after Palkia had hit them with each with Dragon Claw. Darkrai and Cresselia had landed many blows to the dragon such as Dark Pulse and Aurora Beam. However, Palkia shook off the pain easily and was still fighting strong as ever.
 
Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf were unable to fight back as they were busy making sure Manaphy and Phione were okay. The two water spirits had taken in so much damage that they needed to be carried inside a magical barrier created by the trio. If it hadn't been for these three Pokemon, the siblings would have fallen for their death.
 
Darkrai grimaced and commanded, “Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, leave us! This is too dangerous! We'll take Palkia by ourselves!”
 
The three gave him a worried stare as Cresselia nodded and stated, “It's for the best. If Manaphy and Phione regain full strength, don't hesitate to join us again, but until then, we want you to be safe.”
 
The land movers, while they certainly packed more of a punch, weren't doing too well either. Heatran and Arceus were the only ones still standing as Regirock, Regice and Registeel had been vanquished.
 
Even Regigigas had been thwarted. What were the two to do with their best allies out cold?
 
“I'm surprised we even lasted longer than they did,” Arceus sighed, “Dialga's going to kill us.”
 
“He won't do that,” Heatran replied, “Varen wants us captured, so Dialga has no motivation to go that far.”
 
“WE NEED TO END THIS NOW!!!” Arceus snapped, “And I have a plan! You know how he can slow down time, right?”
 
Heatran nodded while blinking, not sure where the centaur was going with this. Arceus grinned and said, “I'll go in to strike him while you unleash Earthquake. He'll be too busy trying to hit me with his Roar of Time to notice your attack.”
 
“But wait,” Heatran remarked, “Roar of Time doesn't just slow you down! It also deals more damage than any of his other attacks can! You'll be hurt!”
 
“So what?” Arceus replied, “We were expecting to lose this battle, anyway. Our job is to slow him down, not beat him.”
 
The dinosaur replied as he stomped his foot hard into the ground. Arceus charged at the wolf dragon while Dialga did exactly what the centaur expected him to do. He opened his mouth and let out a loud roar, drastically slowing Dialga down to the point where it looked like he wasn't moving at all.
 
But before the wolf could add to the damage, the Earthquake struck him from underneath and sent a great pain coursing through his veins. To make things even better, time had returned to normal for Arceus and the centaur looked as if he'd taken in no damage from the previous attack, opening his mouth and striking Dialga with Hyper Beam.
 
Darkrai noticed Palkia preparing another attack as his eye gleamed, the ghost creating ten copies of himself. This was known as Double Team, and the one Palkia's attack hit was merely an illusion.
 
Darkrai saw this as the perfect opportunity to hit the dragon with another Shadow Ball while Cresselia added to the damage with another Aurora Beam. This was turning out better than expected. The good guys were actually winning this battle.
 
But seconds before this could happen, a cage with energy bars floated up into the area above them. Darkrai's eyes went open when he noticed Shaymin locked in this cage as did Heatran from down below.
 
“Shaymin, are you okay!?” Darkrai asked as an image of Varen appeared within a beam of light above the cage.
 
“Hello, gentlemen, or gentle monsters, whichever you prefer,” the man stated as the legends scowled at him. How dare he show his face after all he'd done? Of course, Varen was simply creating this image from his office, which Anna had left for a reason yet to be revealed.
 
“I have your precious Shaymin in my grasp,” the man said, “but I assume you already knew that.”
 
“What are you planning!?” Cresselia snapped as the man simply grinned replying, “I intend to blow your little friend to smithereens.”
 
Darkrai's eyes went wide when Palkia regained focus and started charging up its dragon breath, head facing Shaymin's cage. To make things more complicated, Dialga noticed the cage and started charging an attack of his own, pointing up towards the floating cage, Heatran and Arceus in panic.
 
Varen was truly a despicable man. He had gone so far to threaten the life of a great friend to the legendary Pokemon just to get his way.
 
“DON'T KILL HER!!!!” Darkrai spat, knowing it was pointless, but much to his surprise, Varen shrugged and replied, “Fine. I won't.”
 
No, this was too good to be true. Cresselia and Darkrai both knew something was going on.
 
“What's the catch?” the ghost-like Pokemon asked as Team Advent's leader gasped and remarked sarcastically, “How did you know there would be one? Well, I think it should be obvious, but you're going to have to trade your freedom for hers. Yes, I'll even go so far as to release her.”
 
Darkrai lowered his head, feeling rather ashamed it had to come to this. He knew it would ruin life as he knew it, though, but what was he to do?
 
Shaymin let out various cries as Darkrai took in her words and said, “I'm sorry, Shaymin. I know you'd be happy to sacrifice yourself for the greater good, but we legends stick by one-another through thick and thin. I will not sacrifice your life.”
 
“And that is why you fail,” Varen replied smugly as a series of choppers surrounded Darkrai and Cresselia, collars placed around their necks. As part of the deal, they were not to resist, so soon enough their lives belonged to Varen.
 
Heatran and Arceus had just received the same treatment. Since the Regi Pokemon had a natural immunity to mind control, they were simply ignored. They'd taken in too much damage to continue anyway.
 
But luckily, Varen didn't know that Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Manaphy and Phione were hiding behind a rock nearby. The five witnessed the event take place as the legendary heroes had given their freedom over to Team Advent.
 
“As promised, I will release Shaymin from her cage,” Varen stated, “She's useless to me now anyway.”
 
However, he had not freed Shaymin in the way Darkrai had hoped the man would. Instead, the bottom of her cage was opened up as she fell towards the ground. If she landed, she would surely suffer a fatal injury at the very least.
 
But as luck would have it, Darkrai's three faithful companions were nearby. As Manaphy and Phione no longer needed the barrier to protect them, the trio flew over to where Shaymin was about to land and formed a bubble made entirely out of energy. The second the hedgehog Pokemon touched it, her body was slowly consumed into the bubble.
 
Shaymin opened her eyes and was quite relieved to see the light surrounding her, but she couldn't remain happy knowing that he top fighters had sold their souls to Team Advent. However, it was a good thing Varen didn't have the remaining five.
 
See, Varen had no intention to using the Legendary Pokemon themselves to enslave the human race. He only wanted one Pokemon, and that was the legendary Giratina. His plan was to revive the ancient Dragon who had almost destroyed life and in order to do that, he needed the combined power of certain legends. Two dragons, a spirit, a swan, two water sprites and three magical creatures: without the five little ones, Varen could not accomplish his goal.
 
Within Team Advent's base, Sarah stormed through the hallway on Onix's back while he and Sudowoodo plowed through various agents. But just when things were looking up, Onix ran into something large and blue and this caused him to stop abruptly.
 
Sarah recovered from the shock of it all and noticed that this obstacle was a Nosepass. When she saw the owner riding atop it, she let out a smile and sniffed saying, “You actually escaped, Anna!”
 
“I can't escape if I'm not a prisoner,” the young girl replied, leaping off of Nosepass as Sarah blinked asking, “What are you talking about?”
 
Anna explained to Sarah what Varen had told her as the woman's eyes went wide. Anna wasn't supposed to know that Varen was her father.
 
“Anna,” Sarah sniffed, “do you honestly believe that dad intends to bring peace to mankind!? HE'S TRYING TO SUMMON A BEING THAT ALMOST DESTROYED EARTH!!!!!”
 
“Yes, but daddy can control him,” Anna replied, “You only think he's evil because you're scared of change. If you can't accept what he's doing, I'll have to stop you.”
 
Before Sarah could respond, the girl pointed forward shouting, “Nosepass, use Earth Power on that Onix!”
 
Sarah gritted her teeth when Nosepass stomped his foot against the ground causing the Earth to vibrate underneath Onix, the rock snake crying out in pain. Sarah had to do all she could to stop Varen's plan, and if beating her sister was the key to this, so be it.
 
“Alright, you little brat,” Sarah snapped, “If you're truly going to serve the side of evil, I have no choice but to stop you!”
 
Sarah put on a serious look as she shouted, “ONIX, USE IRON TAIL!!!!!” the rock snake temporarily changing his tail into a metal one and struck Nosepass over the head. Before the totem could respond, Onix rammed his head into Nosepass' skull and proceeded to wrap his snake-like body around the totem's body. This was known as bind and Onix was barely long enough to pull it off on this giant walking menace.
 
However, much to Sarah's surprise, Anna simply smiled and said calmly, “Use rock throw,” Nosepass prying Onix off of him and using the snake as a rock, hurling him into the wall.
 
This was actually enough to finish Onix as Sarah gritted her teeth, returning Onix to his ball and snapped, “Anna, you are far too gullible for your own good! I am only doing this because I care about you!”
 
Next up was Sudowoodo. The tree-like Pokemon glared at Nosepass as Sarah said, “I don't care how you do it, but I want you to hit that thing with Wood Hammer.”
 
“I cannot allow that,” Anna replied while giving Nosepass a command, the totem attempting Earth Power again. Luckily, Sudowoodo was faster than Onix, so all she needed to do was leap over the incoming tremor and land her branch straight into the totem's face.
 
Despite being a physical attack performed by a rock type, Wood Hammer was a grass type attack so Nosepass took in major damage from it. Sudowoodo proceeded to unleashing a series of Hammer Arms, which was a fighting type move.
 
It all seemed perfect until Anna smiled warmly while saying, “Use Rock Smash.”
 
Sarah was shocked. How had Nosepass learned Rock Smash? Nevertheless, the attack hit Sudowoodo hard and the tree-shaped creature was out like a light.
 
`This is it,' Sarah thought, pulling out her last Pokeball, `You can do it, Golem.'
 
With that, she sent out a turtle with a boulder-like shell. Sarah gave her Golem a command as the creature stomped his foot against the ground, unleashing Earthquake.
 
After all the damage taken in earlier, Nosepass could not deal with anymore and passed out. Anna returned him with a smile and said, “You may have beaten him, but you have five more to deal with.”
 
What? What did Anna mean by five more? Didn't the young girl only have two Pokemon?
 
“Make me proud, Rampardos!” the girl shouted as she released her new dinosaur from his ball. Sarah was shocked and before she could even respond, Golem was done for. How could this happen? Sarah had always been better than Anna. How could Anna have become so strong?
 
“Either join us or leave,” Anna stated with a rather cold tone of voice, her usual smile gone, “I beat you, so you have to leave Daddy and his plans alone!”
 
Sarah fell to her hands and knees, letting down tears. How could this have happened? This was horrible.
 
But just when things were looking their worst, a young boy's voice entered the area shouting, “ANNA, YOU'RE FREE!!!”
 
Sarah was shocked to see Jacob and Izy there as they ran over to their friend, embracing her and shouting, “We were so worried about you!”
 
“It's okay,” Anna replied as Sarah grunted, pointed a finger at the young girl and spat, “THAT IS NOT MY SISTER!!!!”
 
“What do you mean?” Jacob asked as Anna smiled and replied, “She's just mad because I've joined Team Advent in their quest for world peace.”
 
Izy's eyes went wide as Jacob had no idea how to respond. Lucario clung to the boy's leg, frightened now. Anna was the nicest person he'd ever met. How could she work for Team Advent?